Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436895 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1425 on: July 25, 2013, 01:59:28 pm »

((Anime much? :P

This is borderline idiotic in it's hilariousness.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 25, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

take two steps back and shake my head from side to side four times.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 25, 2013, 02:02:43 pm »

"Oh, good. I'm not even sure how old you are. Um...sure."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:49 pm »

follow Grate

EDIT: combined into post below
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:21:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 25, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

Head out into town.

"So, what do you want to do?"

((Other action posts:))
"Sounds like a good idea!"

Wait for Lyra as she does that.
((Alright.))

Head to, say, the middle of town. Look for interesting things.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:39:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 25, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »

((This will end well with that riot starting.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 25, 2013, 02:10:54 pm »

Follow Grate

"Learn."

as we pass the gate to the town, stop and Hand whichever HMRC member is at the gate Feyri's uniform. take the time to re-fold it first, to remove the wrinkles from carrying it around with me for all this time.

EDIT2:
As we move, look around to see how much the two of us stand out, and why. what people's reactions to us are, and if anyone else our size is moving about, and what they're doing. look down if anyone tries to make eye contact with me of course.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:28:44 pm by Lenglon »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 25, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea!"

Wait for Lyra as she does that.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 25, 2013, 02:20:17 pm »

((This will end well with that riot starting.))
((meta-knowlege, it doesn't change Lyra's plan. additionally, May will probably handle it without issue))
((combining bold actions into a single post above.))
((GWG, Lyra is following Grate. if you want to specify where we go in town so PW doesn't simply stick us at the gate...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:03 pm »

((Alright.))

Head to, say, the middle of town. Look for interesting things.
Sig

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:24 pm »

((GreatWyrm, you may want to put all your actions in one post and cross out the other ones. Just saying.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:43 pm »

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
I suppose, though come to think of it, it seems rather odd that they'd only send a few of us to protect a seemingly important figure.
Charles looks for the messenger.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1437 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:44 pm »

Hmm.

Push way out of crowd and find May.

That shouting person just expressed an extreme desire to have violent sexual intercourse with his oppressors. I believe you are interested in that activity?

Continue observing the shouting from a distance.

You continue to commit, or at least encourage, war crimes.

Run into the crowd gathered around the shouting man, pull out the Mega-phone and turn on my External Speakers. Overpower him with fierceness and technology!

"PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MOTHER IN A STRAIT-JACKET WHITE BOY! COME HERE AND SAY IT TO MY FACE YOU PUNK-ASS WHITE BOY! YOU FAGGOT, YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME! YOU AIN'T MAN ENOUGH! I'LL EAT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS OUT IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY! FUCK YOU, YOU BITCH! YOU'RE A SCARED COWARD, YOU AIN'T MAN ENOUGH TO FUCK WITH ME! YOU CAN'T LAST TWO MINUTES IN MY WORLD BITCH! LOOK NOW, YOU SCARED NOW YOU HOE! SCARED LIKE A WHITE PUSSY! SCARED OF THE REAL MAN! I'LL FUCK YOU TIL' YOU LOVE ME FAGGOT!

((Piecewise, will this be enough to trigger May's Inhuman Visage ability?))
[Speech:3+1]
The man seems rather intimidated, but hasn't backed down entirely. Instead he seems to be trying to bolster himself by turning to the crowd and getting them to rally behind him. A few of them are, and it looks like more might join.

"I was wondering, what is the mood of the city like? The general feelings of the populace and such? I'm sure you hear things from your position in society."

"Also, I was hoping to find out what you know of the Radiant One's policies and their effects on the general populace. A bit of background information - how have the last few months been and how have the authorities handled it? Speak your mind, and speak truthfully. No embellishments, just the truth as you see it. You need not fear retribution from me."

"In addition, what do you know of the HMRC? What do most people think of their presence?"

"How are the crime levels in the city? Are there gangs and such?"

"Finally, and this is the most specific question, do they teach Pharsec in schools? Do you know of any textbooks that would allow me to learn elementary Pharsec?"

Interview fair shopkeeper.

The shop keeper seems a little taken a back by the fact that you just hit him with five different questions, some of which he is clearly not itching to talk about with a member of law enforcement. It doesn't help that he probably only half speaks your language. You're pretty sure he understands "HMRC" though. His eyes go wide at that.

"We have criminals, and sometimes we go hungry. But everything is as it should be. We are safe and alive by the Radiant one's grace."

He then promptly closes the shop's door in your face.

"Maaaay have come on a big strong."

Start with Law Enforcement.
You memorize the sections about dropping your weapon, putting your hands up, and accepting summary execution.

Start reading the book about assassination.

The book about assassination appears to be a memoir of sorts by a former contract killer, a loosely strung together series of memories about different jobs he's undertaken. The first documents a hit against a man's wife. The man, a prominent businessman with deep pockets and an even deeper hatred for his wife, paid the author to kill his wife before she could divorce him. The hit, the author says, was easy. Just a matter of carefully following the target until she was alone and then shooting her twice in the chest. He says he does it in an alley way, and steals the money and cards from her purse afterwords. He melts the gun, money and cards down and throws the lump of slag in a metal scrap yard.

The police rule it as a mugging gone wrong and the man makes a tearful speech at his wife's funeral, with his new mistress at his side.

Return to the grass hill, stand there conspicuously and resume watching the flow of people. Take particular note of the more colorful individuals using the gate.

There don't seem to be any colorful individuals coming or going. Not in terms of personality or dress. Everyone who is coming through-which isn't a lot as the day moves on- is either a brown or a black/silver like you. Most seem to have some business here, since they're carrying things, others seem to just be wandering.

Lyra X Grate stuff

Ok, before you guys do that, I'm just gonna ask: No one has any objections to the mute hobbit and the hyperactive child wandering off into a strange and potentially dangerous town on their own, for reasons unknown but that might involve a Pay by the hour hotel? Sundown is coming in about two hours or so by the way. So they'll probably be doing that at night too.

Anyone? Just asking.

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
I suppose, though come to think of it, it seems rather odd that they'd only send a few of us to protect a seemingly important figure.
Charles looks for the messenger.
You don't see him around in the immediate area...but you know that faith was talking to him a lot earlier; maybe she knows where he went.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 25, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

((I hope Grate never has to use those phrases.

Lyra has specifically denied that it is a "date," to Grate's relief. I don't think there's much to worry about in...that department.))

EDIT: ((You know, I think I might have misread that.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:03:45 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 25, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »

May sends a wristpad message to Xan.

Quote from: May to Xan
Help me out! Do something intimidating.

"YOU WANT THIS?! YOU WANT THIS?!"

Run up to the nearest wall/market stall/well/hut/statue/some sort of miscellaneous object of some importance either constructed out of wood or stone, and punch it with the Kinetic Amp to demonstrate that we can fuck up your structures.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 243