Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986913 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8745 on: August 10, 2013, 01:24:46 am »

I'd really like feedback from someone who saw them, though. Supposedly the one I dropped in EVA took out a good chunk of the bridge, but I'm not sure how much of that was panicked assessment and how much was reality.
Couldn't take a screenshot of the one that devastated the bridge, but here's one of the explosion near the morgue.
Bah, that one was sort of crappy. Though I do like the neat circular patterning, it didn't even take out the far side of Genetics. I think the mix did worse than traditional 2:1. Maybe next time I'll try just adding an extra canny of plasma to the burn and letting the plasma tanks pressurize higher than 1k kPa. Thanks for grabbing a screenshot, though, it helps me gauge the effectiveness quite a bit!

Well, that was Red's admin suicide. He got tired of being an admin (He said he wanted to be banned) and decided to go out in the most flashy, ridiculous way possible: Spawning thousands of corgis in a pod and gibbing them ALL AT THE SAME TIME WITH A BOMB. It was so horrible that the shuttle ETA went down to at least -30 minutes before crashing the server. You couldn't even MOVE, but OOC messages still passed. We had a good nineteen people at the time.

I thought he said he was going to be, not that he wanted to be.
It sort of sounded like he was sick of adminning and decided to do it for the lulz, with the expectation of being banned. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: August 10, 2013, 01:30:40 am »

Why would he even... I don't even... Tired of being an admin, so he intentionally crashes the server on people? Why Red?

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: August 10, 2013, 01:37:12 am »

There are many underlying reasons, including a few people(You know who you are.) Who have made this fucking horrible. Plus, I wanted to teach KG a lesson. Look at who you admin.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: August 10, 2013, 01:40:36 am »

Being an admin isn't suppose to be fun or enjoyable. You deal with shitty people, but that's apart of the job. If you were expecting otherwise, then maybe you shouldn't be an admin. But if this is an issue regarding how you feel shitty for doing something stupid, than you're grossly overreacting and making a fool of yourself.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf-Head and former Urist McStation Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:38 am »

I think we're neglecting how much fun everyone had. Everyone was laughing their arses off, and no one wanted to see Redfox go. It was only in retrospect, after he assumed he was going to be banned, that he said "At least I went with a bang."

If he is banned over this, I just won't have nearly as much fun with this game. Silly and insane stuff happening is the life's blood of this game. It got carried away when the shuttle was -47 minutes overdo, but of the origonal 20, a good 15 of us were still there even when the server finally gave up the ghost. If people who make up the very soul of that spirit, who for which a good portion of the server's players said they were willing to migrate over, are banned merely for a joke that accidentally went to far, then what are we really playing this game for?

He never said he wanted to be banned, and was, in OOC going "Shit. FUCK. WRONG BUTTON!" right before the corgi-splosion.

Bernard Page here just saying Redfox for best Badmin.

Not trying to say it was alright, but I am trying to point out no one, at least at the time, seemed very bothered by it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:03:21 am by Grant4455 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: August 10, 2013, 02:02:17 am »

I'm not angry at him for doing it, I'm not angry at all. I've just been under the assumption that Red wanted to be banned, since Nien told me directly he said that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: August 10, 2013, 02:07:00 am »

I'm not angry at him for doing it, I'm not angry at all. I've just been under the assumption that Red wanted to be banned, since Nien told me directly he said that.

All I actually saw Nien say was "JUST TO CLARIFY, THIS WAS ALL RED. OKAY EVERYONE?"

It was in a humorous light, but yea.

If he 'wanted to be banned', I think is something we need to just ask him. I never saw him actually say something to that caliber, moreover, it was more "This was worth it, even if I get banned."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: August 10, 2013, 02:16:04 am »

Meh, I think it's a rather silly thing to get worked up over. The round was already over, and it was funny up until about the half-hour mark, when conversation started dying down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: August 10, 2013, 02:23:35 am »

All I actually saw Nien say was "JUST TO CLARIFY, THIS WAS ALL RED. OKAY EVERYONE?"
Actually I think I said "JUST TO BE CLEAR, I WASN'T PART OF THIS." "OKAY EVERY?"

Grant4455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: August 10, 2013, 02:28:07 am »

Actually I think I said "JUST TO BE CLEAR, I WASN'T PART OF THIS." "OKAY EVERY?"

Sorry. I don't still have it in front of me. If you do though, I would love for you to send me the logs. I'm writing an AAR.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: August 10, 2013, 02:30:20 am »

Sorry. I don't still have it in front of me. If you do though, I would love for you to send me the logs. I'm writing an AAR.
I put what I think said, I know I wouldn't say what you put because I wouldn't use the would clarify as I suck at sleeping and would have to Google hot to spell it right.
Kinda wish I saved the logs.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: August 10, 2013, 02:31:58 am »

Red, if you do stop adminning, I will miss those late night rounds with you. I understand if you want to leave, still a shame though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: August 10, 2013, 04:38:27 am »

Red, if you do stop adminning, I will miss those late night rounds with you. I understand if you want to leave, still a shame though.
This.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: August 10, 2013, 05:35:03 am »

NO RED, DON'T GO!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: August 10, 2013, 09:41:41 am »

Yes, please stay; I know you definitely made the round much more fun than it could have been without you.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1654