Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435720 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1845 on: August 21, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »

((...How..wha-..

...I'll just go with it and silently complain like this was a set up.))

Gods no...not now. Why now...I can't even move. Just have enough to...to think.
  ..It's near my heart, thankfully. But I'm as much useless now. There goes my favorite shoulder, I guess..and now it's getting darker. Didn't know it was night soon.
    ...And I'm alone again. Cold. Darkness. Again.
      Damn this pain...Taste. Smell. Sight. Touch. Then hearing...Ugh. I can hear them...still near. Why won't they run.
         Run away! Run! Save yourselves! Go! Don't stay here and comfort me. I...

I deserve to be alone.
     Just run.
        Run...my friends. I'm sorry.
           I'm sorry Jim.
          I wasn't strong enough.

"Miss Feyri?"

x__x

Feyri's wristpad blips once, then goes silent.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:09:39 pm by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 21, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »

((What happened to make her 'die'? She rolled a five on her END check.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 21, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »

"I... walk along... darkened corridors..." Stacy solemnly and repeatedly chants as he runs as fast as he can, as far as he can.

Run like hell up to the third terrace post-haste, making sure to avoid May's path, and further than that if possible, as far away from the Ice-9 as possible. Urge civilians to follow behind me.

((Thing is, piecewise doesn't show all rolls. There was probably a set of unfavorable ones - direly unfavorable ones involved. If she hadn't rolled that high on endurance, she probably would have jerked and tumbled out of the sky, probably squashing Grate and Lyra in the process.

As always, the largely innocent suffer for the crimes of the criminally stupid.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:59:34 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 21, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »

((Ah well. 'twas a stupid 'death'.
If someone gets her head she can make it though.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 21, 2013, 03:53:16 pm »

((Thing is, piecewise doesn't show all rolls. There was probably a set of unfavorable ones - direly unfavorable ones involved. If she hadn't rolled that high on endurance, she probably would have jerked and tumbled out of the sky, probably squashing Grate and Lyra in the process.

As always, the largely innocent suffer for the crimes of the criminally stupid.))
((I'd argue against that, as said rolls are pertinent for the player to understand given the case that certain rolls are shown in its stead.

...And a very specific shard :/ That too. [/biased]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 21, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »

PS: Grate or Lyra, you might want to pick up her head.))
((Isn't it still attached?
...Also, was Grate ever briefed about that?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 21, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »

((Four.  Given my experience with PW games, a lesser roll would have been an instakill.  As is, she managed a safe landing for the two people she was carrying- a remarkable feat for someone with a superice pole in the chest.))

((To her body, no.  To her suit, yes.  Almost certainly not.  If one of the more experienced people runs by and sees, they'd likely have the idea to grab out the head, but otherwise, hope the event doesn't come this far.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 21, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »

((Let it be recorded Stacy just caused the death of one of the veterans and that death may be permanent if no one rescues Feyri's head.

Also, yes, there were probably a lot of unfortunate rolls hidden, such as, hypothetically: who was hit by the shards of ice, how big the shards were and how they hit the victim. The endurance roll probably allowed her to land and save the people she was carrying even with a chunk of ice transfixing her innards.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 21, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

((I'd argue against that, as said rolls are pertinent for the player to understand given the case that certain rolls are shown in its stead.

((As I understand it, we are shown rolls when we know exactly what is happening, such as when we initiate an action with a known quantity or consciously do something. Knowing the roll and other possible results reveals to us the mechanisms by which the world works, which is undesirable because we do not know why a shard hit Feyri and not, say, someone else more expendable - to us, it is simply cruel fate and not the cold, terrifying machinations of some orderly and sentient force that we as the players know there to really be.))

((Let it be recorded Stacy just caused the death of one of the veterans and that death may be permanent if no one rescues Feyri's head. ))

((My shame is only slightly mitigated by the sudden influx of great urgency to the mission. And the fact that this is still Day One, which I find extremely humorous.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:05:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 21, 2013, 04:07:06 pm »

((What I can't stand would be the psychological affect on Grate...but then I just hope someone else IC, would do it instead.

...Not Grate.  :-\))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 21, 2013, 04:07:34 pm »

((Wait, I may know a way to save Feyri.))

Quote from: Xan -> All Team Members
Everyone okay? Keep moving towards the palace if you have no issues.

((Hinty hint Grate))
Sig! Onol

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 21, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

((Actually things like that are considered common knowledge. Just like Steve's speech in the first post, how to send wrist-pad messages, suit lamps and amps, and how tokens work.))

((As I understand it, we are shown rolls when we know exactly what is happening, such as when we initiate an action with a known quantity or consciously do something. Knowing the roll and other possible results reveals to us the mechanisms by which the world works, which is undesirable because we do not know why a shard hit Feyri and not, say, someone else more expendable - to us, it is simply cruel fate and not the cold, terrifying machinations of some orderly and sentient force that we as the players know there to really be.))
((Exactly.))

((What I can't stand would be the psychological affect on Grate...but then I just hope someone else IC, would do it instead.

...Not Grate.  :-\))
((Ya know, not to bring down your parenting methods, but I think you've had the wrong approach. Trying to shield someone inside the HMRC from violence and brutality is frankly... laughable. And considering that it's Grate's own fault for gettin into HMRC, he'll be fine. Probably.

And if not, Thomas will make him a good drinking partner. I mean, if you wanna start drinking, better start early. Right? :D))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:12:07 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 21, 2013, 04:15:16 pm »

And if not, Thomas will make him a good drinking partner. I mean, if you wanna start drinking, better start early. Right? :D))
((I'd be hating your guts, but then you had humor.  :P

...God Speed you all. Will be...sorely watching.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 21, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »

((MKIII's have a decapitation mechanism to allow recovery of the user's head.))
Charles continues running away from the ice, he flips his rifle's safety back on and rests it on his shoulder. Every now and then, he glances at his wrist pad checking the ice's expansion speed through the visual feed of his rifle's scope.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:22:38 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 21, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

((To her body, no.  To her suit, yes.  Almost certainly not.  If one of the more experienced people runs by and sees, they'd likely have the idea to grab out the head, but otherwise, hope the event doesn't come this far.))
((When did she get decapitated? Also, Lenglon: Feyri's head! Get it! Or tell Grate about it or something!))

Quote from: Xan -> All Team Members
Everyone okay? Keep moving towards the palace if you have no issues.

((Hinty hint Grate))
Quote from: Grate -> Everyone
I think something's wrong with Miss Feyri. She got hit with a big chunk of ice. She might be

((MKIII's have a decapitation mechanism to allow recovery of the user's head.))
((See, that's the sort of thing you might want to explain to new players so they have an idea of what's going on.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 243