Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436918 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: Next time, No prisoners.
« Reply #2925 on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

((So, will I be able to control my character again at some point, or should I just make a new one?  Either way, it will be interesting to see everything that happened to him.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 25, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

((Just [.b]Crawl outta there[/b].. What's the worst that could've happened to you?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2927 on: November 25, 2013, 06:24:29 pm »

"When you are given an order, follow it. You should not make the same mistake again."
"Fuck you! I don't need this shit right now. I followed my orders! I completed my objectives. UE dead, mission fucking accomplished! Isn't that the only thing you care about? So don't mess with how I do my job and I won't mess with how you do your job. Now fuck off and leave me be."

Get inside Gilgamesh and fly away towards a random direction. Close my radio to everyone but Steve. If Steve asks me to come back for debriefing, tell him to transmit it to my helmet. Continue flying further and higher as long as I have more than 3/5 fuel. Look at the scenery as I fly.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 25, 2013, 09:07:47 pm »

((Well Tack, why not.))
Try to crawl out.  Also try to see what happened to me.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »

"Fuck you! I don't need this shit right now. I followed my orders! I completed my objectives. UE dead, mission fucking accomplished! Isn't that the only thing you care about? So don't mess with how I do my job and I won't mess with how you do your job. Now fuck off and leave me be."

"No, you did not."

In order to get updated about what happened, Milno gets and begins watching the recording of the mission start at the corner of his helmet's HUD from the assault team's perspective.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:52:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

((So, will I be able to control my character again at some point, or should I just make a new one?  Either way, it will be interesting to see everything that happened to him.))
((I have similar thoughts, as it happens. Just, y'know, about Grate.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: November 26, 2013, 05:10:50 am »

(( My suggestion, hope and plan :P

If you have time and motivation, make up a new character sheet, and then sit on it.
If it turns out Theodore is unplayable, or that you don't want to play him, pull out the new character and get rolling!
If he's 'fine', hang onto the sheet for a rainy day. This is a pretty lethal game, I'm sure the opportunity for horrible, terrible death will come again. And hey, even if it doesn't, maybe you'll find the character useful for another RTD

Until you know, just relax  :D Just pretend you're temp dead, waiting for the roll of the dice to tell you if the Sword medical staff can successfully put you back together. Or if you can put you back together. Or quantum mechanics. Whatever happens to be ailing you :P))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 26, 2013, 10:59:06 am »

((Theodore?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2933 on: November 26, 2013, 01:02:16 pm »

With danger already a safe distance from them, Milno finishes what he had to say to Flint. "When you are given an order, follow it. You should not make the same mistake again." Incompetent people were a dime a dozen in the Sword already and the fact it was fueled by some wide-eyed ideal of heroism instead of stupidity did not change the results.

Get back to the ship to check on the overall situation.
Overall situation around the sword seems stable. Everyone who was injured is mostly taken care of, and it seems like most of the crew is back on board, though with a few notable absences. You head to the infirmary and say hello to Jim.

Bishop didn't say anything but instead grumbled and kept glancing at the mutated part of him as he kept walking to medical.

Go check in with Herr Doktor. Show him the mutation and tell him I want it back to how it was before.
You Walk into the infirmary, flashing your left arm, which is covered in eyeballs and now has 8 fingers.

"I am in need of a doctor or a priest. Or a chainsaw for cutting, and another chainsaw for mounting on the stump."

Considering you're not actually injured, you seem pretty low priority. Though a nurse does look at it and say "Just wear a glove. A long glove."

Try to figure my out modifications (Didn't have time for it). Go to the Doctor. Ask for more training.

Hey, Doc. Can we continue the training for now?
Lets wait till this mission is over, shall we? We still need the debrief. As per modifications, is super human speed and a sword that cuts through anything not good enough for you man! You're sonic the hedgehog with a lightsaber!

"When you are given an order, follow it. You should not make the same mistake again."

Get inside Gilgamesh and fly away towards a random direction. Close my radio to everyone but Steve. If Steve asks me to come back for debriefing, tell him to transmit it to my helmet. Continue flying further and higher as long as I have more than 3/5 fuel. Look at the scenery as I fly.
Not entirely sure what you expect to see. Lots of red dirt and rocks. Bit of extraterrestrial foliage, the occasional exhaust vent cluster spewing superheated air and smoke into the atmosphere and enormous blast doors set into the stone. Basically that. The facilities are almost entirely subterranean .

((Well Tack, why not.))
Try to crawl out.  Also try to see what happened to me.
Waaaaaait for it.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 26, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »

((@PW: Ok, It's good. Don't wanna take chances.))

Wait for mission debrief.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 26, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

Once I have enough metal, think of a design for a naginata-like polearm. Make it long enough to be conveniently wieldable for an Avatar, make it denser than normal (not so much it becomes to heavy to be unwieldy though). Try to make it strong enough to withstand a powerful blow, make the cutting edge as sharp as I can manage it (monomolecular if possible). Look up possible designs in VR if allowed. Once decent design is made, charge up dynamic bonus for the construction next turn.

Brain charge towards psychic weapon smithing goooooooo

With my brain adequately charged up, forge this weapon, the naginata of destiny.
Create the beautiful flower of destruction that will lay waste to scores of men at my hands!

Or, y'know, at least try to.

Once done, to the briefing! (aka remotely connect to it, cause big ol' robot ass in the way 'n stuff)

((Also gonna post this in the other thread just in case.))
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:10:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: November 26, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

Go to debriefing.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 26, 2013, 10:58:41 pm »

"I AM getting this fixed. But I suppose it can wait for now..." Bishop grumbled as he walked to the armoury.

"Hey. I need a long glove to cover this." He said and promptly flashed his arm to the armoury master.

Go talk to the armoury master for a temporary solution to my mutated arm and then head to the debriefing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2938 on: November 26, 2013, 11:54:57 pm »

If you be on the ship, head to the ship thread.

We gearing up for da debriefs.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2939 on: December 17, 2013, 05:23:24 pm »

Continue following Simus around and obeying her every command.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 243