Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513879 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Has Attained Geocities Enlightenment [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4140 on: September 23, 2016, 02:03:28 am »

One would think those would be swept for rather rigorously, but yeah.
The ocean is very big and the detonation could be manual
I mean, if they were sufficiently paranoid they could probably rig the mines to detonate when attacked with normal sweeping methods. Or make the clearing of a conventional mine the trigger for the nuclear detonation. You can add nukes to horseshoes and hand-grenades pretty fairly, after all. Or, hell, set them to manually detonate and seed them inside conventional minefields.
Now there's good thinkin'.

Or best of all, say you've put nuclear sea mines in the ocean, when you haven't. US navy starts cautiously searching for nuclear sea mines that don't exist. Plan backfires when China invades
I mean, the threat is half the point with mines of most varieties, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4141 on: September 23, 2016, 06:44:03 am »

Also a man piloted midget submarine carrying the nuclear weapon in a suicide attack
Despite being old as fuck, their subs can still avoid detection, providing a real risk of conventional suicide attacks or a worst case scenario nuclear attack

Or best of all, say you've put nuclear sea mines in the ocean, when you haven't. US navy starts cautiously searching for nuclear sea mines that don't exist. Plan backfires when China invades
I mean, the threat is half the point with mines of most varieties, right?
Pretty much, area of denial and all that

I would not want to be a mine disposal diver, often because bringing a torch could trigger the detonation, they have to work in cold darkness underwater and figure out what mine is located underwater by feeling it by hand. Imagine that as your job description, you blindly feel up bombs in conditions that would kill most people normally lol

How small does anyone think NKorea's made their warhead anyways? They say it's miniaturized but Western Media calls that bullshit

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: September 23, 2016, 10:23:10 am »

How small does anyone think NKorea's made their warhead anyways? They say it's miniaturized but Western Media calls that bullshit
Must... resist temptation... to crack joke.

probablyabouttwoincheslong

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: It's All About That TaepoDong [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4143 on: September 23, 2016, 10:30:00 am »

Regret is for the dead.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: September 23, 2016, 11:04:26 am »

Thread title is best title.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:30:16 am by SirQuiamus »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: September 24, 2016, 12:21:05 pm »

Something something medivac drop something something nydus worm something something dark templars something something kim better make sure his detection and map control is good

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: September 24, 2016, 03:30:49 pm »

Yet Another Cowardly Imperialist Plot to Assassinate the Beloved Leader

No surprise that they'd have such a contingency plan. What IS surprising though is that the guy apparently blabbed about it right in the open. I mean, that's like telling your enemy 'Yo, we're gonna assassinate you soon!'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: September 24, 2016, 10:06:26 pm »

No surprise that they'd have such a contingency plan. What IS surprising though is that the guy apparently blabbed about it right in the open. I mean, that's like telling your enemy 'Yo, we're gonna assassinate you soon!'.
If NK actually attacks, SK is going to be about as screwed as it ever will pretty much immediately. There's obviously some merit to taking out sustained artillery and such as soon as possible, but assassinating the top brass isn't going to do anything once the button's been pressed.

On the other hand, if SK says it will assassinate the top brass, theoretically the top brass might be less willing to actually invade, which is far more productive. It could also just be a poorly thought out hawk thing or trying to speak NK's language, in which case of course they're going to brag about how tough they are and how all illegal aggressors will be destroyed immediately and with overwhelming force.

So the same reasons NK keeps bragging about nuking the US, basically, except SK's claims are actually plausible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: September 24, 2016, 10:37:58 pm »

If NK actually attacks, SK is going to be about as screwed as it ever will pretty much immediately. There's obviously some merit to taking out sustained artillery and such as soon as possible, but assassinating the top brass isn't going to do anything once the button's been pressed.

On the other hand, if SK says it will assassinate the top brass, theoretically the top brass might be less willing to actually invade, which is far more productive. It could also just be a poorly thought out hawk thing or trying to speak NK's language, in which case of course they're going to brag about how tough they are and how all illegal aggressors will be destroyed immediately and with overwhelming force.

So the same reasons NK keeps bragging about nuking the US, basically, except SK's claims are actually plausible.

And top brass being Kim Jong-Un. Though it's also calling his bluff, in a somewhat dangerous way.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: September 25, 2016, 03:08:17 am »

South Korea knows what to do if they hear "Nuclear launch detected" -- spam vision and kill all Ghosts. They'll be fine.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4151 on: September 25, 2016, 05:27:38 am »

South Korea knows what to do if they hear "Nuclear launch detected" -- spam vision and kill all Ghosts. They'll be fine.
North Korea tech is so behind they haven't research cloaking tech yet, meaning they're wide open for a liberator freedom rush

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: September 25, 2016, 01:57:15 pm »

North Korea tech is so behind they haven't research cloaking tech yet, meaning they're wide open for a liberator freedom rush
After all, I'm pretty sure that NK's army is mostly just Marines and Tank, a combination that doesn't do very well against massed FREEDOM. I'm pretty sure that Kim just had them build a Ghost Academy as a feint; they're relying on mass bunkered marines and sieged tanks. The biggest problem is that they don't have any Medivacs, so that army is hamstrung when it comes to mobility, while SK is using a much more advanced tech army, ready for marine/marauder drops right into the mineral lines. While that drop's going on, what's Kim going to do against a Hellion/Cyclone attack against his third to snipe some buildings?

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: September 25, 2016, 03:00:24 pm »

Plus they didn't scout very well in the early game. Kim thinks that SK went full bio.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:56 am »

I guess this is the closest thread for it... so uh, any of you fine folks heard about some sort of goddess cult controlling the president of South Korea?

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3025416

That's a hell of a thing, but surely the president would come out and tell everyone how absurd it is, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/25/south-korea-leader-acknowledges-ties-to-woman-in-scandal.html

Ah yes, she acknowledged ties to her...

WAIT WHAT?

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/767405.html

I think I speak for everyone when I say: WTF 2016!?!?!
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 341