Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435637 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1935 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:55 pm »

(( Hence why that's a misleading explanation, but it is where the name comes from ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1936 on: August 23, 2013, 03:37:05 pm »

((Entropy is related to the work potential of a system ( don't know if that's the right English word). Heat death means no meaningful work can be achieved.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 23, 2013, 03:39:36 pm »

((It's really not that bad, just make sure to wear sunscreen and stay in the shade and all that. Probably good idea to pick up some watermelons and lemonade and things of the sort too.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 23, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

((Entropy is related to the work potential of a system ( don't know if that's the right English word). Heat death means no meaningful work can be achieved.))
((This means that heat death happens regularly across millions of managerial offices around the world.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1939 on: August 23, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

((This means that heat death happens regularly across millions of managerial offices around the world.))
((Hah! Good one.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 23, 2013, 03:42:56 pm »

((I went on Wikipedia to look up the article for Heat Death. It seemed interesting, but then the overview paragraph ends with "in a dark dark street on a dark dark night".

Well then. Sounds like a great theory.))

((My bad. The article for Dark Matter, which is directly acessible from the Wikipedia page on Heat Death, ends it's intro paragraph with "in a dark dark street on a dark dark night".))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:47:15 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

((Isn't it actually when the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics basically says that heat will be about all that's left of anything?))

((The way I understand it, it means that everything tends toward total chaos, when everything becomes completely the same, as opposed to order, when you can tell the difference between things. And the heat death of the universe is when everything becomes the same temperature and heat is distributed roughly evenly. Thus, no exchange of energy happens. energy spreads out evenly and nothing can happen anymore as a result.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:54:42 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 23, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »

Charles continues running the fuck away way, he cautiously moves to be as far away from the figure as possible while still running away from the expanding field.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:57:15 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 23, 2013, 03:54:38 pm »

Charles disables the detonator and retrieves his magazine and scope which he had just laid down, reattaching them to his rifle. He had a feeling he might need it.
Never mind for your above turn, I suppose.
((I believe you already did so. Guess it was like Charles put it down and then almost immediately picked it up.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 23, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

Charles disables the detonator and retrieves his magazine and scope which he had just laid down, reattaching them to his rifle. He had a feeling he might need it.
Never mind for your above turn, I suppose.
((I believe you already did so. Guess it was like Charles put it down and then almost immediately picked it up.))
((Thanks, I must of have missed that part when reading the turn.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 23, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »

((Are we seeing the humanoid thing?)))

Enter the palace with the rest of the team. Watch out for any movements or anything strange. Get ready to enter BT mode to fight or to evade debris.

Hey everybody, the big mass of cold is coming and something is inside the palace, but we have better chances there. Let's enter the palace and get ready for the fight. Everyone who can fight in the front and the midgets and limbless behind. We better watch out for anything. Can someone look for the white thing that fell out the palace? I think it's Faith or the one we had to protect.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 23, 2013, 08:26:04 pm »

((Excellent explanation. One issue with it: It needs more self-confidence.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 23, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »

((Welp. Lost everything.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 23, 2013, 10:27:48 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 23, 2013, 11:17:22 pm »

((Welp. Lost everything.))
((not the most important things. all you've lost is stuff. not your life, your mind/skills, your memories, or your friends.))

Look around for some protection from flying ice shards and take cover, shielding myself/others if necessary.
Once I'm under shelter, fall onto my knees, leaning forwards while cradleing Feyri's head against my chest, eyes closed, and cry.
if someone tries to apply first aid to my injured left arm, limply offer it to them and let them do their thing. beyond that mostly ignore those around me once I'm under shelter.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 243