Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437106 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1410 on: July 24, 2013, 09:08:42 pm »

((May I just point out that

A: Inhuman Visage was triggered by seeing your alien, monochrome face. You have a mask.
B: Inhuman Visage was given when you were androgynous. Now you have giant boobs and you are clearly female. So if something, you should have the opposite of Inhuman Visage, +1 to have sex with, -1 to be taken seriously.))

*rimshot*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 24, 2013, 10:44:34 pm »

since Faith and Feyri both seem lost in thought, walk over to stand behind Grate, close my eyes, and take several slow, quiet, but deep breaths. eventually open them again, swallow, and reach out with my right hand to tug gently on the back of his right elbow once. afterwards take a step backwards and look down and to my right.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 24, 2013, 11:06:14 pm »

((May I just point out that

A: Inhuman Visage was triggered by seeing your alien, monochrome face. You have a mask.
B: Inhuman Visage was given when you were androgynous. Now you have giant boobs and you are clearly female. So if something, you should have the opposite of Inhuman Visage, +1 to have sex with, -1 to be taken seriously.))

((What about the fact that Inhumane Visage hasn't been updated or even ever used since May's transformation? Neither thing you listed was part of the effect when it first came about, it had more to do with her voice than her image.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 24, 2013, 11:29:13 pm »

Start reading the book about assassination.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 25, 2013, 12:30:44 am »

Return to the grass hill, stand there conspicuously and resume watching the flow of people. Take particular note of the more colorful individuals using the gate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 25, 2013, 12:33:03 am »

((What about the fact that Inhumane Visage hasn't been updated or even ever used since May's transformation? Neither thing you listed was part of the effect when it first came about, it had more to do with her voice than her image.))
((I still think "Give all your jellybeans to the Penguin Queen" was one of the most horrifying images of this game.))

"I'm really good at making stuff and have this repair kit!" He holds up the repair kit to show Faith.
"I see. I suspect there won't be much building to be done, but that will be handy to keep in mind."

Quote from: Lyra to Faith
Microwave Amp
I am familiar, but no expert. I would prefer to avoid using it if possible.
after sending the message, look back up at Faith, my head tilted to my right.
Noticing that Lyra had since wandered off, Faith returned to her wristpad.

Quote from: Faith to Lyra
That would be wise. If you have to, consider large but low-intensity fields of heat. That may be enough to discourage or disable without causing too many problems.

Quote from: To Faith
I've got a handle on it not exploding immediately right now. I figured out how to get those little legs on the bottom going, hence why it's trying to get stepped on instead of trying to ram the walls. About to set it up as a stationary camera over the wall for now.

And I'm familiar enough with it to know I probably don't want to do anything more than fiddle with it's cover menacingly unless I am uninterested in the continued survival of anything nearby me.
Quote from: From Faith
Understood. Wise decision, and that may be useful.

Quote from: Message to Faith
Reasonably proficient with amp. Don't malfunction catastrophically. No medical training; meds mostly to stop pain if injured long enough to incinerate assailant.
Quote from: Message to Xan
Understood. Try to avoid casualties if possible, however. We want to avoid escalating the situation.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle, to: Executive Equipment & Expertise Evaluator Faith Smithee
Dear Executive Equipment & Expertise Evaluator,

Thank you for replying to my message with such alacrity and diligence, it is much appreciated. Anyway, my idea for the 1/8th kiloton charge was to use it if we are surrounded by riotous barbarians at the end of our tenure here and a peaceful solution seems unlikely - in that case, we may detonate the charge in a large crowd to both break the morale and thin the numbers of the rioters, not to mention irradiate a wide area and make it unsuitable for further riotous behavior. This would, naturally, be an "enemy at the gates" situation. I am still considering the best way to apply it in such a case - a ground-level detonation would be easier to achieve, yet waste a lot of energy and create fallout, while an airburst would be more difficult, but better for sustainable development of the area in the future. An airburst also solves the problem of somebody stealing or sabotaging the charge beforehand, so it seems to be the more attractive option.

Naturally, this would be a gruesome act of terror and mass murder, but I presume we may reach a point where such means may be justified, no? For now, murder would certainly cause more trouble than it would solve, albeit if carried out under reasonable secrecy, might be helpful against any rebellious elements in the city. And I will try to prevent it until a point where it becomes useful, as decided by you, dear Executive Equipment & Expertise Evaluator, or a similarly authorized person on the chain of command (do we have one, actually?).

Sincerely yours,
Stacy Buttle.
Quote from: Message from Faith
I do not believe we have the hardware to capitalize on such a maneuver. I suspect the situations where such an action would become necessary wouldn't intersect with the situations where it would be useful.

As usual, we have no official chain of command.

Quote from: To Faith
Don't worry, there won't be any casualties if they don't ask for it.
Faith winced.

Quote from: To Renen
I'm concerned about "if they ask for it" as well. I would rather avoid escalating the situation if possible.

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
Would you happen to know where I can get a few extra uniforms? I was thinking that me might be able to, by offering rations, recruit a few people. Or if that doesn't work, prop up several uniforms in semi-concealed positions for misdirection and to create the illusion of us having greater numbers.
Quote from: Faith to Charles
The Messenger likely has access to more of them.

However, I suspect that if padding our numbers was useful, they would have requested more of us or padded them already.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 25, 2013, 08:51:48 am »

((I still think "Give all your jellybeans to the Penguin Queen" was one of the most horrifying images of this game.))
((...What?))

since Faith and Feyri both seem lost in thought, walk over to stand behind Grate, close my eyes, and take several slow, quiet, but deep breaths. eventually open them again, swallow, and reach out with my right hand to tug gently on the back of his right elbow once. afterwards take a step backwards and look down and to my right.
"Huh? Oh, hi, Miss Lyra!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

"Huh? Oh, hi, Miss Lyra!"
swallow again, then glance up at Grate.
"Town?"
look back down afterwards, and shift my right foot such that the toes of my shoes are touching the ground, and the heel is pointed straight up, the foot as a whole slightly behind me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 25, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »

"Is this charades? Aren't you not supposed to--Oh! Do you want to go to town?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 25, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

sway in place slightly before making a small nod, continue looking down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:08 pm »

"With me?"
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 25, 2013, 01:28:23 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 25, 2013, 01:54:22 pm »

"Is that a yes?"
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

close my eyes, make a slight sigh, open them again, then a small nod.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 25, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

"Oh, okay...you mean like a date?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 243