Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435676 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1575 on: August 07, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

((On the off chance that anyone is waiting on Grate's reaction, his reaction is waiting on some stimulus greater than Lyra subtly staring at Feyri's feet.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 07, 2013, 07:03:20 am »

Use the phrase book and repeat my warning in their language. Read the correct phrases carefully do I don't mess up.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 07, 2013, 10:07:13 am »

((Wait, I managed to lick his eyeball through the faceplate?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1578 on: August 07, 2013, 10:23:13 am »

"Well now, that went rather wonderfully!"

Stacy turns on his radio and tries to reach Xan.

"Magic Man, this is Dancing Twerp. Come in, Magic Man! Relay your location in semi-helpful terms so that we may finish up this patrol thing, like, today and stuff, over!"

Try to locate Xan with available tools, radio first and foremost. If that fails, just continue on the patrol route.
You follow Xan's instructions and run to his location, unfortunately by the time you get there everything is over.

Xan switches his radio on.
Here. Path behind shops; in alleyways. I've found a group of people interested in talking. You're better at this than I am at this; why don't you come talk to them?

Lowering the radio, he looks calmly at the group.
Carry on.

Back out of alleyway and go on another route. If they show signs of hostility, incinerate them. If they're hostile, yell to transmit my location to Stacy.
You tell them to carry on, but they don't seem to keen on that. Instead, they scatter into the night, vanishing down the alleyways, splitting up and running in different directions as they go. One of them dropped whatever it was  they were holding; it's glinting softly where it feel, half buried in the soft, muddy ground.

Shrug, go and find Xan and Stacy, or anything interesting that comes up.
You rejoin and complete the freak squad. Now you can all either continue patrolling or join the circus.

Use the phrase book and repeat my warning in their language. Read the correct phrases carefully do I don't mess up.
[speech:3]
You attempt to use the booklet, stammering out your phrases in a slow, broken pace. The men seem to understand that you're trying to ask them something but they don't understand you. They murmur to each other and then look back at you, expectantly.

(( He'd said at some point to make sure that the rest of the squad could connect to the gun, as I recall. Until he says so / you confirm, I'll behave as if I don't. ))

Consult the phrase book for something to the effect of "Please state your business", head down and say that if the men still look confused and no one has opened fire.
[speech:2-1]
You come screaming down the hill at the confused group of men, jabbering wildly and reciting every swear word you could find in the book. You tackle their leader and begin screaming something about donkey flatulence.

((Wait, I managed to lick his eyeball through the faceplate?))
You took your helmet off. You got a 1. 1's bend reality a bit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 07, 2013, 10:34:21 am »

((It says something when a semi-comprehensible warning? is the best thing that happens in a turn.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 07, 2013, 11:17:35 am »

"Hm. There may have been something here. It's gone now, though," Stacy concludes, shuffling in place.

Follow Xan. See if there's anything interesting in this rather unpopulated alley. Help Xan with examination if he looks confused by weird hyoo-man objects.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:05:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 07, 2013, 01:39:42 pm »

((Oh God.))

Hold Skylar back before she/he can do anything to start a civil war. Analyze the words in the phrasebook for my questions.

((A dinamic bonus, please.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2013, 02:27:45 pm »

Hmm. What's this?

Examine glinting thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

Run after the fleeing men.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 08, 2013, 10:35:20 am »

(( Derp. I'm going to choose to believe that this is why you have them speaking a different language XD ))

*cough*sorry...

Back up, consult phrase book without saying anything for relevant phrases of apology

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1585 on: August 08, 2013, 11:40:11 am »

"Hm. There may have been something here. It's gone now, though," Stacy concludes, shuffling in place.

Follow Xan. See if there's anything interesting in this rather unpopulated alley. Help Xan with examination if he looks confused by weird hyoo-man objects.
Hmm. What's this?

Examine glinting thing.

While May goes sprinting off into the distance Xan and Stacy walk over to examine whatever it is the men dropped. Xan digs it out of the mud and holds it up into the light of his lamps. It's a gun, a Gauss gun of some type. It vaguely resembles a pistol, but it's oversized, like someone attached a pistol grip to a sawn off gauss rifle.
[Stacy con:2-1]
Stacy grabs the gun, trying clumsily to examine it, but accidentally pulls the trigger.
[Xan end:4]
Xan falls to the ground, holding his foot and hissing. Blood is pooling around his foot, which seems to be about half missing.

((Oh God.))

Hold Skylar back before she/he can do anything to start a civil war. Analyze the words in the phrasebook for my questions.

((A dinamic bonus, please.))
You grab skylar by the head and throw him behind you. You do your best to calm the men with nothing but hand gestures, all the while flipping through the phrasebook and trying to figure out what to say to them. You try to ignore the fact that you probably won't be able to understand their answers.

Run after the fleeing men.
[dex:3+1]
You run after the fleeing men, gaining ground on one of them as he weaves through the back alleys toward the marketplace.

(( Derp. I'm going to choose to believe that this is why you have them speaking a different language XD ))

*cough*sorry...

Back up, consult phrase book without saying anything for relevant phrases of apology
You sit up from where Renen threw you and sullenly consult the phrase book, searching for the "I'm sorry I invaded your personal space and spit swear words in your face and said all those mean things about your mother." entry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 08, 2013, 12:00:29 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Take Anti-Bleeding Meds. I still have Anti-Trauma meds apart from that, right?

Xan's head turns over to Stacy. It's not very angry, but the intent in it is ... chilly, to say the least.

Burn Stacy's hand with the amp until he drops the gun.

Do not. Do that. Again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 08, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »

"AIN'T NO RUNNING FROM BIG MAMA."

Shoot the man in the back of his leg with the Revolver.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 08, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »

"Oh dear, how unfortunate! Well, at least we know of criminal activity in the region now! And don't worry, I'm not about to shoot you again. Not on purpose, anyway. I don't think I'd be able to, even."

Drop weapon next to Xan. Dance around him.

"Anyhow, need any help?"

Help Xan up if he accepts.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:52 pm »

Quote from: To Steve
Don't you have a program for simultaneous translation for us to download, or maybe on our suits? Because, if we do have it, I need to activate that right now.

Send message. Ask the questions with the words I researched, also asking them to speak very slowly.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 243