Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515270 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Panama Mercifully Releases Crew Of Sugar MiG Ship [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #2850 on: February 02, 2014, 11:14:54 am »

Panama stopped the ship in July and authorities found undeclared weaponry from Cuba -- including MiG fighter jets, anti-aircraft systems and explosives -- buried under thousands of bags of sugar.
Hey Guardian, what do you think being buried under sugar would do to a MiG?
Authorities had originally imposed a $1 million fine on North Korea over the shipment, which they said violated the security of the canal, a key waterway linking the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

That fine was reduced by a third to $666,666, Panama's Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
SAAATTTTANNNNN!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:16:27 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »

Panama stopped the ship in July and authorities found undeclared weaponry from Cuba -- including MiG fighter jets, anti-aircraft systems and explosives -- buried under thousands of bags of sugar.
Authorities had originally imposed a $1 million fine on North Korea over the shipment, which they said violated the security of the canal, a key waterway linking the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

That fine was reduced by a third to $666,666, Panama's Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
SAAATTTTANNNNN!

- It'd turn into a sweet plane.

- ...They simply reduced the fine by 1/3. That's all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

He meant the 666 part. But wait! They reduced it by a third, which is 1/3, and there are 3 sides in a triangle, which means Illuminati! The plot thickens...
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

He meant the 666 part. But wait! They reduced it by a third, which is 1/3, and there are 3 sides in a triangle, which means Illuminati! The plot thickens...
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »

Sugar isn't corrosive. Plus, even though Tom Clancy might argue otherwise, MiGs, including scaled-down export versions of them aren't that fragile and won't break down from a little bit of pressure of sugar bags.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:34:41 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 02, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »

Sugar isn't corrosive. Plus, even though Tom Clancy might argue otherwise, MiGs, including scaled-down export versions of them aren't that fragile and won't break down from a little bit of pressure of sugar bags.

Sugar is sticky. Many parts don't like being sticky.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Fortunately it's bagged.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Have you ever been around sugar? No container could hold enough of it to prevent some granules escaping and making the surrounding surfaces all sticky.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Sugar in a petrol tank will screw oven an engine. I dread to think what it could do to a jet turbine.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Probably less damage actually.

Besides, I'm pretty sure the sugar + engine thing is a myth. Sugar doesn't dissolve in petrol (IIRC) and it will be blocked by the engine.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Besides, I'm pretty sure the sugar + engine thing is a myth. Sugar doesn't dissolve in petrol (IIRC) and it will be blocked by the engine.

Sugar is polar, petrol is unpolar. Therefore, it does not dissolve in petrol. This might be the problem exactly, though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Sugar is sticky. Many parts don't like being sticky.
I also have many of these parts.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Sugar is polar, petrol is unpolar. Therefore, it does not dissolve in petrol. This might be the problem exactly, though.

Well, as long as there's a decent fuel filter, it shouldn't clog up anything.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

You need sufficient quantities of sugar, obviously. Not just one quantity, no sir! Multiple ones!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Anyway, if you want to destroy someone's engine just add nitroglycerin in the tank.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 341