Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436937 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri turned back to look everyone in the eye, bemused by their sudden vote and expression before looking back at the messenger.

"I'll only ask a few, sir. But I've to ask you to excuse any ornery presentations of my colleagues. It's usually how it is when entering a new environment. Disorientation and adaptation. You'd understand.

"Firstly, we've heard about your castes and colors. How is rank and hierarchy taken in your society, if I would ask? By dresscode, color or can you sense how and who everyone else is even without ceremonial garb?

"Secondly, why can we not know how to address the Radiant One ahead of time. For formalities sake. Where we come from, it is best to know about what is to come ahead of time, as that would lead to respect.

"Thirdly, I'd...well. I'd like to get to know your customs more if we are to defend this place, and its God, more appropriately."

Ask and let ask.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(("Skinless sexbot?" Oh god, tell me that's someone other than me.))

"What is the significance of being dressed in orange or red, other than 'higher status?'

Otherwise no."

Status question.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have a few questions myself, of the utmost importance.

What sort of food and beverages await for us while in your palace?
What type of weaponry do the conventional palace guards carry?
What group would we fit into by the standards of your social caste?
Are your people all male?
What sort of animals do you have?
How are we supposed to bathe?
What are your toilets like?
What sort of music do you guys listen to?
Do you guys have orgies in the palace?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"And I meant very curious, for some of them. Ahem."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((well, Lyra wont have any trouble following those behavior rules. she doesn't do any of that anyway.))
continue to lean against the back corner wall, hands behind my back, looking down and to one side, and wait for questions to be answered.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

The messenger in red watches with marked restraint as the naked albino argues with what appears to be a skinless sexbot about who is in charge, who is insane and what exactly is going on. The most expression he shows is a slight tilt of the head when, amongst much screaming and jabbering from everyone on the shuttle, the conversation becomes an argument of which is better, sodomy or cannibalism. And then people being declaring that some woman named Feyri is their leader. He seems very bemused by all this.
((You left out the little kid asking what sodomy was.))

((May?))

"Miss Feyri, what's an or-gee and why does May want to know about them? Mister Messenger Person, what's your name? What's the Radiant One's name? Are there priests? Are the priests nice or evil or crazy? Are there lots of people? Can I see the people? Is there a museum? Is it a free museum? Can I got to the museum? Are there other kids where we're going? Can I talk to Mister Jim? Is there a computer? Is there a bunch of scrap and stuff around? What are we doing again? Do we have to hurt people? I don't wanna hurt people. Can I have a cookie? Steve never gave me a cookie. Do you know Steve? He's a spaceship. He's nice, at least compared to a lot of the people on the Damocle's Sword.. Is this place going to be like that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yep, that was Faith. Good luck with the new looks.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(In just one turn, this has become the best mission ever.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'd just like to point out that Einstenian Roulette is probably the sixth best RTD centered around Prison Labor that I've ever played.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"*sigh* let's just say that it was something else that the aforementioned ancient city did and was razed off the face of the Earth for. "
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((You guys just gave me the best idea.
The best.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Does it involve recreating the destruction of Sodom? Or does it involve sentient razors?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((Does it involve recreating the destruction of Sodom? Or does it involve sentient razors?))
((It involves inducing planet wide horrible hedonistic acts in the name of religious superiority.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Don't worry Grate, May's asking for precautions. She is, afterall, a trained diplomat."

Feyri said this enough that the man would also hear it. She had a feeling that May may not perform that well unless she was happy with her job...before continuing her talk with the messenger.

"That's Grate by the way, one of our younger members. Quite intelligent and curious. A good lad."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"I have two, no, three questions, really, if you don't mind. Firstly, milord, are we given free roam of the city or are we strictly on guard duty? Secondly, how advanced is the level of electronic communication on this planet, and what means of surveillance do you enact on the public?"

Ask further. Get shown to guard quarters.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 243