Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 514975 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/10/447462584/in-pictures-at-military-parade-north-korean-leader-says-hes-ready-for-war

Glorious best Korean parade!

I believe that he's ready for war against the US. He's well-fed. The rest of his country, though...

Also, look at the first picture in that article. All those hats facing the other direction, except for that one guy. Guess who's next to be shot with an anti-aircraft gun~!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold on, take a look at those planes in that last photo. Are those single-engine planes?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold on, take a look at those planes in that last photo. Are those single-engine planes?
they in fact appear to be biplains.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So do you think that this was an air show or is their air force made of hipsters who insist on being retro?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So do you think that this was an air show or is their air force made of hipsters who insist on being retro?
how dare you insult glorious peoples airforce of best Korea!

they probably don't have enough obsolete cold war jets to look as impressive from a distance. that or thats the sum total of their capible pilots flying the only non broken planes they have fuel for. :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

They're going to war any time now.

Any time now.

Aaaaaaaaany time now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to guess, the biplanes Are An-2s, which are kind of light transport biplane. The North Koreans keep a few of them around.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Now I'm curious about how that'd go down.  I assume they have jets too, but they've released pics of armed An-2s, so what would actually happen in a combat situation between modern fighter jets and biplanes?

Is the jet slow enough to even draw a firing solution?  Is it worth using missiles?  A sidewinder costs 600,000 dollars.

I suppose they could just ignore them but since they can carry bombs and rockets they'd have to eventually do something about them.  Shoot htem with machineguns?

Oh wait, military industrial complex.  Shoot the missiles, that just means we have to buy more.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'd need to be pretty careful to hit an An-2 with a Air to Air missile, I think. Patriots would almost certainly be able to do it without too much trouble, though.

If we're in for the Korean War to get hot again, the cost of a few missiles isn't going to be much compared to the total bill.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Now I'm curious about how that'd go down.  I assume they have jets too, but they've released pics of armed An-2s
There were jet fighters at the parade. NPR just decided not to include the photo of them in their article.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Wow, they brought out all five of them!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Probably The European Politics Thread [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3461 on: December 03, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

Yes, yes, Euroskeptics and all that rot. How unsettling.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: December 03, 2015, 10:19:53 pm »

Yes, yes, Euroskeptics and all that rot. How unsettling.
Wat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: December 03, 2015, 10:21:24 pm »

Poor North Korea, losing their thread to Europe.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: December 03, 2015, 10:22:39 pm »

The Imperialistic West's unsustainable cruelty has finally caused them to turn upon each other like the rabid ill-bred dogs they are. Soon this illegal and immoral European Union will crumble to nothing, and its long-oppressed peoples will turn to the glorious might of Best Korea for financial and technological leadership.

I have no idea what's happening either.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 341