Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 73527 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 27
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2013, 10:02:12 am »

So Passion is awake enough.  Time to use this conversation for real now.

"Are you well?"

"I'm cool, bro.  Hey, it's lunchtime- what say we get some grub?"

"A nice crisp salad would set me right."

"Rabbit food, bro?  Lame-o.  A burger would be totally righteous."

"That stuff will kill you."

"Ain't killed me yet, yo!"

Go get lunch!  Find a nice cafe that serves healthy salads and unhealthy burgers. Logic will carry Passion if he's not awake enough to move.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn 29
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »

Go into the building.

[5v5] That’s inconclusive. You slither towards the building before getting attacked by a worm-thing with weird wingy tentacle things. Huh.

Prepare for a subturn!

Wake up.

"What's going on? Where am I?"

You are being moved into an ambulance, scanned, etc.

[2] And you are not mutating.

"Hm... Kill somethin'? Well..." Rick shrugged as he went to go check out what exactly he's suppose to attack. "If'in this will help you I suppose..." His voice was rather unsure, although how he's making this sound is even more unsure because he has a worm head. Best not to dwell on such things though.

[5v5] That’s inconclusive. You creep forward and slither over a flat creature. It looks like a flat, gold-furred thingy with a tail, a feline leg, and a furry arm. That’s it! Kill it!

Prepare for a subturn!

-----

Use my right to a phone call to phone up my lawyer and ask her to get over here and represent me and stuff. Make damn sure to keep self blindfolded during the meeting with her if she's available.

[5] You call up your girlfriend/lawyer. She says she’ll be over “right away”.

[4] You yawn. You feel something ticklish inside your mouth. Feeling it, it seems to be a rubbery extra mouth with a jagged edge.

Punch a teller IN THE FACE. If anyone pulls a gun, teleport it out of their hands.

[1v4] You punch a wall near the teller. “OW!”

“Um...can I help--”

[2v2] You punch closer to the teller.

“Um, your sheet is--”

[3v5] You punch quite close to her, but she’s avoiding it. She slams on some kind of Panic Button. Which is not a gun, and teleporting it to you wouldn’t have helped.

[5] You shake your first, causing the water cooler to shake.

So Passion is awake enough.  Time to use this conversation for real now.

{s}"Are you well?"

"I'm cool, bro.  Hey, it's lunchtime- what say we get some grub?"

"A nice crisp salad would set me right."

"Rabbit food, bro?  Lame-o.  A burger would be totally righteous."

"That stuff will kill you."

"Ain't killed me yet, yo!"

(It helps if you remove the s...)

Go get lunch!  Find a nice cafe that serves healthy salads and unhealthy burgers. Logic will carry Passion if he's not awake enough to move.

“Hey, Passion, wake up...life...lunch...food...unhealthy burgers?”

[3+1] “Burgers? Unhealthy burgers? Wha?”

With this, the two yous stumble out towards the rescue teams.

[5,3;6,3] Oh, wow. That’s absurd. Anyways, Passion feels weak but Logic feels strong.

-----

attempt to shank the guy with my broken bottle until he leaves or is wounded to such an extent that he is forced to leave, pay for my beer and buy some pretzels to snack on.

[3v4] You miss. [1v6] He trips over a chair and knocks himself out on your head. [2] You are knocked out.

[1]

(wait, I can speak in tongues?)

Tell the doctor in ancient Greek the story of Medusa.

You babble at him. You think you might have been babbling in Greek about Medusa, but you might have been babbling in every language from Afrikaans to Yiddish about some recipies for blanket snakes.

[3] You grow pale. Really pale.

The worm thing was airborne, no way he could keep up with it now. And he felt the sudden need to sow discontent amongst Americans, despite this being strictly a retrieval mission. With this in mind, he goes looking for the kind of rural people who might harbor anti-institutional sentiments, that live in the woods. The CEO probably wouldn't get mad for him taking a little initiative before extraction.

[3] You locate signs of a rural road. Signs of not-civilization?

[6] Ooh, this is useful...but only notable around other people.

-----

Final statuses and NPC Actions are waiting for the Subturn.

-----

New thing: The Subturn! To be used when there may need to be some detailed interactions that can’t be handled in the several-minutes-a-turn structure of the rest of the game. Currently, the conflict between the Xants!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 29: First Subturn
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »

Flip it under me. Use power absorbed from the sun to crush it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2013, 10:17:41 pm »

"Wha-what in tarnations is that thing?" Rick just managed to drawl out before mortal combat started. "Cripes, what in tha world!?" Rick attempts to lead the thing towards a source of water, then use said water lethally, probably by creating a bubble of water around its head forcing it down into its lungs. While at it, use the water to hold it down if there's enough. Attempt to use hidden power of Moderately Usefulness!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn 29a
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:40 pm »

Flip it under me. Use power absorbed from the sun to crush it.
"Wha-what in tarnations is that thing?" Rick just managed to drawl out before mortal combat started. "Cripes, what in tha world!?" Rick attempts to lead the thing towards a source of water, then use said water lethally, probably by creating a bubble of water around its head forcing it down into its lungs. While at it, use the water to hold it down if there's enough. Attempt to use hidden power of Moderately Usefulness!
[5v1]
[5] There is a pond nearby, [2v1] which Rick fails to shove Xan into but Xan accidentally hops into by himself. Xan rights himself, shaking his wet hair.
[3v3]
[2v4+1] Xan feels tendrils of water grab at him, but bursts right through them and [1v6] soars straight into a tree, stunning him. Rick, for his part, somehow manages to trip as he dodges.
[5v5-1] Rick grabs Xan and drags him into the water.
[2v2] Why so many initiative ties?
[4v2+1] Rick forces water to grab Xan. [6] He manages to avoid drowning, but he can't breathe or move much.

And that's enough combat for this subturn.

Rick: [2] No mutations.
Xan: [2+2,4;3+1;1] (Why does some variation of this mutation keep coming up?) Xan coughs up a mixture of sonic blast and poison gas.

-----

NPC Actions:
Some test subjects gather over in a makeshift base. They'll be receiving the last dose of the mutagenic serum, the most...refined. Maybe this will improve their image once and for all? One hopes so, since it's kinda in the toilet right now.

-----

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

-----

Chances are that this will be the last batch, unless y'all somehow gather a new bunch of mutagens or something. Hence, sign up now or don't expect a spot!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »

wake up and kick the guy in the nuts, buy and consume pretzels whilst drinking my beer.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »

Grab him with my prehensile tail and maul him with my various arms. Secrete numbing slime all over him. Consume him.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:07:21 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:48 pm »

Meet with lawyer, discuss the case while blindfolded, ask if I should plead insanity or inform them of my condition and bank on that.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

Continue using water powers to drown the strange creature, trying to create intense pressure on it from the water while also still trying to force the water inside the creature's lungs. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »

God dammit.

Walk over and get myself a cup of water. Toss the cup away, and throw the water at someone. Anyone. Maybe a security guard or something.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 30, 2013, 05:17:26 am »

-->

Is there really anything to do at this point?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 30, 2013, 07:29:25 am »

Name: For M. Al
Description: A tall, lean man dressed up in a suit and tie.
Bio: Sent here by the Gen TL Man organization, more out of common courtesy as the last experiments had failed drastically rather than to benefit themselves directly. Basically he's just another faceless, mindless drone brainwashed by the company.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 30, 2013, 08:18:50 am »

Forget the rescue teams, there is lunch to be had!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 30, 2013, 12:26:35 pm »

Oh, well. I was hoping to run into those two yokels in that cabin that someone bumped into earlier.

Mr. Normal, heartened by the pickup tracks he found, continues searching for American rural people in these woods who might harbor anti-government feelings.

Name: For M. Al
Description: A tall, lean man dressed up in a suit and tie.
Bio: Sent here by the Gen TL Man organization, more out of common courtesy as the last experiments had failed drastically rather than to benefit themselves directly. Basically he's just another faceless, mindless drone brainwashed by the company.

If Mr. Normal survives long enough, this might get very interesting :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 27
« Reply #404 on: April 30, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »

Noticed this, gonna try it out.

Name:James "sunflower" Tatar
Description:a man who smells like manure and soil, grows his own Cannabis, and is A pure bred hippy, the government kidnapped him and used him for testing, He at the time is lighting some joint calling it "happy magical stuff", He also has some paper and A about thirteen leafs of magic.

Bio:6 ft 4ft 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Err.. does this count?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35