Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435687 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Give myself the form of a two-headed me.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn into a honey badger.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim attempts to put himself in his 'real' body, albeit in the same clothing he's wearing now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Imagine myslef as a giant stack of pancakes, with syrup and honey
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:09:49 pm by Pancaek »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Appear as myself, holding the staff of Asclepius. Complete with the snake, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Give myself the form of a two-headed me.
[will:1]
Your mental projection boils and explodes. It reforms a moment later.

Turn into a honey badger.
[will:3+1]
You turn into a honey badger. The transformation isn't totally convincing, what with the one metal claw, but it's close enough.

Jim attempts to put himself in his 'real' body, albeit in the same clothing he's wearing now.
[will:6+1]

You become you; the old you with your normal flesh. You go a bit overboard on the whole "cute man" idea an end up mighty androgynous and mildly Japanese looking.

Imagine myslef as a giant stack of pancakes, with syrup and honey
[will:1+1]
Nothing happens. Hrm.

Appear as myself, holding the staff of Asclepius. Complete with the snake, of course.
[will:2]
You remain as you are.

"Well..that was a bit underwhelming. I suggest you practice that; the ability to change those projections and to blend in with the environment is invaluable to remaining undetected by the mind we are going to be having you infiltrate. Here,"

A dummy that looks exactly like the technician appears

"Try and duplicate me as much you can.  Once you've got that down, try making objects and otherwise molding your projection. Stealth is key to this mission; you can't just force your way through, not against a mind like this."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Study the dummy, then copy the technician.

A mind like this?

Ed. If successful, try to make a simple chair appear.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:43:09 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim focuses on the technician and attempts to force his own body to be a replica. If he manages that, he also attempts to create a belt-fed chaingun to lug around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Study the technician in detail.
Then become a clone of him.
If successful, make a typical tool of his trade appear, held in my hand.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"goddamnit, need to focus"

Study the technician, then replicate him, holding a clipboard and a pen in my hands. study the clipboard, trying to look as technician-y as possible.

"stealth...kinda like this?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Analyze the technician's dummy and turn into it. If successful, summon a MkIII, and if not then keep trying.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealth is key to this mission; you can't just force your way through, not against a mind like this

((when things go wrong, you can always try and bring up Mr. Charles!))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

Stealth is key to this mission; you can't just force your way through, not against a mind like this
((when things go wrong, you can always try and bring up Mr. Charles!))
((Looks like a mission where charisma and speech will finally see some use.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

We'll fast forward this training montage.

The team takes a few hours to play around with changing shape, creating objects and otherwise manipulating the neural interface. Their practice gains them experience in its use and a lovely +1 dynamic bonus for further actions like the ones they've been doing. Eventually the technician gives them the boot from the machines and down the hall to one last room with one last person, a man who seems much more important then the last two, judging by his uniform.

The team and the man sit down at a table in what looks like a conference room and after a long pause the man begins.

"Here's whats going on. Currently we are in an area of deep space near the edge of the galaxy. There are no stars out here for several dozen lightyears in any direction. What there is out here is a jump point. A jump point that, if you angle in on the right vector, leads straight into the heart of UWM territory.  Needless to say, we keep this place under close watch. The reason why your here is because our guard as gone AWOL, for lack of a better word."

The team looks at each other for a moment.

"And what does that have to do with us? Or these neural interface things?"

"The guard of this point is a Ghostship. A relic of the Altered wars, over a thousand years old."

He pauses a moment and seems to be considering how to go on. Finally he knits his fingers together and continues.

"Ghostships can do what they do by merging the minds of hundreds or even thousands of men. The process takes a great deal of work, unconscious programing and conscious training. If it's used for a relatively short time, the process is reversible. But the longer it functions, the more the minds lose their individuality. One this old has no individuality left. It's not even a hivemind, it's a singular consciousness, the thoughts of which we cannot even conceive of, wielding enough amp power to reduce flotillas to atomic spray.

The one orbiting the jump point out there, relatively near by, has gone silent. It doesn't respond to signals any more. We think it's trapped in a cognitive loop. It's something that happens to the old ones some times; they have a long time to float in space, considering their strange existences and finding paradoxes which lock them up. The danger is that, after considering the paradox for some time, be it a few seconds or a few centuries, they may come to dangerous conclusions.

Our job is to erase the paradox."

He pauses again, looking at the team and waiting for any questions before proceeding.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim rubbed his forehead. "All right. How do we do that?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243