Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436931 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3570 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:32 am »

((Where are you, again?))
((In the rec room. Anton was perusing the VR machines to try and carry out performance tests on the Black Death and the Party Wagon, but was interrupted first by the salvage yard exploding, and then Mesk's little creeping pet. Since Grate is currently in VR and is unaware of his surroundings...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 31, 2014, 10:42:42 am »

((Oh, okay. So nothing happening in Tinker, so Grate won't be alt-tabbing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 31, 2014, 10:57:45 am »

Also, how long till simus goes full lemongrab?
((T-minus negative ten minutes.
Anyways, it seems Miya isn't needed here anymore for the moment, so I'll hop back to the other thread, if that's ok.

You known, in a way it's sad that Steve is always watching our every move, limits sneaky backstabbery and related things (like killing a teammate, stealing his stuff and dumping the body). Would've been interesting to see whether Auron could bullshit his way out of this  :P  ))

((I would recommend consulting auron before tampering with his spiderbot.
Theres also the matter of it hasnt been programmed to stop if a person gets in the way, it may step on you to aid in its learning of how to pass uneven terrain.))
((If the spiderbot is a hazard to other people though, Miya may be forced to (temporarily) shut it down until someone comes over to ensure it won't trample people. And good luck stepping on an Avatar.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 31, 2014, 10:59:42 am »

(I completely disagree. I disapprove of bullshit backstabbery.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: January 31, 2014, 11:02:28 am »

((Well, if it's as revenge for OOC crap I agree, but purely in-game? Why, apart from the obvious 'it is not nice towards the player of that character'? Or do you just dislike pvp in general (which is certainly a valid stance)?

I mean, I can see why you'd feel like that, but it kinda closes of a huge range of possibilities and role-playing, doesn't it?))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:04:16 am by Radio Controlled »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 31, 2014, 11:07:23 am »

(I've made my stance on lethal PvP pretty clear in a lot of places. Suffice to say I'm not a fan. 'Secret' PvP actions are even worse. As it stands, I'm fine with non-lethal sparring and stuff. Should be pretty obvious from the fact Jim fought Milno twice, Feyri once, and kind of sort of wrestled with Elisaz for a few turns.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: January 31, 2014, 11:09:34 am »

((I too dissaprove of bullshit backstabbery murder for personal gain, my action was mrant to be a non-lethal retaliatory strike which several people saw coming.

And the spiderbot isnt a hazard unless you go near it, just leave it alone until Auron gets out of the infirmary.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 31, 2014, 11:15:15 am »

(I've made my stance on lethal PvP pretty clear in a lot of places. Suffice to say I'm not a fan. 'Secret' PvP actions are even worse. As it stands, I'm fine with non-lethal sparring and stuff. Should be pretty obvious from the fact Jim fought Milno twice, Feyri once, and kind of sort of wrestled with Elisaz for a few turns.)

((Well, I can see where you come from with that. Tell me, do you also dislike games like maffia or perplexicon, where backstabbery and secret messages are par of the course? Or only if those things aren't the explicit focus of a game do you disagree? I'm certainly not planning on doing that myself all of the sudden, I'm just curious. Wanna take this to pm, or rather just drop the matter?))

((I too dissaprove of bullshit backstabbery murder for personal gain, my action was mrant to be a non-lethal retaliatory strike which several people saw coming.
And the spiderbot isnt a hazard unless you go near it, just leave it alone until Auron gets out of the infirmary.))
((I ain't touching it as long as it ain't stomping people.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:00 am »

Also, how long till simus goes full lemongrab?
((T-minus negative ten minutes.
((Wouldn't that be T+10m?))

Anyways, it seems Miya isn't needed here anymore for the moment, so I'll hop back to the other thread, if that's ok.
((I'd write some snarkily critical piece about your abandonment, but I'm just not feeling it.))

You known, in a way it's sad that Steve is always watching our every move, limits sneaky backstabbery and related things (like killing a teammate, stealing his stuff and dumping the body). Would've been interesting to see whether Auron could bullshit his way out of this  :P  ))
((Indeed.))

((But it's so fun to watch!))

((I too dissaprove of bullshit backstabbery murder for personal gain,
((Yes, backstabbery murder for petty vengeance is so much better.))

((It's a walking spiderbot, which you gave NO programming about not wandering near inhabited areas. I'm amazed piecewise hasn't been rolling to see if it's getting close to CRAP I shouldn't be giving him ideas.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 31, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

(@Radio: Yes. I will never play Mafia as a rule, and I wasn't interested in Perplexicon despite the GM because it was geared for PvP. I don't like it in general, either, though. It's just bad blood waiting to happen. As for PMs, that's if you have anything else you want to ask me about.

@GWG: Yeah, because it was so much fun to watch you and Gamerlord snark at each other when he first joined, and this argument about Simus and Auron is thrilling. ::))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

((Going to have to say that Steve knows full well what went on.  This is in regards to Xan getting a shocked as a debrief after Mission 10 for his wanton violence:

To be fair, Steve, it was the old guy that doomed us. What I did could've happened to anyone.

>At least his was done out of a desire to advance the mission given to him. You were just trying to maim a teammate.

Yeah, You'd be surprised what I can deduce from your suit's biofeedback sensors.

So yeah, he almost certainly knows what's up.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:28 am »

((Xans biofeedback is a lot easier to deduce than Aurons as he uses amps which would display a very distinctive pattern of nueral activity, Auron was still reeling from being electrocuted so his nueral patters would be all scrambled and hard to decipher.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:25 pm »

@Radio: Yes. I will never play Mafia as a rule, and I wasn't interested in Perplexicon despite the GM because it was geared for PvP. I don't like it in general, either, though. It's just bad blood waiting to happen. As for PMs, that's if you have anything else you want to ask me about.
((Well, if it's just a personal dislike, there isn't a whole lot more to discuss, I think.))

((Xans biofeedback is a lot easier to deduce than Aurons as he uses amps which would display a very distinctive pattern of neural activity, Auron was still reeling from being electrocuted so his neural patters would be all scrambled and hard to decipher.))
((You sure? We don't know how good those sensors are, or what they exactly measure, so saying they'll be garbled seems like baseless conjecture. And if anything, Steve probably registered the rush of endorphins when Auron saw Simus getting impaled like that  :P  ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:41 pm »

((Simus got hit by a car sized chunk of metal, Auron was the one who got impaled.

And he would have been to busy getting thrown away by the explosion to see simus get crushed.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 31, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »

((Xans biofeedback is a lot easier to deduce than Aurons as he uses amps which would display a very distinctive pattern of nueral activity, Auron was still reeling from being electrocuted so his nueral patters would be all scrambled and hard to decipher.))
((What makes you think that Steve's sensors are anywhere but in one's own skull? Or that "I'm going to kill/maim Simus" could be mistaken for "Argh the pain"? Steve isn't stupid.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 243