Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909713 times)

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ - for df.40.24 - V.006 - 2015 (the smaller new mod)
« Reply #615 on: May 02, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »

Guilds are in, but the new dfhack doesnt allow the same functionality that the old one did with with truetransform. I can make a guildhall, but it ignores genders. :/

Edit: Fixed that by using reaction categories. Just made a female and a male reaction each, but the player has to micromanage that and can abuse it to gender-switch his dwarves.

On a sidenote, reaction categories and descriptions are NICE!. Like, seriously, NICE.

Sex changes now possible in DF?

All military dwarfs will be female and all will be given a baby as shield.

Armok's will shall be done!

Volke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 02, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »

On a sidenote, reaction categories and descriptions are NICE!. Like, seriously, NICE.
As a player, this is one of the most welcome additions: actually being able to know exactly (or roughly) what a reaction does, so I don't have to experiment to figure it out.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 03, 2016, 03:42:38 am »

Guilds are in, but the new dfhack doesnt allow the same functionality that the old one did with with truetransform. I can make a guildhall, but it ignores genders. :/

Edit: Fixed that by using reaction categories. Just made a female and a male reaction each, but the player has to micromanage that and can abuse it to gender-switch his dwarves.

Yes I love reactions categories and descriptions. There should be enough ingame help to avoid confusion.

Dfhack has a lot of new features but some easy stuff has been replaced by heavier scripting on my side. Turns out syndromes and interactions are broken again, so it is for the best if I go an extra mile and brute force it with script.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:45:59 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #618 on: May 03, 2016, 04:24:39 am »

As a player, this is one of the most welcome additions: actually being able to know exactly (or roughly) what a reaction does, so I don't have to experiment to figure it out.
For me it means less work on a manual, yeah, but now I'm 1323 custom reactions that need a description. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 04, 2016, 03:44:42 pm »

New update to Masterwork Reborn? With all the some things added after the original MWDF? Like giant trees? This friday?

So, here comes my university assignment :V I guess I'll have to improvise, because one thing is sure - I'm going to disappear from the world like 20 minutes after you'll post it :D

I just hope it will be as awesome as I imagine it.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 04, 2016, 06:15:21 pm »

New update to Masterwork Reborn? With all the some things added after the original MWDF? Like giant trees? This friday?

So, here comes my university assignment :V I guess I'll have to improvise, because one thing is sure - I'm going to disappear from the world like 20 minutes after you'll post it :D

I just hope it will be as awesome as I imagine it.

It is my understanding that the friday release won't include a lot of things you may know from the old MW version. I believe for all the extra CIVs to not be implemented yet, for instance (automatons, jotuns, underground civs, ...). Personally I think of the friday release as a MW-light version, with the generic materials (YAY!), fortress defense and perhaps other mods easily configurable in the launcher UI (YAY!!!) and perhaps some additions to dwarf mode (YAY!!!!).

Perhaps Meph can shed some light on what we'll actually be getting on friday? What will be included, what won't? Just in broad strokes perhaps, so we have an idea :-)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #621 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:33 pm »

Roughly this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the succubi content you have to ask Boltgun.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 04, 2016, 06:37:00 pm »

It seems a bit weird to have two completely different game mechanics that both happen to be writing scripts for libraries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #623 on: May 04, 2016, 06:47:38 pm »

It seems a bit weird to have two completely different game mechanics that both happen to be writing scripts for libraries.
To change my old system, I'd first have to see a vanilla library first. I have no idea how they work. Same with all the new labors/skills related to scholars. They seem a bit less accessable than the other skills.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:00 pm »

Vanilla libraries are like historical libraries, which is to say, philosophers discussing pythagoras' theorem or whatever. Units will sometimes head in there as leisure activity and read things. This can get pretty fun if you have any secret-bearing texts within.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #625 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »

I saw the quires, book binding, etc reactions. Apparently books require written-upon quires, but there is no reaction to write on them. I assume that scholars do that randomly, in worldgen, etc?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 04, 2016, 07:47:53 pm »

Scribes do it when they have something to copy and scholars do it when they have something to write, yeah.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #627 on: May 04, 2016, 07:48:00 pm »

I saw the quires, book binding, etc reactions. Apparently books require written-upon quires, but there is no reaction to write on them. I assume that scholars do that randomly, in worldgen, etc?
scholars assigned to a library will sometimes write on a quire or copy an existing book to a new quire. What they write depends on their interests and skills

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #628 on: May 05, 2016, 08:50:52 am »

So I've been playing a fort for 3 or so years now and have not seen any goblins. I've made sure to embark next to goblins; I even checked in Legends Viewer and a few tiles away from me is a goblin dark fortress with some 15000 goblins... However, they never attacked. No child snatching, no ambushes, no sieges. I've been reading the wiki and found this http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ambush :
"Currently, as of v0.42.04, goblin ambushes do not happen due to it being removed from the raw. Sieges still do occur after your fortress exceeds the population of 80 though."

This got me thinking the reason for that unwanted peace might be something that has nothing to do with me. I'm not sure if you're aware of such a thing Meph, and what it takes to fix it, but I thought I might mention it. I'm really looking forward to finally having to fight again in masterwork, vanilla just doesn't offer much in the way of dying horribly as it stands. Only one FB and one cyclops in 3 years, not a single goblin. Not even the elves came back after I offered them half a forest. It's so peaceful, I hate it. :)

Edit: Damn, you're a day early son. Well done!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #629 on: May 05, 2016, 10:15:23 am »

Thanks for the reminder Meph, I'll check this new version out ASAP! I was actually looking for something to do this morning, so this is great timing.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 166