Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435699 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3405 on: January 23, 2014, 04:51:53 pm »

((Ive never enjoyed starcraft so i have no idea what you are on about, i was referring to Goliath beetles.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 23, 2014, 05:03:52 pm »

Quote from:  Auron to Grate
Quit being immature, noone is going to get in trouble except me.

To simus: You want me to not repair the civilian exosuit i recovered? Why on earth would i stop doing that?

To jack: "Oh hey Jack, Thanks for the help with the spiderbot. Any ideas on what we should call it?

"Crusher?"
"I was hoping for something sounding a bit more impressive, maybe something like Goliath..."

"Leviathan?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 23, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »

((Behemoth? Gigantor? Thomas the Tank?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15:20 pm »

This sounds like significantly more than a mere exosuit repair, considering your terminology in a message asking people to come and help you assemble it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: January 23, 2014, 05:35:13 pm »

"Oh that. We already finished that. Only the exoskeletons is left."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:20 pm »

To Jack: "Hmmm, leviathan does sound rather impressive."

To Simus: "As jack has stated that construction is finished, we have already ceased working on it."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »

It matters not that it is done. It matters that it was built in knowing violation of orders. Justify its continued existence, please. While you do, I am coming to see it for myself. I will pass judgememt after I arrive. Keep everything where it is.

Simus goes to the site of the project's construction and examines it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »

"Ignoring the fact that judgement is not yours to pass the fact remains our orbital defences will not hold, we will need ground based defenses and artillery, our construction here fulfills both the requirements for artillery support and for mobile defense."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

Quote from:  Auron to Grate
Quit being immature, noone is going to get in trouble except me.
((...You told the child to quit being immature?))
Quote from: Grate -> Auron
I'm not being immature, I'm being concerned. And you'd better be right.

((Ive never enjoyed starcraft so i have no idea what you are on about, i was referring to Goliath beetles.))
((I'm reminded of Worm.
With mildly spoilerey things, Skitter eventually gets a giant beetle-monsters. She recalls the Hercules beetle, one of the largest ones in the world, and names the beetle Atlas, after a titan far larger than Hercules.
Who's way, way larger than Goliath?
I got nothing. But it's a train of thought.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »

It is not your place to say who is able to pass judgement or not, and I do believe the judgment is mine to pass. To my knowledge, I am your commanding officer until released from that duty. The only higher authority who could pass judgment is Steve. And I shall see if your construction passes requirements for anything, or even if it is a drain of resources better used elsewhere, in which case, I shall determine if it is fit to be modified, or dismantled completely.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 23, 2014, 10:27:49 pm »

"You seem to misunderstand the situation gravely, we are not yet a military and noone here possesses a rank. I am under no obligation to remain inside your work squad or follow your orders, the only authority i need recognise is steves."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: January 23, 2014, 10:31:31 pm »

Quote from: Simus>Steve
Would you please explain to Auron that I am still his commander? Just a small buzz from his implant and a few words should do.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:33:54 pm by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

Would you please explain to Auron that I am still his commander? Just a small buzz from his implant and a few words should do.
((You seem to forget that steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 23, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »

((You seem to forget that steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))

((Too bad for you, the GM is on my side. Sorry about that, but you will never believe me in or out of character.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3419 on: January 23, 2014, 10:51:15 pm »

WARNING
WARNING

PIECEWISE WILL BE GONE TILL MONDAY BECAUSE HE HAS TO LEARN HIRAGANA

WARNING
WARNING