Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1689976 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15150 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:27 am »

Oh, but I do.  It extends beyond just "I'm an american, so I deserve magically higher wages!", and sprawls into the territory of "I'm an american, the rest of the world is just my own personal walmart."  You know, the whole "Sweatshop labor? Who cares, as long as the price is cheap" thing, coupled with wars for oil, and other such fun things.  All the same clam-bake.

I was unaware that enjoying high buying power when trading with the 3rd world was an exclusively American trait.  I guess it must be that Europeans buy the exact same tube socks and iphone covers that are made in China but it doesn't count because they dont have as large a military?
I knew we spent all that money on defense for a reason.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: March 07, 2015, 02:38:45 am »

Oh, but I do.  It extends beyond just "I'm an american, so I deserve magically higher wages!", and sprawls into the territory of "I'm an american, the rest of the world is just my own personal walmart."  You know, the whole "Sweatshop labor? Who cares, as long as the price is cheap" thing, coupled with wars for oil, and other such fun things.  All the same clam-bake.

I was unaware that enjoying high buying power when trading with the 3rd world was an exclusively American trait.  I guess it must be that Europeans buy the exact same tube socks and iphone covers that are made in China but it doesn't count because they dont have as large a military?
I knew we spent all that money on defense for a reason.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: March 07, 2015, 05:46:41 am »

"Scots ruling England" already happened, and it ended up with the UK.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: March 07, 2015, 06:11:49 am »

Silly Scots have no idea how to take over a country.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: March 07, 2015, 07:09:46 am »

Yes, but that's only because James VI liked England better. That's why he ruled from England and his descendents all grew up English.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: March 07, 2015, 07:32:25 am »

Also Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both Scottish.

* XXSockXX  takes cover while Owlbread fumes.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: March 07, 2015, 08:04:00 am »

Also Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are both Scottish.

* XXSockXX  takes cover while Owlbread fumes.
It's just evidence that supports my conclusion that having a Scottish PM is no alternative to full political independence.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: March 07, 2015, 08:26:42 am »

David Cameron also has a somewhat Scottish name. Not that he's even somewhat Scottish.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:42 am »

Yes, but that's only because James VI liked England better. That's why he ruled from England and his descendents all grew up English.
Obviously now we need an English king that will like Scotland better. For symmetry.
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: March 07, 2015, 12:25:00 pm »

No no, they're BRITISH monarchs now. Because we're all in this together, eh? One big happy family.

Scotland is the uncle that wears skirts, England is the shrill aunt, Wales is the weird kid no one can understand, Ireland is the estranged son who sometimes comes for Christmas supper, and Northern Ireland is Irelands twin who stayed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: March 07, 2015, 02:50:26 pm »

No no, they're BRITISH monarchs now. Because we're all in this together, eh? One big happy family.

Scotland is the uncle that wears skirts, England is the shrill aunt, Wales is the weird kid no one can understand, Ireland is the estranged son who sometimes comes for Christmas supper, and Northern Ireland is Irelands twin who stayed.

Northern Ireland also dyed his hair brown from red so he wouldn't look in any way like Ireland.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:34:45 pm by Owlbread »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: March 07, 2015, 03:04:35 pm »

Does he also wear colored contact lenses?  Gingers tend to have crazy green eyes for some reason, that would look downright strange under a dyed brown mop.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: March 07, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:48 am »

If Scotland rules England, I can foresee the Thames foaming with blood.
When was the referendum hold, just a year ago? It's fun to see the English-men squirm trying to fool everyone at the same time and failing.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1393