Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435732 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2685 on: November 15, 2013, 12:50:46 pm »

Continue sweep with Bishop.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2686 on: November 15, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »

((Now we have a Lyra. Next, what? Feyri? Xan? Stacy? Grate?))
When it comes to Xan, I intend to wait till I can find a psychic, and then pump said psychic full of all the gene stuff. Grate, I dunno, could be any time. Feyri too.
((I'm on Steam, but if it costs you money to gift it, don't bother.))
I think you can gift your own games to other people for free.

Keep following lars.
"O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:"

Lars nodded at the destroyed bot. "Very good, brothers.  Most Holy Steve, we have disabled the bot.  We will continue exploring otherwise until you direct us otherwise."

Keep exploring the tunnel unless instructed otherwise; in that case, follow new instructions.  Sing praises to the gods while searching.
>Well that was clearly the source of the heat signatures. See if any of the other teams need your help. If not, then head back up to the surface and sweep the area on your own.

(if anyone needs Lar's crew's help, tell him)

Check the hatch for security mechanisms.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
It's locked, if thats what you mean. There aren't any obvious bombs or spike traps, if thats what you mean.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Skylar sits there for a moment, staring at the mess of wiring inside the console.

... I qualify this a success. Rising stably is better than randomly getting thrown around the room. you know, unless we get shot at... Now then... you said you could bring this back under control, Steve? Any chance you could put the ship under my suit's control as well, or are the controls too fried for that?

Plug my suit into the ship, ask Steve for assistance. Assuming I'm not attached to the wiring to keep the stability controls active.
I'm pretty sure that Bishop was the only one who bought those interface wires.

(( Ah. I didn't realize Bishop had gotten specific cables for that task. I don't suppose there would be one of those in the advanced kit, would there? It seems like the sort of thing that might be included :P ))

Great. Hey crew, could you look around the ship, take stock of what's still aboard? Maybe see if you can find some extra wiring or connection cables? ... or parachutes? I'm going to study this wiring and see if I can fix it... or at least get us on the ground.

IF there is magically a cable in my advanced kit, or if someone finds one on the ship, plug in and let Steve bring us in.

Otherwise, study the horrid mess of wiring in preparation for trying to manipulate it further. Try and assess if it is even possible to make the console functional.

Hmmm. There could be a cable in there, but it would cost one of the kit's 3 charges. That ok?

((I am honored. Thank you RNG and PW.))

Stand with Gorat and take in the wonderful sights. Try not to kick a bomb into anything. Then attempt to enter hatch.
You shake the hatch a bit. Seems locked. Huh. Almost like they didn't want people just climbing up on the roof and falling off.

DAMN YOU SPACE OSHA!

((I'd go flamethrower, due to it ignoring cover I believe? Even if it doesn't, it's a short range AOE attack, with pretty decent damage, plus I think it causes damage over time.))

"I have got to get a single shot weapon. Or bigger magazines."

Poke the robot with my pole, then follow Lars, remembering where I left it. Check how many bullets are left in the magazine.

((I really do have a nasty habit of going MOAR DAKKA.))

You check your rifle. 7 of 10 bullets remaining. Not a lot, but enough to kill 7 teammates Enemies.

The robot doesn't react to your jabbing.

You wait for Lars to go where he's needed.

"might as well look for some cables, doubtful he brought any really, wasn't planning on anyone strategicallylasering the controls or somesuch."
look for any wires that fit the description.
(I am so tempted to have you roll for this just on the off chance you get a 1 so you can start tearing wires out of the console. But I'll be nice.)

You check around. There are some connector wires, but when you try them vs the port on your suit, none of them seem to fit.

"Damn these proprietary connectors!"

Stay attached to Lars, keep a watchful eyes (plural) out for unfriendly.
You slither up to the top of lar's head like the worst possible kind of hat.

Find stray lightweight objects, rocks, empty boxes, random chairs, hammers, whatever. and throw them at the sensors around the tower.

For Feyri:
rescue Lyra from her 'unable to get to the top of the stupid tower' problem by going over there and flying her to the top of the thing.

((To Tiruin:
The train of thought I have Feyri working on is that the SW and UE have to have some kind of objective, and that everything they've done so far has been a decoy to distract us from what they're really after. Problem is, I'm running out of guesses as to what that objective might be. are you sure you don't want to just take your character back already?))
Feyri Pick up her Feline Friend and ferries her to the top of the tower.

Alliteration!

Jim's limbs have all been amputated and replaced with metal ones

I never asked for this.

I'll take the flamethrower though. :P
I lied and decided for you. You got the fist. And maaaaaan am I glad I did. Jim is giving everyone fist based trips to the moon.

IT CONTINUES TO CONTINUE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( Why is the random number generator not giving you support characters. Whyyyyyy! :P
They didn't improve that, did they? Make it more logical who got what specialization when they upgraded from rookie? ))
Nah, still seems random. Which sucks. Wish you could freaking choose. I don't need any more damn snipers. They're great death machines but they're for shit when it comes to scouting.

((Woo! Go sniper Bishop with that window trick shot! And yes, squad sight is awesome in many, many ways.))

"Steve, we've found more missing sensor arrays and a blood trail. Shit is looking real bad down here. Advise please?

Now for the rest of you lot, let's be careful here. I'm getting a real bad feeling about this blood. Oh hey Milno, nice to see you here. I'm glad to see at least one person down here with me who knows what they're doing..."

Contact Steve about the situation and see what he thinks. Send someone expendable ahead to scout ahead. Keep cautiously following the trail and keep looking for traps.

>I'm not sure, to be honest. Maybe a UE. Maybe a normal man. Probably not a SW. I advise caution and use of light amps rather then lamps. He might not see you coming.

((I think he's taking his 'A team' and then throwing in rookies to try and get the whole HRMC crew in. Which is lovely of him.))
Combination of that and the fact that we went through a time of brutal injuries which rendered much of the team unusable and forced a constant stream of new recruits.

Keep searching for the sensor thief.
You continue in on your own, carefully wandering the blackened tunnels. Eventually you find something. Blood. And a good amount of it. It's pooled here, smeared against the wall and then trails off down the hall. There are bits of shredded tissue in the blood; the sort of thing you'd expect to see from a Mono-Razor hit.

"Thanks, I guess. In the best of scenarios, the blood's just from a mind-controlled worker who wounded himself while following their new orders." Milno comments, looking around the exit of the tunnel covered by him. "Hey, Steve. On the spastic blackship, think you could get one of us fliers a connector so we can get inside the ship and connect our suit to it?"

Pose question to Steve. Wait.

>Thats definitely an option. May want to hurry with that though, they're getting pretty high. They'll be in orbit if you dawdle.

Continue sweep with Bishop.
"Hey bishop, Why do you keep pushing me out in front?"

"Is that a life insurance policy with my name on it and you as the beneficiary? I'm beginning to feel like you might not have my best interests in mind."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »

Nah, still seems random. Which sucks. Wish you could freaking choose. I don't need any more damn snipers. They're great death machines but they're for shit when it comes to scouting.

((This is from just after release, so I won't swear they haven't changed it, but...

So, your first 4 are different classes. After that, if you have 0 of a class, you're guaranteed one of that class BEFORE 3 of some other class. If you have 1 of a class, you're guaranteed another BEFORE 5 of some other class. After you have 2 of a class, the game will never guarantee or even improve the odds of getting more, so getting backups is simply up to chance.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/655782-xcom-enemy-unknown/64396727

"Very inspirational, Brother Jack."

Lars continues to do his best to ignore Xan.  It's difficult.

Setting his radio back to all-chat, Lars addresses the others teams.  "This is Brother Lars.  We have addressed the heat source- it was just a broken repair bot.  Do any other teams need our assistance?"

Head back toward the main concourse in front of the Sword regardless.  [Orders superceded]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:48:20 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 15, 2013, 01:55:06 pm »

Eat his brain Form myself into a helmet made out of chitin or something on Lars' head. Put my brain somewhere where it's not easily shootable, like the back of his neck or something.

I'm helping!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 15, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

((I'm trying to decide if I do or don't want to see what happens if you throw a six on that action.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 15, 2013, 02:04:13 pm »

((I'm trying to decide if I do or don't want to see what happens if you throw a six on that action.))
((Worst thing I can think of is me forming a gigantic heavy helmet that unbalances you.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 15, 2013, 02:16:56 pm »

((At the risk of giving the GM ideas, you could always decide to replace his existing helmet.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 15, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »

((Mebbeh.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »

"Right. I'll take the bot then. And seriously, that eye is really fucking creepy. Can we leave it here?"

Drag the repairbot back to the lobby, then head to the armory, buy a Sibilus Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifle with team fund, then head to the crater.

((Edited action, and I always wanted this gun. Heheheheheh.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:49:57 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »

No. Otherwise I'll come after you and dissect you with that knife you borrowed from me.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 15, 2013, 02:56:52 pm »

((Lars turns to Morul.  "Eye see what you did there."))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »

((well no confirmation on the "random training" question, so I'm pretty sure Piecewise is just using the normal second wave options. Also I had to go through that "two snipers and bunch of rookies" thing for first terror mission WITH Chryssalids. Oh and just wait till the mission with INFINITE CHRYSSALIDS.... I think we may see what it looks like when piecewise is scared :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2697 on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »

"Oh, great. Guys, I've got a lot of blood but no body here. And evidence of monorazor use. Either the UE is here or he gave his monorazor to someone as a really good distraction. I really hope it's the first one."

"Okay Steve. Gonna need two sets of eyes for this. Watch my back?"
Put 3 cameras on my head for Steve and other people to watch my back with. Carefully check around for other clues, set my final spy-camera to watch the opposite side the blood trail is going and slowly and quietly follow the blood trail, smoke grenade and monorazor ready.
Do noir inner monologue.

I don't want to go there. It's the last place I'd want to end up. But that's where I always end up anyway. In the belly of the beast, making the wrong choices, one would say the stupid choices, for the right reasons. I find myself once again in the cramped tunnels of Heaphestus, the maze of concrete shifting with every kill of the Executor. He was a serial killer, one of the smart ones. He planted evidence, convicted others for his crimes. He had the others fooled but I was closing in on him and his gang of mind controlled slaves. I descend into a mystery, desperate to catch him, to stop him, to help Steve. A labyrinth of his making, from one grisly murder scene to the next.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:49:27 am by Parisbre56 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 15, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING invents helping.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 15, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »

"I don't see any traps, at least. Get some distance. Amp use imminent."

Get some distance to the hatch. If Teal does as well, slowly heat a small sphere centered on the lock.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 243