Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435651 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3555 on: January 30, 2014, 08:28:28 pm »

((By the way, Steve likely wont know what happened and Simus will only have suspicions...
((You're assuming that Simus's suit doesn't have a camera and that Steve has no other way of surveying the scene. And as for the "Don't electrocute me" gesture? Don't be absurd. How would the tank have exploded, then? And try finding a position where you can aim the gun anything like accurately without showing what you're doing to the suitcam.))

• Simus has Cameyes - she can see in the IR spectrum normally. Guess what spectrum the lasers are in?
((Um, why would the laser radiate radiation any direction other than the one it was pointed in? This ain't Star Wars. And those never really act like lasers anyways...))

• Even if it came to your word against mine, which it most probably won't, my word holds greater weight as a result of my position. Even if you don't think my position is legitimate, Steve and everyone else pretty clearly do.))
((Especially given that Auron would have an excellent reason to lie if he shot Simus, but Simus would have basically none if he didn't.))

1. My laser is mounted on the underside of my arm, i have to point it at you in order to make a plaintative gesture. Ergo both actions appear identical.
((...How the hell do you aim that thing?!?))

2. Simus can see in the IR spectrum, she was not however scanning for thermal signatures and therefore would not have been able to see the pulse.
((It's an active ability? Sounds more like it would be passive.))

3. There is no gaurantee steve could see us when we are in the middle of the scrapyard surrounded by junk and recovered ships and Auron is collapsed on the floor, plus if steve didnt see the laser pulse hes not gonna be able to say what exactly just happened.
((It's not hard to extrapolate. Especially since Steve has access, direct or no, to every sensory device on Hephaestus.))

5. Im gonna win because im more important is not an argument, if that worked i could just walk up to smurfington and take his tokens saying he lost a bet to me and everyone would be forced to agree with me because im a veteran and hes only a newbie. That shit will never fly.))
((Well, again, we are forced to go to the "Who has more reason to lie?" thing. And the "You're not actually an officer, you jerk" thing. And the "Steve is watching your stupid behind" thing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 30, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »

• Simus has Cameyes - she can see in the IR spectrum normally. Guess what spectrum the lasers are in?
((Um, why would the laser radiate radiation any direction other than the one it was pointed in? This ain't Star Wars. And those never really act like lasers anyways...))

((Considering we use continuous-beam lasers (no idea why other than that's the stereotypical laser weapon, a pulsed laser would be much more effective - if not as impressive, blasting craters and shooting holes rather than slicing or cutting) and are in an atmosphere, there would be some scattering from the beam - not enough to attenuate it, not at this distance - but enough to likely be seen if you had an IR filter on. Same principle as to why you can see the beam of the lasers that a lot of amateur astronomers use.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:52 pm »

((Considering we use continuous-beam lasers (no idea why other than that's the stereotypical laser weapon, a pulsed laser would be much more effective - if not as impressive, blasting craters and shooting holes rather than slicing or cutting) and are in an atmosphere, there would be some scattering from the beam - not enough to attenuate it, not at this distance - but enough to likely be seen if you had an IR filter on. Same principle as to why you can see the beam of the lasers that a lot of amateur astronomers use.))
((Oh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 30, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »

Someone tried to laser someone else over putting a glass cannon of a thermonuclear cannon on a base that would be horrendously inefficient as well as incredibly dangerous which at that point caused massive damage to both Artie's involved?

Man, at least my last action in lasering  the control panel wasn't as bad as that, sorry about that, by the way.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 30, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »

Someone tried to laser someone else over putting a glass cannon of a thermonuclear cannon on a base that would be horrendously inefficient as well as incredibly dangerous which at that point caused massive damage to both Artie's involved?

Man, at least my last action in lasering  the control panel wasn't as bad as that, sorry about that, by the way.
We forgive you. It's happened to most of us.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »

Someone tried to laser someone else their commanding officer over putting a glass cannon of a thermonuclear cannon that fires shells the size of Grate on a base that would be horrendously inefficient as well as incredibly dangerous which at that point caused massive damage to both Artie's involved? and instead hit a volatiles tank that exploded and killed the shooter and seriously damaged the CO?

((Fixed that for you.

Still, it is worse than you lasering the Blackship's control panel.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 30, 2014, 11:05:01 pm »

Mm, did my character just fade away or did one of you take up on the characters promise to kill him? Because I'm thinking of getting back in once I've figured out how many turns have gone by.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 30, 2014, 11:54:35 pm »

Someone tried to laser a power mad robot over being electrocuted for agreeing to replace a gauss cannon that fires shells the size of Grate on a base that would be highly mobile as well as incredibly dangerous and instead hit a volatiles tank that exploded and killed the shooter and seriously damaged the power mad robot?

((Fixed that for you.

Still, it is worse than you lasering the Blackship's control panel.)

((Fixed that for you.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 31, 2014, 12:03:06 am »

Someone tried to laser a power mad robot over being electrocuted for agreeing to replace a gauss cannon that fires shells the size of Grate on a base that would be highly mobile as well as incredibly dangerous and instead hit a volatiles tank that exploded and killed the shooter and seriously damaged the power mad robot?

((Fixed that for you.

((Fixed that for you.))
((Why does it matter that she's a robot? That's just prejudiced.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 31, 2014, 08:04:03 am »

Mm, did my character just fade away or did one of you take up on the characters promise to kill him? Because I'm thinking of getting back in once I've figured out how many turns have gone by.
((I don't think anyone's threatened to kill you, but I don't even know who your character is and have only vague guesses of how many of his original limbs he still possesses.))

((Fixed that for you.
((Fixed that for you.))
((So, you shot Simus for Steve electrocuting you? And you didn't agree, or rather you only technically agreed...and didn't agree to her conditions.
And, again, Simus had no control over the electrocution. You should have shot Steve for that.))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 31, 2014, 08:41:52 am »

((Simus ordered the electrocution and steve informed auron of that over the PA system. Saying "She has the power to electrocute you" is pretty damn clear what happened.

She told me to replace the weapon, i told her to fetch a suitable replacement. How did i not agree?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:41 am »

((Pfft. Dammit, Mesk! XD))

"Какого...?! AAAAAH! GetthefuckoffamyfacewhatthehellI'mgoingtoGRAAH!"

Anton, after a brief freakout, tosses the appendage away from himself. "Твою мать! Whose idea of a prank is this? Whoever you are, I hope you're still connected!"

Toss the self-propelled hand away. Flip the safety on the Red Hand, and tase the thing until it stops moving.

((Apologies in advance to Grate if I toss the hand at him before trying to tase it. Or if I just hit him by accident. Anton's never really managed to hit any enemy he's been ever aiming for, so...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 31, 2014, 09:06:25 am »

((Simus ordered the electrocution and steve informed auron of that over the PA system. Saying "She has the power to electrocute you" is pretty damn clear what happened.

She told me to replace the weapon, i told her to fetch a suitable replacement. How did i not agree?))
Quote from: Simus>Steve
Don't spare the shock implant if you feel like it.
((She's not saying "Shock him!", she's saying "Shocking may be in order. I trust your judgement on the matter.
And you argued with Simus long and hard about when and with what you would change the cannon.))

((Apologies in advance to Grate if I toss the hand at him before trying to tase it. Or if I just hit him by accident. Anton's never really managed to hit any enemy he's been ever aiming for, so...))
((Where are you, again?))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:40 am »

((I argued against removing the cannon without an available replacement, i was all for replacing it but Simus started out wanting my beetletank disarmed completely.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:12 am »

((Guys. Shhhh. Pointless OOC argument is pointless.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 243