Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435738 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3525 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:12 am »

((Grandeur maybe, but delusions? Simus is mostly good enough to seriously take into account, plus skilled and level-headed enough to earn a place as the Overseer - and have the whole planet assigned to her, with the only immediate superior being Steve. So as long as she fulfills her role well enough to not be replaced, any "delusions" of hers will have a firm rooting in reality, methinks. ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: January 30, 2014, 09:09:43 am »

Mesk spiking Flint's food with aphrodisiacs to make him have sex with a toaster.

((...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: January 30, 2014, 09:13:26 am »

you would have to court martial xan first because actively tried to murder someone, i only tried to cripple you.))
((And you did so in a way that lead to death. Incompetence at attempted crippling should bump up your sentence.
Also, what murder are you thinking of?))
Yes it did lead to death, my death. Suicide is punishment enough for incompetance.
((Suicide isn't a puinishment at all. If you get a robody, it's a reward.))

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
+1
Also, that guy was an acceptable murder by Doctor death match standards.
+1
((Oh yeah, him. That. Also, it wasn't a CO and was back when murder was no biggie.))
((Pyros character is no more important than fishman was. we are all expendable and simus can be easily replaced if necessary.))
((Wrong.
A. Fishman was no longer active.
B. He was killed under previous laws which may no longer apply; has anyone checked that the murder-is-fine thing still applies?
C. In addition, he was killed under a sponsored program of killing!
D. Simus was your CO!
In short...your claims are something like if there was an Ancient Rome game, and you just killed the captain of the guard, then argued that the gladiatorial arena justified your killing of him. Only that only covered half the points.))

((And simus put herself in a position to be assaulted by being an insufferable arrogant twat.
((Yes, that's such an excellent defense. "He annoyed me, your honor! I had no choice!"
Especially since the annoyance was A. completely justified and B. agreed with by Steve.))

((Also i may be traitorous but simus is the ones with delusions of grandeur.))
((How, by exercising the rank Steve gave her? And then contacting Steve to confirm his approval?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: January 30, 2014, 09:37:56 am »

((Gonna hop over to this thread real quick, I doubt anyone could not have heard that anyways.))

Upon hearing the disastrous explosion, Miyamoto is wakened from his temporary stupor and jolts into action. Luckily, the awesome strength of synthflesh lets him get there fast (for a multi-ton monster).

"Flint, what the hell happened here?! God darn-it, you'd think we could go a day without something blowing up, but nooooo, everyday something has to explode. Ugh. You go grab Simus, I'll get Auron, he's the heaviest of the two."

Run over to ground zero, rescue the two 'splosion victims. If Flint gets here to, rescue Auron while he does Simus. Once in the infirmary hangar (too big for hallways, I forgot), get him out of his exosuit (will be needed for operations anyway) and deliver him to medical personnel, while saying the following to whoever takes him off my hands:

"I'm not sure what happened, but as far as I know he was discussing things with Simus, and next thing you know there's a big explosion and people are dead. I wanna get to the bottom of this, so once you've fixed him bring him to me, ok? Keep him sedated or restrained until then if you have to. If you're not sure whether you're allowed to do that, check with Steve, he'll back me up."

Then help with the firefighting, either with manip (if I feel like I have the mental reserves for it, if yes bend away oxygen so the fire can't spread) or by grabbing whatever equipment there is in the hangar (I'm assuming a spaceship hangar would have some stuff for that lying around, if not wait for some crewmember to bring in some).

((Note to Paris: I don't think anybody but those two saw what happened (not sure if any witnesses), and since neither can really tell us right now, for all our characters know that explosion was an accident. I mean, it could be a bit meta to assume they'd know Auron was the cause of this. Though Steve might be able to tell us next turn.))

((How is it attempted crippling? It was a successful crippling.))
((Heh. Heh heh. Nice one.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:51:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: January 30, 2014, 09:48:31 am »

"Flint, what the hell happened here?! God darn-it, you'd think we could go a day without something blowing up, but nooooo, everyday something has to explode. Ugh."
((Isn't it the same day as the last several things to blow up?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:56 am »

"Flint, what the hell happened here?! God darn-it, you'd think we could go a day without something blowing up, but nooooo, everyday something has to explode. Ugh."
((What an excellent point, for all you guys know this could all be grates fault.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: January 30, 2014, 10:04:59 am »

((What an excellent point, for all you guys know this could all be grates fault.))
((How the hell would Grate have done this?))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: January 30, 2014, 10:10:24 am »

((Let me see... grate does some sort of space magic supernova thing spawning heaps of anomalies and causing significant structural damage. If that damage extended to a tank of highly reactive fuel weakening its structural integrity and it suddenly bursts for whatever reason, what do you think the logical outcome will be?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: January 30, 2014, 10:11:04 am »

((Indirectly, by continuing to exist despite several normally permanent deaths? Also, he helped Auron gather parts. But I guess Auron's rebellious magpie tendencies finally.... blew up in his face. >_>))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 30, 2014, 10:16:19 am »

((Let me see... grate does some sort of space magic supernova thing spawning heaps of anomalies and causing significant structural damage. If that damage extended to a tank of highly reactive fuel weakening its structural integrity and it suddenly bursts for whatever reason, what do you think the logical outcome will be?))
((That it would either explode immediately or not until some other stimulus causes it to explode? And also that it would probably be noticed when searching for things that need to be fixed?))

((Indirectly, by continuing to exist despite several normally permanent deaths?
((I don't follow. How would Grate's deaths make something very far from Grate blow up?))

Also, he helped Auron gather parts.
(("Grate helped me! He's the guilty one, I'm innocent!"
--Not Auron, because he isn't a complete moron))
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3535 on: January 30, 2014, 10:19:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Note to Paris: I don't think anybody but those two saw what happened (not sure if any witnesses), and since neither can really tell us right now, for all our characters know that explosion was an accident. I mean, it could be a bit meta to assume they'd know Auron was the cause of this. Though Steve might be able to tell us next turn.))
((I'm assuming Steve is going to tell me something. But even if he doesn't, it's not like I'm going to do anything to him next round. I'm just planning to do something to him. Getting my revenge-options cataloged. A dynamic bonus for revenge if you will.))
"Flint, what the hell happened here?! God darn-it, you'd think we could go a day without something blowing up, but nooooo, everyday something has to explode. Ugh. You go grab Simus, I'll get Auron, he's the heaviest of the two."
"Fuck if I know. You'd think things would have quieted down by now." said Flint while scanning the area with his cameyes. "I think there were people out there. I'm going to go check it out. They may need our help." With that, he fired his rockets and headed towards the area.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:08 am »

((That it would either explode immediately or not until some other stimulus causes it to explode? And also that it would probably be noticed when searching for things that need to be fixed?))
((You mean stimulus like the internal pressure of the fuel building up because it was shaken until it reached a point where the weakened tank gave out spraying fuek great speed and exposing it to oxygen and scrapyard chemicals?
Or a small crack slowly oozing fuel out which eventually reached a small spot fire, exposed electrical wire or reactive substance?
Or maybe a scrap girder fell on it and caused a puncture?

There are a great many possibilities.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: January 30, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

((How would the pressure build up?
Possible.
Possible, but the falling girder would have been quite likely caused by some other person.
In any case, none of these are as likely as some outside agent causing the explosion. Really, to get an explosion an hour after the event, you need a darn contrived series of events, especially since the screwing-up he did tended to be either highly unstable or highly stable (if sometimes fragile).))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: January 30, 2014, 11:17:47 am »

((Or people take the logical approach and take care of the danger first, then when it is secure they ask Steve what happened.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: January 30, 2014, 11:27:34 am »

((Of course, all the stuff about it being an accident will go out the window once anyone asks Steve.

Anyone else remember that we all have cameras on us, along with quite large storage for the video they pick up? Steve will have seen, or at the very least, can see if he goes over the tapes (which is likely if he wasn't observing there anyways), from both Auron and Simus' perspectives, Auron pulling a gun, aiming at Simus' braincase, and firing, with Simus moving out of the way before the shot and the shot hitting a tank behind her, which then exploded.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 243