Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2035184 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24750 on: December 12, 2017, 03:33:58 am »

urist died when we switched to baycode,real talk

We had more people play on Baycode (and more consistently) than we ever did on /tg/. Urist died when I stopped developing/managing it for months at a time.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24751 on: December 12, 2017, 06:48:31 am »

As much as I dislike baycode, I think it worked better for urist (take opinion with pinch of salt I connected a total of like 10 times)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24752 on: March 24, 2018, 12:14:05 am »

Hopefully I end up getting better internet sometime soon. Once I do, I plan on putting in the hours to thoroughly learn at least a few roles and strategies, rather than just figuring out bits and pieces here and there using wikis and then forgetting it all as soon as I go a while without playing...

Who here still plays SS13 on the reg? Despite my currently awful internet, I still enjoy watching BPL's videos. Keen to get back into it soon.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24753 on: March 24, 2018, 04:22:40 am »

I could try and make some time to play. My internet is also awful so itd be fair.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24754 on: March 24, 2018, 10:03:25 am »

Hey, we still occasionally play SS13 like once weekly, we usually organize it via discord.

https://discord.gg/kGtDjvW

Feel free to pop in, the discord itself is actually pretty active, but yeah if you mean regularly daily we can't really pull the pop for that anymore.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24755 on: March 24, 2018, 10:43:57 am »

I liked it better when UMS was running TG code, personally. I found bay code more fiddly and lag prone. 
It's too bad the pop died down, Urist McStation was the best server by far that I ever played on. The RP and metagaming rules were almost perfect, and made for fun rounds.

What codebase are you guys on now? Still baycode?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24756 on: March 26, 2018, 08:57:46 pm »

I liked it better when UMS was running TG code, personally. I found bay code more fiddly and lag prone. 
It's too bad the pop died down, Urist McStation was the best server by far that I ever played on. The RP and metagaming rules were almost perfect, and made for fun rounds.

What codebase are you guys on now? Still baycode?

Yeah still on Baycode. Also yeah it's a shame the population died down but we still do play around every week, usually weekends. Pop is 8+ usually, some weeks we've seen as high as 15 so it varies. We mostly maintain contact through discord nowadays and try to rally people whenever we try to play something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24757 on: March 26, 2018, 09:03:03 pm »

I shall have to try and convince my housemate (who set up the internet before I moved in) to switch to a better internet service, but either way I'll be visiting family for a while next month and they probably have internet, so... I'll be sure to take my laptop. :)

I've definitely had some good times on this server over the years. Who remembers Lola Black? Is Bdthemag still around? Pretty sure he stopped adminning (or whatever the word is), but alas.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24758 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:31 am »

I've definitely had some good times on this server over the years. Who remembers Lola Black? Is Bdthemag still around? Pretty sure he stopped adminning (or whatever the word is), but alas.   

Now that is a name I've not heard in a long time... A long time...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24759 on: March 27, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »

Yeah if we get some more players returning on the discord we'll definitely push for more games, sounds great. Also I'm pretty sure I haven't seen BD, period in a very very long time, even on the forums. He kinda vanished after the first year Urist was opened, whereabouts of the end of 2013 to early 2014 I'm pretty sure, pretty much after the switch to Bay.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24760 on: April 10, 2018, 10:08:24 am »

I have updated Byond and re-integrated with Discord.

I wish to be a spessmahn again.
He's fucking with us.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24761 on: April 11, 2018, 11:18:22 pm »

Ey, why was I banned from the Discord? If it was for that argument a month ago, I'll have you know I apologized shortly after and didn't do anything afterward.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:26:49 pm by Pwnzerfaust »
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24762 on: April 12, 2018, 06:20:52 am »

I might tool around for a bit. How many people are usually around on the servers nowadays?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24763 on: April 12, 2018, 06:23:56 am »

I play /tg/station. Best server IMO, has OK community by SS13 standards, reasonable admins, and has many features.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24764 on: April 12, 2018, 08:54:35 am »

I seem to recall cutting off several heads that round. Two doctors saved me from dying in the hall after I got back from being spaced and I told them, "You should have let me die. It's about to get bloody."

... I think we won that round via excessively brutal applications of summary execution.
He's fucking with us.