Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435674 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1515 on: July 31, 2013, 11:47:03 am »

Illegal: Weapons, narcotics, weird foreign shit I don't understand.

Coup-ish: Propaganda looking stuff, anti-establishment conversation, other shit I don't understand.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 31, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »

Head over to the store, approach shopkeeper

"Hello, good sir. I was wondering if you had any materials for learning Pharsec for speakers of the common language."

Ask.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 31, 2013, 01:08:08 pm »

"Miss Feyri Miss Feyri something's weird about Lyra and I think she wants to kill me after I took off her clothes to see what it was I think she might have been infected with the stuff from these creatures they gave us I think it's bad and stuff help!"

Rapid-speed and easily misinterpreted speech to someone whose player doesn't seem to be here!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 31, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »

Huh... Radiation projectors...good

Quote from: Renen To Doc
Hey, is there any diference in the use of gun and a Radiation projector? Besides the type of projectile, I mean.

Send a message to Doc. Keep reading and guarding.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 31, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »

((that... that actually worked out just fine. phew.))
((and he has every right to think Lyra was going to hit him... after all, she was))
Return to the barracks and nap on my pillow in the corner.
You return to the barracks and curl up on your pillow. Who goes to bed at sunset, honestly.

(( Someone who knows sunrise is only 3 hours away? :P ))

Gate guard to barracks, could someone look around and ask if we can get some floodlights for the main gate? Probably won't be useful tonight, it will be dawn by the time you get them out here, but they'd be nice to have tomorrow.

Remain at post! Observe how the patterns have changed now that night has arrived in force. If the pattern is 'mostly the same, but townward-bound and without deliveries', observe anyone still approaching the gate from town.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 31, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »

Hey, is there any diference in the use of gun and a Radiation projector? Besides the type of projectile, I mean.

((Wring thread, I think.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »

ZZZZzzzz
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 31, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

No, he's in the right thread. The Sword is in orbit, he's been chatting with the Doctor via radio while on guard duty.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 31, 2013, 06:41:21 pm »

No, he's in the right thread. The Sword is in orbit, he's been chatting with the Doctor via radio while on guard duty.
((I believe it was sarcasm.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

((You can do that?
Oh mah gawd
We have radios that can talk to people over long distances?
No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 01, 2013, 12:29:22 am »

((Obviously not radios, unless the Sword is in orbit over that planet.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1526 on: August 01, 2013, 08:32:49 am »

((Actually, I think the Sword IS near the planet, if not orbiting around it. They're gonna pick you up first before coming back for us.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:40:38 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 01, 2013, 08:37:48 am »

((Actually, I think the Sword IS near the planetoid, if not orbiting around it.))
((And yet Steve is perfectly accessible, which suggests that it is.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1528 on: August 01, 2013, 06:03:50 pm »

Head up to and examine the posters and the buildings they're put on, the closest one first. Anything similar about them?
The buildings vary in such a way that you can't find anything really similar about them. The posters, however, are all the same. They have no images on them, they're all text in the native language.

Illegal: Weapons, narcotics, weird foreign shit I don't understand.

Coup-ish: Propaganda looking stuff, anti-establishment conversation, other shit I don't understand.

Hmmm...No weapons, unless that lady's nails count. No narcotics, unless all that booze counts, and if theres anywhere thats familiar to you, it's a brothel.

You don't see anything that looks particularly propagandic around, no posters of governmental caricatures or giant fists raised in the air. There are a few posters around, but nothing in a language you understand. As per conspiratorial talk, no one has said a word since you entered.

Head over to the store, approach shopkeeper

"Hello, good sir. I was wondering if you had any materials for learning Pharsec for speakers of the common language."

Ask.

He blinks at you. You look books he's got. They're all in Pharsec. Hmm. Maybe you should break out the phrase book.

"Miss Feyri Miss Feyri something's weird about Lyra and I think she wants to kill me after I took off her clothes to see what it was I think she might have been infected with the stuff from these creatures they gave us I think it's bad and stuff help!"

Rapid-speed and easily misinterpreted speech to someone whose player doesn't seem to be here!
You talk to Feyri. She just sweats and looks confused.

Radiation projectors? They project beams of radiation that are powerful enough to instantly kill organic matter. They kill a swath of cells a few inches wide, instantly sterilizing them. They're fired much like a gun, but you need to hit someplace vital like the heart or brain to kill instantly. Otherwise they won't effect the target very well for quite a while.

The next chapter is mostly about misconceptions people have about contract killers. It's not very helpful to you. Mostly just the author complaining about how people have unrealistic expectations of him.

((that... that actually worked out just fine. phew.))
((and he has every right to think Lyra was going to hit him... after all, she was))
Return to the barracks and nap on my pillow in the corner.
You return to the barracks and curl up on your pillow. Who goes to bed at sunset, honestly.

(( Someone who knows sunrise is only 3 hours away? :P ))

Gate guard to barracks, could someone look around and ask if we can get some floodlights for the main gate? Probably won't be useful tonight, it will be dawn by the time you get them out here, but they'd be nice to have tomorrow.

Remain at post! Observe how the patterns have changed now that night has arrived in force. If the pattern is 'mostly the same, but townward-bound and without deliveries', observe anyone still approaching the gate from town.
Most foot traffic has vanished, only the occasional man or woman wandering in or out. Things are fairly quiet, to be honest.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 01, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »

Look for something that looks like a romance novel of some kind, plus a children's book and something nonfiction if I can find anything like that. Take all three books and utilize the phrasebook to say something to the effect of "May I take these?" or "How much do these cost for someone of a higher caste?"
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 243