Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435721 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Keeping SVU in Business
« Reply #1440 on: July 25, 2013, 05:43:02 pm »

((Any chance to get players positions on a map? Every turn? I don't care what the In-Universe justification would be, if any, but I'd like to know where our villains are on the map.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »

((Maybe the Suits have trackers in them?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 25, 2013, 06:16:10 pm »

((What about the fact that Inhumane Visage hasn't been updated or even ever used since May's transformation? Neither thing you listed was part of the effect when it first came about, it had more to do with her voice than her image.))
((I still think "Give all your jellybeans to the Penguin Queen" was one of the most horrifying images of this game.))
((...What?))
Lay across Thomas's lap.

"The Penguin Queen demands you hand over all of the jellybeans."
((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.))
((Seconded. o_O))

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
I suppose, though come to think of it, it seems rather odd that they'd only send a few of us to protect a seemingly important figure.
Quote from: Faith to Charles
We're not the only ones; The Messenger said there were other scattered UWM units around.

That said, there may not have been time to move a larger force, or perhaps they felt we'd be sufficient.

Ok, before you guys do that, I'm just gonna ask: No one has any objections to the mute hobbit and the hyperactive child wandering off into a strange and potentially dangerous town on their own, for reasons unknown but that might involve a Pay by the hour hotel? Sundown is coming in about two hours or so by the way. So they'll probably be doing that at night too.

Anyone? Just asking.
((Uh oh. Uh.

I'm not sure if Faith would notice that from the common room, though.))

If I notice two vulnerable children trying to leave the main gate at sunset, caution them that that might be dangerous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 25, 2013, 06:48:43 pm »

((I have objections to that but am only reading the latest and recent pages due to work! D:<

So..sorry everyone.

Also, May is 50% creepier now. Just remembered :/ And I'm really missing Skyrunner--despite that quote coming from deep within the thread.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 25, 2013, 06:50:15 pm »

((What did you do wrong? Not monitoring Grate and Lyra?

And what is it that makes May 50% creepier all of a sudden?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:02 pm »

Quote from: Xan->May
This should work.

Set the leader's robe on fire with my amp. Remain unobtrusive so they don't know it was me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 26, 2013, 02:40:10 am »

If I notice two vulnerable children trying to leave the main gate at sunset, caution them that that might be dangerous.
walk over to Faith and grasp her left hand with both of mine, then start walking again. tug up to three times before turning around, tilting my head to my left, and looking up at Faith.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 26, 2013, 03:22:54 am »

((Hm. Lesson learned, then.))

Stacy considers the man's standoffish behavior. So improper. Well then.

Look for another shopkeeper, preferably a bookseller of some kind. Approach them.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if I could have a few minutes of your time. I'm looking for more information on the Pharsec dialect. Do you know of any textbooks and such on the subject?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:11 am »

Be suspicious about the ones that seem to be wandering, try and track a few of them to see where they go / what they do

Remind any HMRC people wandering by that we already have a patrol out and that unless they're here to relieve us gate guard, they should head back to the barracks and sort that out stuff for tomorrow (( :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1449 on: July 26, 2013, 12:31:13 pm »

May sends a wristpad message to Xan.

Quote from: May to Xan
Help me out! Do something intimidating.

"YOU WANT THIS?! YOU WANT THIS?!"

Run up to the nearest wall/market stall/well/hut/statue/some sort of miscellaneous object of some importance either constructed out of wood or stone, and punch it with the Kinetic Amp to demonstrate that we can fuck up your structures.

[uncon:2+1+1]
You run over to the nearest fruit stand and, with a spinning uppercut, transform it into a smoothie stand. This produces a particular effect on the crowd. Anthropologists have many names for this particular phenomena but it is most commonly referred to as "Scared shitless."

They scatter like roaches under a florescent bulb.

((Any chance to get players positions on a map? Every turn? I don't care what the In-Universe justification would be, if any, but I'd like to know where our villains are on the map.))
updated dateuped

((What about the fact that Inhumane Visage hasn't been updated or even ever used since May's transformation? Neither thing you listed was part of the effect when it first came about, it had more to do with her voice than her image.))
((I still think "Give all your jellybeans to the Penguin Queen" was one of the most horrifying images of this game.))
((...What?))
Lay across Thomas's lap.

"The Penguin Queen demands you hand over all of the jellybeans."
((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.))
((Seconded. o_O))

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Faith Valentine
I suppose, though come to think of it, it seems rather odd that they'd only send a few of us to protect a seemingly important figure.
Quote from: Faith to Charles
We're not the only ones; The Messenger said there were other scattered UWM units around.

That said, there may not have been time to move a larger force, or perhaps they felt we'd be sufficient.

Ok, before you guys do that, I'm just gonna ask: No one has any objections to the mute hobbit and the hyperactive child wandering off into a strange and potentially dangerous town on their own, for reasons unknown but that might involve a Pay by the hour hotel? Sundown is coming in about two hours or so by the way. So they'll probably be doing that at night too.

Anyone? Just asking.
((Uh oh. Uh.

I'm not sure if Faith would notice that from the common room, though.))

[Speech:1]
You run over to Grate and Lyra as they head for the door and start screaming stock parental advice at them like an after school special played on fast forward and funneled through a bullhorn.

"Make sure to look both ways before you cross the street and don't talk to strangers and here, take your rape whistle and don't follow strange men or show of those delicious delicious thighs of yours because we all know what a sexy little boy you are and I really need to stop talking but I can't it just keeps coming out and I'm conflating lust and fear and thats not gonna end well I'm probably gonna end up getting aroused from horror movies and May's face."

You spend a few seconds gasping.

"So,  You know. Stay safe."

You hand them a condom, mime for them to put it on their head like a helmet, and then go stand in a corner quietly muttering to yourself

Quote from: Xan->May
This should work.

Set the leader's robe on fire with my amp. Remain unobtrusive so they don't know it was me.
The leader, along with everyone else, appears to have scattered to the four winds after Faith's display of power.
[will:2+1]

Hmmm...You could always light something else on fire, though.

((Hm. Lesson learned, then.))

Stacy considers the man's standoffish behavior. So improper. Well then.

Look for another shopkeeper, preferably a bookseller of some kind. Approach them.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if I could have a few minutes of your time. I'm looking for more information on the Pharsec dialect. Do you know of any textbooks and such on the subject?"
You're looking around when you see the remains of a fruit stand rocket a good 50 feet into the air. Hmm...wonder if you should do something about that. Because either there's an exciting 80's action movie car chase going on, or one of your two compatriots has decided to just start breaking things.

Then again...there might be a barnes and noble around here...

Be suspicious about the ones that seem to be wandering, try and track a few of them to see where they go / what they do

Remind any HMRC people wandering by that we already have a patrol out and that unless they're here to relieve us gate guard, they should head back to the barracks and sort that out stuff for tomorrow (( :P ))

A young boy and a girl, who is quite small but whose age you can't determine, walk past you toward the gate. The boy is wearing a condom over his helmet like a ski mask.

"Oooooook. I'm gonna stand up and follow one of those villagers because apparently all this sitting has created a bloodclot in my butt that traveled to my brain and has given me a stroke."

You stand up and follow a random villager around. He seems to be rather aimless, just wandering around, looking idly at things. You get the feeling he might be waiting for something. Maybe he has an appointment?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1450 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:57 pm »

Hmm. Reasonable of them.

Resume patrol for criminality.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 26, 2013, 12:53:21 pm »

remove the condom from Grate's head, discard it.
Follow Grate

"Learn."

as we pass the gate to the town, stop and Hand whichever HMRC member is at the gate Feyri's uniform. take the time to re-fold it first, to remove the wrinkles from carrying it around with me for all this time.

EDIT2:
As we move, look around to see how much the two of us stand out, and why. what people's reactions to us are, and if anyone else our size is moving about, and what they're doing. look down if anyone tries to make eye contact with me of course.
All three actions remain unchanged.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 26, 2013, 01:13:14 pm »

((Did you mean May's display of power? Faith is the Ironic Owl.))

Message Miss Feyri:
Quote from: Grate to Feyri
Dear Miss Feyri,
I think Miss Faith has gone insane.
Sincerely,
Grate.
Remove condom from head with Lyra's help, discard it. Head into town, looking around to see what it's like.
Sig

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 26, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »

(( Yeah, I meant 'watch where they go from my post', but whatever :P ))

Back to my post, resume observation program

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 26, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

"Well now. That's unusual."

Stacy pirouettes over to the fruit stand, settling near May.

"Did I miss something important, miss? Is anybody dead?"

Follow May for now!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 243