Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435723 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))
((I am tempted to say it's because she's a little pony, but I'm afraid it would go mostly unappreciated. ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))

((Of course she's an elf. She's small, looks younger than she actually is, has white hair and eyes and feels uncomfortable in human society. If that's not an elf I don't know what is.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))

((Of course she's an elf. She's small, looks younger than she actually is, has white hair and eyes and feels uncomfortable in human society. If that's not an elf I don't know what is.))
((to quote Lyra:
...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just walk around our assigned building. Try to see how can we use the environment in our favor in case of problems, like in case of an invasion.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))
((I am tempted to say it's because she's a little pony, but I'm afraid it would go mostly unappreciated. ;) ))

((
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Well, I was planning to experiment with what may be an interesting device and its potential effects on people - I think it wise to isolate and restrain any subjects in that case, no?"

As Stacy twirls around on his toes, he pauses.

"Although that gives me another idea! Do you have any expendable prisoners or detainees I could experiment with? If my device works, it will be rather useful in riot control, I'm sure."

Explain! If a room is given (plus rope or prisoners, preferably), be glad.
"We would prefer you not doing such things. As low as the brown caste is, most still find human experimentation unsavory."

(( Ooo, I like goodies. :P ))

"Do I smell fire? Oh well, hopefully that won't end poorly."

Remove the bottom panel! Use appropriate tools if necessary. A hammer is not an appropriate tool.
It appears that, hidden in the bottom of the scout eye, are about a dozen little robotic legs. Seems like it has the ability to crawl around but for some reason it's not open or activated normally.

((I'm impressed you managed to ignite the uniform without igniting the servant.))
((Me too, but more for the self-control that must have required for him.))

"That thing that just burst into flames! What is it?"
Slightly panicky childish question of -1 Intuition!
[intuition:3-1]
It is terrible and horrifying, whatever it is.

Sit back, relax, ignore other team members and watch the fire.
Sopretty
Get out of building if it starts spreading.

You hum a noir tune to yourself as the floor slowly catches fire.

From here.

"Thanks! But I'm still curious. 'Our' caste? Does the servant and the guard caste have similarities? How would you dress in the presence of those greater than our caste, and for those lower than yours?"

Ask!

"Also, are there any distinguishing marks about the castes other than the color clothing, Shai?-"

Sit still in my corner, knees pulled up against my chest, arms holding my knees, and stare at the burning uniform for several seconds. then shake my head several times, stand up, and walk over behind  Feyri. Tug on her elbow once.

Feyri turned to see Lyra when tugged on the elbow.

"Oh hi Lyra, anything you need?"

"Perhaps burning a potentially idiosyncratic uniform was a bit of an overkill..."
"Okay, I've set up my rifle. You should all now be able to access the scope's view feed now and if required, fire the weapon remotely via your wrist-pads. If I should attach the turret module, you should be able to aim it as well."
{"Set up your rifle? Charles, you are unauthorized to fire anything from any gun you possess while in this area. Respect the people, please?

"...I didn't know that you could set up your rifle for remote control."
}
"No, your caste. The HMRC Caste. I am unsure of its color.:

"Color is the greatest signifier"

Just walk around our assigned building. Try to see how can we use the environment in our favor in case of problems, like in case of an invasion.
The buildings themselves are made mostly of wood and surrounded by greenery, so fire would be a danger. Other then that, though, they appear quite sturdy, and the buildings in the higher levels are constructed mostly of stone, so they'll be a good fall back point if fire ever does come into play. There's plenty of high ground for snipers to take shots on invaders, and the area is tightly packed enough that your melee capacities won't be negated by firearms and distance fighting.

Beyond that, the outer wall appears quite formidable and you're guessing they have the supplies stored for a long siege. All in all, not the best, but still pretty good.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"AAAH!"

Grab Ms. Feyri and Kitten, and then try to drag them out of the burning room. In addition, yell:
"Okay. FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"
in an attempt to inform people that there is a fire.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:06:24 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Oh well. I suppose I'll go about my business, not bothering you about matters of human experimentation and such. It probably would not have worked anyway. You've been very kind, good sir!"

Dance back to the clubhouse with chemical sprayer. Once there, fill it up with Xeno Spit if possible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Is Lyra an elf?))

((to quote Lyra:
...))
((She's not an elf.))

"Hey! I'm not that short!"
((how tall are you?))
((Not that tall. About average for a kid his height.))
(( -.- what height is that?))
"Oh-aw. That's just.."

Feyri made a  :-\ and began to take off (her own) uniform, giving it to Lyra.

"Take mine. Shai, do you know where we can get other uniforms by the way?"
look at the offered uniform for three seconds, then slowly take it and set it on my shoulders, then look down at the rather large amount of fabric trailing down on the floor. ((Lyra is pretty tiny compared to Feyri))
shake my head horzontally twice, then hand the uniform back to Feyri.
"Nah, you keep it. We'll find a use for that later!"

"Perhaps burning a potentially idiosyncratic uniform was a bit of an overkill..."
"Okay, I've set up my rifle. You should all now be able to access the scope's view feed now and if required, fire the weapon remotely via your wrist-pads. If I should attach the turret module, you should be able to aim it as well."
{"Set up your rifle? Charles, you are unauthorized to fire anything from any gun you possess while in this area. Respect the people, please?

"...I didn't know that you could set up your rifle for remote control."
}
"Don't worry, I'm not going to fire it at all if possible. I've just set it up now because if we actually end up in a situation where we'll need it, I doubt we'll have enough time to set it up then. Currently, I'll just use the scope to share footage of anything significant.
It never was my rifle anyway, someone left it in the armory with two full magazines and a note giving permission for anyone to take it. I didn't know that it could do that either until I examined it before we went into cryo, whoever made this was probably some sort of barbaric sadist but regardless, they included quite a few features that I can use."

((It isn't in radio color :p))

"Did you check for any identifying insignia? Usually, guns have their mark of who made it, so if its customized then there would at least be a mark."

Feyri turned back to Shai and looked at the color of her pants.

"You don't mind then, if I get something to cover your upper body?" While Shai did look graceful given the way Feyri supposed the higher authorities would look at servants as, she was shocked to see what others had assumed.

Because of the HMRC caste not supporting upper garments.

"So before I ask what time it is, why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

Ask.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:17:03 pm by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Nonchalantly head put of the building.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((This is turning into the serial killer mission. A fire starting in a flammable residential area and nobody doing something to put it out. Let's hope the servants put it out or at least are not bound by some crazy caste rule to stand around and get burned or suffocate...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((At least one should survive. Assuming an 11-year-old can drag two adult women out of a burning room.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((At least one should survive. Assuming an 11-year-old can drag two adult women out of a burning room.))
((Lyra is with me, and I'm with the servant with me. Us three are outside of the burning room you're all in and in one of the adjacent corridors.

No servant going by the name of Kitten is near me. But you are. Nobody's screaming fire though.

Hey security. Fix that.))

Nonchalantly head put of the building.
((Thanks for using your head.

Too put off the fire, perhaps.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Lyra is with me, and I'm with the servant with me. Us three are outside of the burning room you're all in and in one of the adjacent corridors.

No servant going by the name of Kitten is near me. But you are. Nobody's screaming fire though.

Hey security. Fix that.))
((That halves who Grate needs to haul out...but if Kitten resists, they're both doomed.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 243