Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437090 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but then it was really stretched out. This, now that we actually see the guy, is a lot more concrete. And I am still not saying that it is him.

Also, link?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg3747370#msg3747370

But it doesn't say much that we didn't knew. Just that he considers unethical research acceptable when it is going to save humanity. Simus didn't really read it much, she just skimmed it.

Yay, ninja!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:02:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((It was a short sequence, starting here. Or maybe Parisbre56 ninja's me.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Did Jim ever check that datachip he found a few posts prior?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Actually, I'd never think that man was the Doctor, were it not for the deliberate capitalization of the word "doctor" in the next-to-last line. Also, thanks for pointing about that book - I've completely forgotten that piece of information. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"No." The subjects reply in unison, their eyes fixed firmly ahead.

"Good. Good." VonNost says with a nod. "There is nothing to fear. Soon this will be behind you and all the worlds of man shall be in your debt."

He waves to the man at the front of the line and the group advances again, slowly marching down the hall. As they advance, threading through a maze of passages and doorways, they are flanked on either side by soldiers. It's hard to tell if they're there to protect the subjects from the world, or if it's the other way around. The vessel has no feelings towards them, at least none strong enough to leave an impression. She regards them as one might regard a staircase or pillar; merely part of the decor. Eventually they reach a final door, a heavy bulkhead with vault like doors. One of the soldiers keys in a code and the door opens. The subjects walk inside, into a clean white barracks where hundreds more like them wait.

Every one of them turns their heads in unison.

"Welcome" They say in unison.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(No, I didn't check the datachip. I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it the one Simus got a mission ago? Because I'm pretty sure she checked that.)

Jim watches, of course.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creepy shit.

Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Didn't Feyri keep her diary in a datachip hidden under her pillow? Maybe that's what he found.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:03:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(No, because she's used it since then. Anyway, that datachip is probably gone forever now since I don't know what they do to robot bodies when the person in them is done with them, and that's where it was stored.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Watch. Wait. Remain visible. Keep studying VonNost.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ok, we're gonna speed things up from now on.

---------------------------------------------------

VonNost is gone so the team watches as the specimens spread out amongst their brothers and sisters. They don't speak but there is a strange sort of understanding amongst them; an unspoken connection. They sit down and sort of stare at one another. Not uncomfortable, not anxious. Just...staring. There is a very strange feeling in the vessel's chest. A feeling of being alone. Not lonely, no, not that. But the feeling that there is no one outside of herself in this room. They are all her and she is all them.

The memory loops from here.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Exit the memory. Look for the nerve node one.
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Exit. If the pressure wave still exists or the memory is besieged by blobs or other safety measures, retreat back into the memory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243