Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909716 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2016, 04:07:53 am »

I have been hunting with bows so perhaps blowguns are not working.

Ps I give my hunters armor and let them do their job, instant outdoor security.
Stupid question, but how do you give them armor? I thought enabling hunting labor has its own uniform and they drop every military gear?

I'll add bows to kobolds for hunting. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2016, 07:40:35 am »

dfhack stuff is harmless, leftover from PeridexisErrants StarterPack. I copied the dfhack from there, because he had it set up already, but I did not include his commands for the PyLNP, since I have my own UI.

That reminds me, is his one of the utilities you have to wait for before you can update or no? He said on the reddit he can't update for two weeks because of some university project.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2016, 07:42:52 am »

No.

Its dfhack and therapist mostly.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There seems to be some sort of problem with the details option for the mechanic's workshop. There are brick options but I think those are different from the bricks that we make from the brick oven. The bricks showed up in the details of the furniture workshop, but not the mechanic's. Perhaps it needs another reaction to make mechanisms from blocks. Honestly, I don't even know why I want to make mechanisms out of blocks.   

Also, on an unrelated note. Can you add details for the Stonecrafter's Shop? Otherwise, they're just making things out of random blocks and I have to set up feeder stockpile. It's minor, but I've been spoiled by the details option.

I think these are bugs: a quire is required for the following reactions
- make set of armor (leather)
- make set of clothing (yarn)
- make set of clothing (silk)
- make set of clothing (fiber)
- unravel cloth (yarn)
- unravel cloth (silk)
- unravel cloth (plant fiber)

They are all from the Tailor's Workshop.

And finally, you can make bone leggings, greaves, gauntlets, plate gauntlets and helm. However, there are no reactions for armors, boots or shields. There are reactions to burns those though. Can we also get a reaction to make a whole set of bone armor in the Tailor's Workshop or something?

Last one, promise. The details option in the Tailor's Workshop only specifies material and not size, which would be super helpful considering the tavern/inn mercs system. 

Thanks for your work. Sorry to bug you with so many minor details. I hope these haven't been mentioned already.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2016, 01:36:52 pm »

One reaction takes Worthless-rock-only, the other takes any block. An oversight.

What do you mean with "details" for the stonecrafters shop?

Quire? Wow, that was a faulty find and replace... I fixed it, thanks. Several other reactions had a quire for no reason.

Bone reactions will be added.

Tailor size: Cant be done, I cant determine size anywhere in the raws.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »

One reaction takes Worthless-rock-only, the other takes any block. An oversight.

Quire? Wow, that was a faulty find and replace... I fixed it, thanks. Several other reactions had a quire for no reason.

The details option in the stonecrafters shop so you can specify what kind of blocks they should use for the reactions.

What's the different between the bone leggings reaction that you added that can specify size and the armor set reactions from the tailors workshop that cannot specify size? Is it some kind of 'wearable' tag? Maybe if something is marked as wearable, the game automatically allows you to specify size. Though, that might not be possible for reactions producing multiples outcome.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »

JUst wanna ask. Been laying out Traps for my Kobold fort, and I'm severely missing some of the old favourites. Will be at all see the return of the Totemhammer traps and Shrapnel traps for Kobolds?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2016, 04:56:28 pm »

The details option in the stonecrafters shop so you can specify what kind of blocks they should use for the reactions.

What's the different between the bone leggings reaction that you added that can specify size and the armor set reactions from the tailors workshop that cannot specify size? Is it some kind of 'wearable' tag? Maybe if something is marked as wearable, the game automatically allows you to specify size. Though, that might not be possible for reactions producing multiples outcome.
Both of these things are hardcoded and not accessable through modding, nor available for custom reactions. The bone reactions have it, because you add a tag to items, enabling them in vanilla workshops. But I cant do that with clothing.

JUst wanna ask. Been laying out Traps for my Kobold fort, and I'm severely missing some of the old favourites. Will be at all see the return of the Totemhammer traps and Shrapnel traps for Kobolds?
Maybe. I can certainly add them, only takes a minute. But are they truly that unique, interesting?

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2016, 05:34:28 pm »

Maybe. I can certainly add them, only takes a minute. But are they truly that unique, interesting?

maybe not, but i like everything new, even if it can be considered "feature creep" and i know how u dont want too prevent that, but one of the things i loved about ye-olde MWDF was how much content it had, even if i wasnt gonna see all of it, it was the fact that i could. like the slagpit with the gnomes, allowing you too make 20 (20!!) blocks with just 1 slag and some lye, and the archeology which is also amazing, and the drilling rig ,allowing the gathering of lava easily, and etc. like, the ammount of ranged weapons gnomes had, and the turrets and ranged shields, adjustable turrets for animals, all- war trainable animals, training wild animals, the list goes on and on, it was all very cool and made me love this game, i mean, sure i may not have played the new races, like orc, succubus, and etc, but i loved that they were there, and that they would invade, and etc. i think a recreation of MWDF , the ye-olde version, with 6x the vanilla content, in 43 or 42 or even 40, would be pretty damn amazing, but i know thats alot too ask and it is ur mod, so you can do whatever. oh, and 1 thing, why is there like, no gnomes in the most recent version? those were my favorite race, with the drilling rig that is amazing.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2016, 07:48:38 pm »

Has anyone been receiving Caravans or visitors to your tavern in Kobold mode? I have gotten the representative showing up three times so far and asking me about what I want, and telling me his aunt became Chief after the last one was assassinated, etc, but I haven't gotten any caravans or visitors to my taverns(Though the latter may be because I have only had it set up just this winter.)

If caravans do not arrive it would be more difficult for people who forget to bring fireproof materials, and the lack of adventurers ruins my idea of a foreign legion. Also of note is that the Nagas are apparently on friendly terms with me, but I have yet to receive trade caravans from them as well, but I assume that is because they are not fully implemented yet, or they do not trade anything.

Edit:Fixed broken English because I was tired and didn't look over it a second time.

Edit 2: This lack of a caravan is starting to be annoying, I have 600-ish fish and 480-ish eggs because rivers are amazing and helmet snakes can lay up to 30 eggs each, and I cannot trade these goods for furs, weapons, cloth, seeds, or gypsum for my hosital. I have an excess of goods and no one to buy them, the Kea women stealing the stacks of lavish roasts don't even annoy me any more, I might as well run a soup kitchen for the wildlife, because my 3 story granary is overflowing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:51:37 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »

Maybe. I can certainly add them, only takes a minute. But are they truly that unique, interesting?[/quote]

Personally, I think the image of Kobolds well thematically. They are the small, but crafty little ones that use anything at their disposal. At the very least I think the Totemhammer would be good. I mean, what much else will you really be doing with all of your skulls turned into totems beyond decorating or selling them off? And it fits their more tribal theme very well in my eyes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:13 pm »

Has anyone been receiving Caravans or visitors to your tavern in Kobold mode? I have gotten the representative showing up three times so far and asking me about what I want, and telling me his aunt became Chief after the last one was assassinated, etc, but I haven't gotten any caravans or visitors to my taverns(Though the latter may be because I have only had it set up just this winter.)

If caravans do not arrive it would be more difficult for people who forget to bring fireproof materials, and the lack of adventurers ruins my idea of a foreign legion. Also of note is that the Nagas are apparently on friendly terms with me, but I have yet to receive trade caravans from them as well, but I assume that is because they are not fully implemented yet, or they do not trade anything.

Edit:Fixed broken English because I was tired and didn't look over it a second time.

Edit 2: This lack of a caravan is starting to be annoying, I have 600-ish fish and 480-ish eggs because rivers are amazing and helmet snakes can lay up to 30 eggs each, and I cannot trade these goods for furs, weapons, cloth, seeds, or gypsum for my hosital. I have an excess of goods and no one to buy them, the Kea women stealing the stacks of lavish roasts don't even annoy me any more, I might as well run a soup kitchen for the wildlife, because my 3 story granary is overflowing.
If your civ is dead, it might not send caravans, and the fact that kobolds are skulking might interfere.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:46 am »

Is there orcs yet or nah?

I've got my own modded orc race based mostly from the 34. version but it's not fun with elves getting wiped out during world gen.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2016, 08:47:18 am »

I have been hunting with bows so perhaps blowguns are not working.

Ps I give my hunters armor and let them do their job, instant outdoor security.
Stupid question, but how do you give them armor? I thought enabling hunting labor has its own uniform and they drop every military gear?

I'll add bows to kobolds for hunting. :)

Made a simple uniform with leather armor and no weapon, they drop it if they go active but I never use them for proper battle. It may not work in the latest version anymore.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2016, 01:14:03 pm »

If your civ is dead, it might not send caravans, and the fact that kobolds are skulking might interfere.
Well the civ was alive from the start, it took like 6 years and now I think they might be dead because I got my last migrant wave at year 5. It's a young world, only about 25ish years I think, but I am gonna make a new world at year 10ish and see if it is just a problem with the world. Thanks for the response.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 166