Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435682 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1396 on: July 23, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »

Start looking through the phrasebook if no one's talking to me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 23, 2013, 03:15:05 pm »

Charles looks through the phrasebook.
Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
Would you happen to know where I can get a few extra uniforms? I was thinking that me might be able to, by offering rations, recruit a few people. Or if that doesn't work, prop up several uniforms in semi-concealed positions for misdirection and to create the illusion of us having greater numbers.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:29:07 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 23, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »

Look around for something interesting, like self-immolation or a spontaneous orgy.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

Set down the scout eye on one of the ledges facing the town, make sure it's view is linked to my suit screens and check to make sure it has a good view of the stairs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 23, 2013, 04:45:04 pm »

Go check out the shouting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 23, 2013, 11:29:30 pm »

Quote from: to AM
I would like both, thanks.

Send message, keep the watch
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 24, 2013, 12:26:08 am »

"Blast... now... what was that woman's name again... I know I remember someone... Katherine... Quatherine... Caethareeene?"

Continue to search for my contact.
[will:6]
"Oh my god, I'm completely insane. There's no contact here. I'm not even a Bureaucrat...My name is William...I'm a dentist...I killed my wife...everything is a lie. Everything is a lie."

You blink and then smile.

"Oh, I know, I should find that messenger guy."

(( See, this is what I was talking about with it backfiring on you.

In my head, that is now officially part of your backstory :P

Also, hello person who is made of awesome *waves* ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1403 on: July 24, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »

I keep reference data for exactly this sort of thing.

((Ooh, educational!))

"You need not fear me, good sir. I'm not one of the violent types, not at all. I only use violence when other methods have utterly failed, so your safety is not compromised in any way whatsoever. At least, if things continue as they are. I was hoping to ask you a few things in a strictly unofficial capacity. Is this agreeable?"

Question the shopkeeper... unofficially and kindly.
[Speech:4]
The man looks a round a few times and then swallows.

"Ok. What do you want?"

Start looking through the phrasebook if no one's talking to me.
Charles looks through the phrasebook.
Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
Would you happen to know where I can get a few extra uniforms? I was thinking that me might be able to, by offering rations, recruit a few people. Or if that doesn't work, prop up several uniforms in semi-concealed positions for misdirection and to create the illusion of us having greater numbers.

Look around for something interesting, like self-immolation or a spontaneous orgy.
That group of people in the field all gathered around someone who is screaming might be something interesting. Maybe someone is performing Emasculation themselves.

Set down the scout eye on one of the ledges facing the town, make sure it's view is linked to my suit screens and check to make sure it has a good view of the stairs
You set up the scout eye to where it has a good view of  the stairs and the township below. You don't have to link it to your suit, the feed is already going through the wrist mounted controls it came with. Everything seems to be working.

Go check out the shouting.
You walk over to the crowd and push your way through until you reach the center. There's a man there, shouting about something, though you can't tell what. As soon as he sees you he points directly at you and starts screaming at you. He looks very angry.

Quote from: to AM
I would like both, thanks.

Send message, keep the watch

A moment after you send the message you get a data packet with two files. One is the HMRC pantheon. The other is a book entitled "The Help, Memoirs of a contract wetworker"

"Blast... now... what was that woman's name again... I know I remember someone... Katherine... Quatherine... Caethareeene?"

Continue to search for my contact.
[will:6]
"Oh my god, I'm completely insane. There's no contact here. I'm not even a Bureaucrat...My name is William...I'm a dentist...I killed my wife...everything is a lie. Everything is a lie."

You blink and then smile.

"Oh, I know, I should find that messenger guy."

(( See, this is what I was talking about with it backfiring on you.

In my head, that is now officially part of your backstory :P

Also, hello person who is made of awesome *waves* ))
Stasis Dementia is a hell of a thing.

Hmm the book is divided into sections, from common greetings, to dining, to law enforcement and so on. Anything you specifically want to look up how to say?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 24, 2013, 02:40:36 pm »

Hmm.

Push way out of crowd and find May.

That shouting person just expressed an extreme desire to have violent sexual intercourse with his oppressors. I believe you are interested in that activity?

Continue observing the shouting from a distance.
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »

Run into the crowd gathered around the shouting man, pull out the Mega-phone and turn on my External Speakers. Overpower him with fierceness and technology!

"PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MOTHER IN A STRAIT-JACKET WHITE BOY! COME HERE AND SAY IT TO MY FACE YOU PUNK-ASS WHITE BOY! YOU FAGGOT, YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME! YOU AIN'T MAN ENOUGH! I'LL EAT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS OUT IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY! FUCK YOU, YOU BITCH! YOU'RE A SCARED COWARD, YOU AIN'T MAN ENOUGH TO FUCK WITH ME! YOU CAN'T LAST TWO MINUTES IN MY WORLD BITCH! LOOK NOW, YOU SCARED NOW YOU HOE! SCARED LIKE A WHITE PUSSY! SCARED OF THE REAL MAN! I'LL FUCK YOU TIL' YOU LOVE ME FAGGOT!

((Piecewise, will this be enough to trigger May's Inhuman Visage ability?))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:02:36 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:12 pm »

Exactly as expected. Perfect.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 24, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »

"I was wondering, what is the mood of the city like? The general feelings of the populace and such? I'm sure you hear things from your position in society."

"Also, I was hoping to find out what you know of the Radiant One's policies and their effects on the general populace. A bit of background information - how have the last few months been and how have the authorities handled it? Speak your mind, and speak truthfully. No embellishments, just the truth as you see it. You need not fear retribution from me."

"In addition, what do you know of the HMRC? What do most people think of their presence?"

"How are the crime levels in the city? Are there gangs and such?"

"Finally, and this is the most specific question, do they teach Pharsec in schools? Do you know of any textbooks that would allow me to learn elementary Pharsec?"

Interview fair shopkeeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 24, 2013, 03:58:07 pm »

Start with Law Enforcement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 24, 2013, 08:26:59 pm »

((May I just point out that

A: Inhuman Visage was triggered by seeing your alien, monochrome face. You have a mask.
B: Inhuman Visage was given when you were androgynous. Now you have giant boobs and you are clearly female. So if something, you should have the opposite of Inhuman Visage, +1 to have sex with, -1 to be taken seriously.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 243