Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911443 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #675 on: May 08, 2016, 02:01:29 am »

So, I managed to get my fort in between 4 towers. Necromancers galore, or so you would think. So far I think only one tower is sending actual undead. The others send undead winemen and icemen when I get the "Dead Walk" warning. It would be kinda interesting, except winemen and icemen drop all gear the moment they walk onto the map and physically the winemen die from a push, while the icemen can be hacked to pieces easily with a training axe. They also fail to leave corpses on death. Just a pool of enchanted wine, or nothing at all for the icemen.

I also have the components of a hacked apart bloodman wandering that map that were reanimated, but are showing as friendly.

I think something may be off with the necromancers.

Edit: Okay, this time I saw the actual necromancer, who was in fact a cryomancer. So, I guess it is intended for the *mancers to bring strange stuff. you might want them to keep their gear on though.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:04:56 am by cerevox »

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 08, 2016, 02:16:41 am »

I'm wondering if the children cap is working as intended. It's set to 10:20 (default) in masterwork. In my current fort I do however have 34 kids and 43 adults; so like 40% kids? That doesn't sound right. No babies are being born though; they are all damn migrants... You know, when that cheesemaker lady comes along and brings her 5 succesful dwarven sons along!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #677 on: May 08, 2016, 03:08:06 am »

Hey Meph, what ISP do you use? You're always on the move, what kid of data plan do you have?
Whats an ISP? And I dont have a data plan.

-towers-
I let IndigoFenix know, its part of his mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 08, 2016, 03:33:58 am »

Hey Meph, what ISP do you use? You're always on the move, what kid of data plan do you have?
Whats an ISP? And I dont have a data plan.
Internet Service Provider
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #679 on: May 08, 2016, 03:35:31 am »

Oh... I'm officially homeless, so I guess I dont have one. But the flat I live in atm has UnityMedia.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 08, 2016, 06:56:39 am »

Would you mind adding version numbers to your releases? It is really hard to decide if I want to update later on, if I am not really sure what release I am on.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:12:22 am by mglarev »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #681 on: May 08, 2016, 07:15:07 am »

It has a version number, 1.00. Its below the download button and on dffd.

Or did you mean the thread title and/or rar file?

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 08, 2016, 07:27:09 am »

Ah, sorry. I meant in the file name, such that it unpacks to a directory with the version number.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 08, 2016, 08:32:02 am »

I'm wondering if the children cap is working as intended. It's set to 10:20 (default) in masterwork. In my current fort I do however have 34 kids and 43 adults; so like 40% kids? That doesn't sound right. No babies are being born though; they are all damn migrants... You know, when that cheesemaker lady comes along and brings her 5 succesful dwarven sons along!

Caps never applied to incoming migrants. You can set it to 0:0 and still get kids and rarely babies. They won't be born, though.

Also, that is vanilla functionality. Nothing you can change in the *.ini is specific to any mod. Well, I suppose TWBT uses custom print mode options.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 08, 2016, 08:36:12 am »

Caps never applied to incoming migrants. You can set it to 0:0 and still get kids and rarely babies. They won't be born, though.

Also, that is vanilla functionality. Nothing you can change in the *.ini is specific to any mod. Well, I suppose TWBT uses custom print mode options.

Thanks for clarifying! Was thinking the setting from the launcher was somehow not correctly applied. Never had this many kids in my fort, though^^
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 08, 2016, 11:11:22 am »

You could always double check to ini to make sure it applied it correctly, but as was said, it doesn't really affect migrants.

Boodz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 08, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Hi meph.

Thanks for all your work, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I found your fix for the excluded animals on kobold embark, but I think weapons are possibly excluded too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #687 on: May 08, 2016, 05:08:22 pm »

Hi meph.

Thanks for all your work, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I found your fix for the excluded animals on kobold embark, but I think weapons are possibly excluded too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
You did nothing wrong.

Kobolds have no access to metals, and therefore no access to weapons. You have to make your own, from horn or bone.

Boodz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 08, 2016, 05:27:03 pm »

Hi meph.

You did nothing wrong.

Kobolds have no access to metals, and therefore no access to weapons. You have to make your own, from horn or bone.

Ah thanks for the info! Still getting used to the new 'bolds!! ;)

I love what you've done with them btw.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 08, 2016, 06:00:01 pm »

Hi meph.

You did nothing wrong.

when i "plan embark carefully" it had 2 tungsten hatchets in the list (300 points each)... but i removed them in the hope to pick some cheaper stuff myself... but ya no weapons or hatchets etc in the list (training weapons were shown) to pick. but seems that is supposed to be so.

overall the kobolds seem to have it pretty bad in world gen... they always seem to have just 50-500 people... and when i select their civ on the worldmap at embark they never showed up "owning" areas...
my embark people are all 5-9 years old too... so i guess most just die of old age in world gen? (my world gens are just 200 years old, some with fortress def easy races some without)
i would guess they breed way more and end up overall with more pop than other races (10000+), but they end up with under 1000 mostly at 200 years.
the one i embarked on at has:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
some of these numbers though.... 25k necromancers, 47k vampires, 23k titans...

and here 2 other:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:05:32 pm by Nelia Hawk »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 166