Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515165 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: You Have Been Indicted [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4290 on: January 19, 2017, 02:06:18 pm »

A politician involved in corruption? I feel a complete lack of surprise.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: January 19, 2017, 06:04:24 pm »

North Korea may be readying a missile test, possibly as early as Friday.

As with anything NK, it pretty much boils down to "Activity spotted!", but yeah, Trump is going to get tested pretty quick. Pretty audacious on NKs part, though it's completely unknown whether they are whacking a honeybee hive, a hornets nest, or a hive of hornets that are supercharged with whatever hormone that insects use which heightens aggression*.

*or maybe demon hornets or hornets crossed with africanized honeybees, or something.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:13:53 pm by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: January 20, 2017, 04:49:13 am »

Will be nice to see how he responds.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:45 am »

Human swine claims that Glorious Leader of BEST KOREA's days are numbered!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/world/asia/north-korea-defector.html

When will the shameless character assassinations stop!?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Democracy In DPRK Threatened By Plague Of Capitalist Fake News [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4294 on: January 26, 2017, 04:03:52 am »

Mr. Thae had been the North’s No. 2 diplomat in London until he fled to the South last summer with his family. South Korea has hailed his defection as a sign of growing disillusionment among North Korean elites with the country’s leader, Kim Jong-un. Since December, Mr. Thae has given a series of interviews to share his dire view of today’s North Korea.
Londonistan infected him with freedom
All according to keikaku

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy In DPRK Threatened By Plague Of Capitalist Fake News [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4295 on: January 26, 2017, 04:14:49 am »

Their children were afflicted with... WESTERN DECADENCE!

It must have happened during Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EALhTc-hE8

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: February 02, 2017, 11:28:06 pm »

Mattis sends a really strong message to NK.

And I mean REALLY strong. I wonder if that means we'd have to retaliate if they even do a nuke test? Because 'utilize' here could mean simply testing it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: February 02, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »

Wow. Yeah, you're not kidding. That is VERY strong.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:48 am »

That doesn't seem strong at all.

Quote from: Defense Secretary of Illegal Capitalist Aggressor
"Any attack on the United States, or our allies, will be defeated, and any use of nuclear weapons would be met with a response that would be effective and overwhelming"
The first part is pretty standard for international dickwaving. The second is pretty standard for threats in response to being nuked.

I wonder if that means we'd have to retaliate if they even do a nuke test? Because 'utilize' here could mean simply testing it.
Given the context of the quote and the loose assumption that we're not NK, I wouldn't think so. Directly, at least. Sanctions and loud military posturing is (relatively) cheap.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I mean, "You nuke something we care about, we nuke the bajeezless out of you" has basically been standard operating procedure.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, though it's usually more subtly implied.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I mean, "You nuke something we care about, we nuke the bajeezless out of you" has basically been standard operating procedure.

Is it standard US doctrine to use nukes in case of nuclear attacks on one of their allies?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda.  That is one of the cornerstones of the UN membership agreement, and why the US's huge military expenditures have enabled so many european nations to avoid such heavy expenditures themselves. It is expected that if some serious threat attacks one of them, the US and its really big stick will intervene.

That is one of the issues surrounding Trump's threats of leaving the UN, and is kinda the basis for his rationale for doing so. (that those nations need to contribute more meaningfully to their own national defense)

But while I can see how a thread about narcissistic despots, like Glorious Leader of Best Korea might get some love for other narcissistic despots, like Donald Trump, the latter does not really belong here.  Just pointing out that the verbiage of the UN pact treats any attack against a member nation, as if it were an attack against all other member nations, and necessitates those members to strike back accordingly.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda.  That is one of the cornerstones of the UN membership agreement, and why the US's huge military expenditures have enabled so many european nations to avoid such heavy expenditures themselves. It is expected that if some serious threat attacks one of them, the US and its really big stick will intervene.

That is one of the issues surrounding Trump's threats of leaving the UN, and is kinda the basis for his rationale for doing so. (that those nations need to contribute more meaningfully to their own national defense)

But while I can see how a thread about narcissistic despots, like Glorious Leader of Best Korea might get some love for other narcissistic despots, like Donald Trump, the latter does not really belong here.  Just pointing out that the verbiage of the UN pact treats any attack against a member nation, as if it were an attack against all other member nations, and necessitates those members to strike back accordingly.

I believe you mean NATO there, not UN. NAto is the big defensive alliance which is based on US military expense, UN is the huge global  diplomatic organization which has no power to nuke anyone

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably. I *AM* tired.

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 341