Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435679 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's just hope the blobs don't get crazy after and if they notice it was a trick. I have the impression that if those things can get to learning they might become even more ravenous." Milno comments. "This time I'll try my luck."

Drift to the syringe blimp.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"I'll go as well."
Move along with Milno.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I think the ship might at some point just put this entire section on lockdown and bleach it. Am I the only one who finds the fact that your attempts to fool these blobs are actually working, worrying?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim follows for lack of better options and acts as lookout this time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((I think the ship might at some point just put this entire section on lockdown and bleach it. Am I the only one who finds the fact that your attempts to fool these blobs are actually working, worrying?))
((Hardly. I'm quite suspicious, and I'm sure Cael is as well. It's why I'd like to find a way to feign our deaths as far as the ship is concerned, not that I expect to actually find one.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I am suspicious and worried. I've been trying to think of a way to get us to disappear off the ship's radar, but I'm not sure.

GM: What happens when the blobs hit the illusions/copies created by Maurice?))

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((I think this is more of an Inception kind of situation. I don't think those blobs are the actual ship, I think they're just projections of its subconscious (or whatever passes for subconscious in a construct composed of thousands of interconnected humans, computers and weird space magic) trying to cure an infection, to remove an anomaly.
When the ship focused its gaze on something close to someone, they felt an unbearable pressure, like when it was reviewing the first "I like killing stuff!" memory or when Jim exited the Bunker memory's visible area.
Remember, everything they see here are projections created by the computers they're plugged into, that are trying to interpret what is happening in that section of the ship's memory they're remotely debugging. The blobs, like everything else "here", aren't living things with a mind of their own but rather parts of a living thing (or maybe not even parts but mere processes and concepts), enlarged, slowed down and given shape so that they make enough sense to humans for them to interact with them.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How does that change anything? That's an interesting idea for what the blobs are, but I don't see how that has any effect on the practical happenings.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Perhaps I misunderstood. Were you worried about the ability to view the ship's memories without problem provided someone is skilled enough? I thought you meant you were worried about the fact that those blobs weren't evolving and that meant something worse would appear soon.

To that worry I answer that a. they are using a service ship specifically designed for these kind of operations. If someone else was trying to hack it I think it would be harder. b. They can view things fine, but the moment they do something out of the ordinary or try to alter something significant the ship itself notices something is wrong. c. if something could survive hacking the ghost ship and significantly altering its memories, the ghost ship would be the least of humanity's problems.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((As a matter of fact, I am worried that something else will appear soon, but I did find it interesting that it is possible to mess up with the ghost ship in this way. And while your previous explanation was interesting, I don't see how it addressed any of mine concerns.

So the blobs are parts of ship's consciousness, that still doesn't stop them from being blobs, or something else coming along.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((I guess I was saying that you shouldn't expect tactics and intelligent behaviour from a defense mechanism. Then again, I I've never been in the mind of a ghost ship, so I'm probably wrong.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((I kind of get an Azathoth-ish feel from this- something all-powerful, but nearly mindless.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Biggest problem is not knowing. As far as we know, Maurice's strategy of spamming copies could be a very good - if not the best - tactic at hand. We, however, do not know exactly how things work and how they will react to the same thing in the future, no matter how many theories we throw at it. Being cautious ends up being the safe middleground until we are forced to take really radical measures.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I'm purposefully trying not to suggest anything on this mission since I'm not on it.  I do get a strong feeling of it that way, though.  Plus, I imagine PW enjoys some cosmic horror.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

So, would you prefer us on the lookout, or are we indeed splitting to investigate several hard memories at once?
If the former...
As much I'd rather join them, if the distraction spam tactic is still viable, my duty lies here, on the lookout.

Also, may I ask you to note any interesting pieces or concepts of medical tech you might find there? If there are any in that hard memory, I'd like to see it myself later - if there is time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:01:39 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 243