Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974585 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:09 am »

How do I get Therapist to show the different skill rates and to sort by them in the newest version? The new features are pretty awesome, but you seem to have removed that one.
to sort by skill rates, right click on the column header and choose that method. however, skill rate information is only available when using mods with multiple castes, as in vanilla, all the skill rates are the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 11:33:13 am »

Would it be possible to restore size readings? Not for weapon useage, because that doesn't work properly, but just the raw figures. Size is an important combat modifier, and it's pretty easy for one dwarf to be 3/4 the size of another. It's also the one weakness of uberdwarves -- they can last all day against an enemy that keeps knocking them over, but they won't be able to get on the offensive.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »

Would it be possible to restore size readings? Not for weapon useage, because that doesn't work properly, but just the raw figures. Size is an important combat modifier, and it's pretty easy for one dwarf to be 3/4 the size of another. It's also the one weakness of uberdwarves -- they can last all day against an enemy that keeps knocking them over, but they won't be able to get on the offensive.
sure. the only reason i disabled it was because i figured it was exclusively used for determining what weapons could, or could not, be equipped, but that turned out to be untrue.

yenticha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 09:45:07 pm »

hey thanks for the quick answer! I got it to work, but what I was actually missing was that I needed to give writing permissions on the folder+subfolders/files of DT. Now working perfectly! Making my life wayyyy easier.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »

Would it be possible to restore the old size readings, but updated to use racial size (or caste size) for wielding at all and individual size for 1H/2H? I'm not sure how much of a big deal it is in Fortress Mode -- adventurers can hold a shield and an oversized weapon in one hand, but dwarves might not.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2013, 01:54:41 pm »

Would it be possible to restore the old size readings, but updated to use racial size (or caste size) for wielding at all and individual size for 1H/2H? I'm not sure how much of a big deal it is in Fortress Mode -- adventurers can hold a shield and an oversized weapon in one hand, but dwarves might not.
what i've got setup at the moment is that it will use the caste's size to determine weapon usage, however in the weapon column's tooltip, it will show the actual dwarf's size. additionally i've added options to show the dwarf's size in the regular tooltip, and i've added a sort type in the right click menu on the main column.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 05:13:20 pm »

Don't mind me, just setting a watch on the awesome.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:54 am »

Is it possible to have a global option to ignore preferences? If a dwarf has a preference for something that isn't on your map and can't be brought onto the map, it's practically the same thing as having no preference at all.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 12:17:01 pm »

Is it possible to have a global option to ignore preferences? If a dwarf has a preference for something that isn't on your map and can't be brought onto the map, it's practically the same thing as having no preference at all.
you can temporarily do this by setting the global weight for preferences to zero in the options under the roles tab.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2013, 10:31:26 pm »

Oh there we are, I didn't really notice that tab. Thanks.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2013, 08:23:36 am »

Could someone kindly provide a 32 bit standalone Linux build of Dwarf Therapist or just the executable? I can build the 64 bit version just fine, but "QMAKESPEC=linux-g++-32 qmake" makes it no longer compile, even though I'm pretty sure, I have the 32 bit QT files.

An easy way to make a standalone version of DT is to take the version from Masterwork Mod, then just replace the exe.

EDIT: Nevermind, I compiled it on an older computer with 32 bit Linux, bundled it with libraries from Masterwork Mod and it kinda works, but is slow and seems to be missing a library. It stopped displaying attributes and I don't even know if it works under Windows correctly. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71287918/Dwarf%20Therapist-20.4.zip
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:53:03 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »

ptw
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 222