Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909729 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #720 on: May 10, 2016, 06:10:45 am »

Curious Meph. Will Teas and Juices make a comback for the kobolds as an alternate drink source to water, and that cursed, tipsy brain making dwarven brew?
Teas require water to be made, so its not really an alternative, but I can try getting juices going, once I make a list of available fruits.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 10, 2016, 12:18:17 pm »

Ok, now I am officially really angry ...
I don't know what else could it be than bug.

http://imgur.com/a/m0iAN

First screenshot - my fortress. All the wall construction orders are active (not suspended).
Second screenshot - yeah, my dwarfs are really overworked. They are staying like that for a half of a month. No burrows, all works active in Dwarf Therapist. The diggers keep digging only because they continue an active order from before the game gets buggy - if they finish this assignment, they'll get No Job too. The same with stoneworker, who is currently constructing a very big bridge. Also I am not sure what is going on with nest boxes, but in their cases it might be just my lack of experience, because it's like first time I experiment with them... six nest boxes, three diferrent species of egg-laying creatures, and all nest boxes are unclaimed.

PS. After I relaunched the game, all dwarf got back to work INSTANTLY.
PS2. Tell me what I messed up ;_;
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:24:19 pm by Mirrond »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 10, 2016, 01:38:09 pm »

I would just type "workNow 1" into DFHack and see if that works.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 10, 2016, 02:34:08 pm »

No noticable difference, unfortunately. Also, my dwarfs recently started ignoring certain works (mainly finishing touches to one of my towers and gate) for like half of year. Construction permanently inactive but not suspended, they have access, but they aren't doing anything.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 10, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »

Orthogonal access? I think buildings still can't be built diagonally.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 10, 2016, 02:42:17 pm »

Orthogonal access? I think buildings still can't be built diagonally.
It's weird. I've seen buildings built diagonally, but only when there is also orthogonal access.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 10, 2016, 02:50:16 pm »

No, normal access.

Wait... is that possible... yes it is! After whole year of No Job and gate/tower laying unfinished, the dwarfs suddenly finished it. And now it no job again, even though there is another tower I ordered them to build.

I surrender unconditionally. The fight against the Great Minds of the Dwarfs is too much for a measly man like myself :V I'll go play some filthy mainstream fps or something. I'll try again after next version of MDF Reborn :V

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:14 pm »

Ok well, I have downloaded and re-downloaded the game and genned and re-genned worlds and I cannot get the ability to embark with kobolds at all.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #728 on: May 10, 2016, 07:17:42 pm »

Ok well, I have downloaded and re-downloaded the game and genned and re-genned worlds and I cannot get the ability to embark with kobolds at all.
Did you try turning off dwarves/succubi? And if that didnt help, did you turn off skulking for kobolds? Skulking makes a civ hidden.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 10, 2016, 07:50:00 pm »

Kobold embark works fine for me, with Dwarfs and Succubi disabled for fort mode but otherwise straight out of the package.  Although, indeed, the civ name was not visible in the world map pre-embark (due to skulking i guess?).

Aside: Error in the dfHack terminal
Code: [Select]
Detected spatter add reactions - enabling plugin.
The plugin is disabled.
Autonestbox stopped.
Loading script at PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init
Error loading script
((repeat previous four lines))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #730 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »

dfhack stuff is harmless, leftover from PeridexisErrants StarterPack. I copied the dfhack from there, because he had it set up already, but I did not include his commands for the PyLNP, since I have my own UI.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:20 pm »

Alright, I'm puzzled as all hell. I started up a Kobold Fort, slowed down to 1/4 speed so I can get used to all the new stuff. Killed off all me spare male Jack Rats, and now I want my hunter to start hunting.

The Hunter labour is active. He has a quiver, and Bone Blowdarts, and a Blowgun. However, he refuses to hunt. It says in his equipment "Missing Weapon of Crossbow Skill Type". I'm assuming this is a bug, as Kobolds are not supposed to have crossbows from the start, and can only get them when they beat back a siege. Any input on this little conundrum?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #732 on: May 11, 2016, 02:20:23 am »

Seems hunting doesnt accept any ranged weapons, but only crossbows. I can add tiny crossbows to kobolds, but hontestly, who uses hunting labor to hunt? You send out your military to kill animals.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 11, 2016, 02:25:20 am »

Seems hunting doesnt accept any ranged weapons, but only crossbows. I can add tiny crossbows to kobolds, but hontestly, who uses hunting labor to hunt? You send out your military to kill animals.

*raises hand, looking around the classroom.*  Um..am I the only one? I kinda just like its automation.

I also played around with it for a bit longer and my kobold actually used his blowgun to kill a pair or rabbits....but he had no hunting labor and was not military.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 11, 2016, 02:50:35 am »

I have been hunting with bows so perhaps blowguns are not working.

Ps I give my hunters armor and let them do their job, instant outdoor security.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 166