Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139369 times)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2018, 06:09:01 pm »

Is there a way to stop prepared food from rotting, other than stockpiles and carrying it?
And also, is there a way to put books in bookcases?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:30:35 pm by adamkad1 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2018, 10:09:39 am »

'p'ut it there.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 27, 2018, 02:03:50 pm »

unfortuantelly, constructed bookcases (fort mode or adv build mode) do not show on put menu. Item bookcases do, but since the books are artifacts, and putting them in a dropped container counts as dropping them, which makes artifacts zonk to a random place in the zone when you leave the zone

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2018, 02:14:31 pm »

on another note, if anyone cares to use advfort besides getting a fancy armor and stuff, i made a bunch of things to get over things advfort cant do/doesnt work

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2018, 06:47:20 pm »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »

I mean it was only like 6 days
Yeah but most of relevant things is old af

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2020, 06:57:26 pm »

Does it still work?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 27, 2020, 04:58:11 am »

Does it still work?

Afaik there was an issue with one version of twbt but other than that it should be working okay. Is there anything you are trying to do and it not working?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 28, 2020, 03:10:41 am »

works pretty well for me (with the usual caveats about smelting and other missing reactions).  i like using it to make more interesting adventurer camps

my hot adventuring tip is you can carry a lot more food without being weighed down if you use a kitchen to cook it into meals, instead of carrying the plain meat/prepared yadda/etc

you can also make a nice little garbage disposal by channeling out a row next to a wall, creating campfires at the bottom, and then [t]hrowing your junk in from above

i haven't played with digging much (took me literal months and several dead adventurers to find a pick without just spawning one with dfhack), but i have found that digging upwards doesn't seem to work (like, if you're a dumbass and accidentally channel down twice, and don't have the climbing skill to just climb out)... but i managed to fast-travel away and back again and was fine, so i stopped thinking about it

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 28, 2020, 04:21:08 am »

works pretty well for me (with the usual caveats about smelting and other missing reactions).  i like using it to make more interesting adventurer camps

my hot adventuring tip is you can carry a lot more food without being weighed down if you use a kitchen to cook it into meals, instead of carrying the plain meat/prepared yadda/etc

you can also make a nice little garbage disposal by channeling out a row next to a wall, creating campfires at the bottom, and then [t]hrowing your junk in from above

i haven't played with digging much (took me literal months and several dead adventurers to find a pick without just spawning one with dfhack), but i have found that digging upwards doesn't seem to work (like, if you're a dumbass and accidentally channel down twice, and don't have the climbing skill to just climb out)... but i managed to fast-travel away and back again and was fine, so i stopped thinking about it
have you tried looking up then activating digging by hitting enter? though if you dug down twice you could have just dug an up down stair to the side and got out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 29, 2020, 03:25:41 am »

have you tried looking up then activating digging by hitting enter?

hmm, no, i didn't try that. i was able to dig an up-stair to one side, then standing on the up-stair, tried digging an up-down-stair above me, and it wasn't working. but it's very plausible that i did something dumb (accidentally digging a down-stair, then trying to dig an up-down stair above it, seems like exactly the sort of dumbass thing i might have done without realising...) i didn't try for long before i discovered i could just fast-travel out, and i haven't been digging again since, but when i do, i'll try using look to place the cursor instead of just digging-in-a-direction, thanks!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 29, 2020, 04:20:58 am »

have you tried looking up then activating digging by hitting enter?

hmm, no, i didn't try that. i was able to dig an up-stair to one side, then standing on the up-stair, tried digging an up-down-stair above me, and it wasn't working. but it's very plausible that i did something dumb (accidentally digging a down-stair, then trying to dig an up-down stair above it, seems like exactly the sort of dumbass thing i might have done without realising...) i didn't try for long before i discovered i could just fast-travel out, and i haven't been digging again since, but when i do, i'll try using look to place the cursor instead of just digging-in-a-direction, thanks!

Yeah i've done a bad job explaining how to do targeted digging. I'll try to revisit this tool soon.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 29, 2020, 06:09:52 am »

a thing that took me a long time to figure out was how, with workshops, the tile that you start building in will become the top-left tile of the workshop. but if that tile of that particular workshop is a move-blocking tile, you won't be able to finish building while you're standing on it (the job will keep suspending).  so if you start such a workshop using '5' (build at current location), you'll have to move to another tile once it suspends and continue building from there.  thinking about it now, i guess it can be trivially avoided if you just always build your workshops using '6', '3', or '2', so that you're definitely not standing on it...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31