Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911600 times)

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #915 on: June 08, 2016, 06:43:07 am »

Try "doors" also vermin hunters
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Uloldodok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 09, 2016, 06:07:48 am »

My DF has been hit by FPS deaths quite early with this version of masterwork, early as in 50 dwarves and a small fort after like 5 hours of gaming early.

I've noticed that it's one or more of the dfhack plugins causing the slowdown since running a "reload -all" fixes the FPS issue. Also, TWBT is throwing errors while doing this, saying it's broken even though it's still working properly.

Any idea what's causing it? Quite annoying to have to reload all the plugins and lose the search function and all the juicy UI fixes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #917 on: June 09, 2016, 11:24:32 am »

My DF has been hit by FPS deaths quite early with this version of masterwork, early as in 50 dwarves and a small fort after like 5 hours of gaming early.

I've noticed that it's one or more of the dfhack plugins causing the slowdown since running a "reload -all" fixes the FPS issue. Also, TWBT is throwing errors while doing this, saying it's broken even though it's still working properly.

Any idea what's causing it? Quite annoying to have to reload all the plugins and lose the search function and all the juicy UI fixes.
For that I'd first have to know which ones you are running. Did you enable/disable any parts of the mod? Maybe The Earth Strikes Back?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Uloldodok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 09, 2016, 12:36:04 pm »

Haven't enabled Earth Strikes Back. The only changes from "vanilla" Masterwork has been:

Stal's Armoury Pack
Terrible Weapons
Arctic Additions (Minus Jotun)
Decaying everything
Truetype Font
Mythical Monsters (Minus Hungry Ghosts)
TWBT
Small Things Mod, Pref-strings and Engravings.

Civs:
Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Goblins, Orcs, Succubi, Kobold, Naga

Invaders:
Ferric Elves, Frogmen, Stranglers, Minotaurs

Creatures: (Was untouched on first 2 FPS death forts)
Sapient Creatures, Cavern Creatures

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 09, 2016, 12:51:46 pm »

Try Decaying everything off? 

Uloldodok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 09, 2016, 12:53:44 pm »

Tried, but it had no effect on the FPS from what I could see.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 09, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »

Hmm.  I may have not seen all your posts, did you already try TWBT off, or at least less multilevels?

Uloldodok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 09, 2016, 01:03:47 pm »

Haven't posted that much here honestly, should have listed what I've tried so far. Anyways, here's what I've done.

TWBT on/off
Decaying everything on/off
All civs/invaders on/off
Truetype font on/off
Print mode 2d/standard/TWBT
Temp/Weather/caveins/invaders/liquid etc on/off
Active units 20/200, same FPS
Embark size 5x5/4x4/3x3, takes about as long to reach FPS death.
World size large/pocket - same FPS.
Standardize everything on/off
Aquifers on/off
Terrible weapons/Stals/Mythical monsters on/off

I've noticed that autochop slows things down quite terribly, but even with it off and unloaded the FPS death eventually hits so I don't believe that's the real culprit.

Srip121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2016, 05:19:10 pm »

Fairly new to the forum, but not new to DF or Masterwork. I've been away from it for a while, and when I say you made a new version, I downloaded it as soon as possible.
I'd love to play, however, I can't seem to get the Masterwork GUI to work for me. I've got the latest Microsoft Framework, yet the GUI does not load or open for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 09, 2016, 09:24:57 pm »

Is World Gen known to be particularly unstable currently? I'm getting a lot of crashes during history, or right at the end when saving the world.

Even had one crash right at the very end of saving, but still seem to have saved and be playable (although the legends exports weren't viewable by Legends Viewer...)

EDIT: Sorry, I should learn to use the search function - just seen this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158239.0 . Will try some of the suggestions and see if it helps
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:32:45 pm by baldamundo »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:27 am »

For that I'd first have to know which ones you are running. Did you enable/disable any parts of the mod? Maybe The Earth Strikes Back?

I saw this today too.  No intuition at all for what's causing it.  Almost all Settings and Mods were off, except More Leather, Wanderers Friend, and Modest More Attacks, and Aquifers.
Werebeasts and evil races off.  3 FD races on.  Printmode 2D.

FPS fell to ~2 with only 80 orcs and a modest year 3 fort.  "reload -all" seemed to boost it back up into the 100+ fps.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2016, 12:25:28 am »

Can someone post a save? I'll do some profiling to see if it's anything I can deal with (I.E. DFHack).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:01 am »

Thanks, but I didn't think to save when the spike hit.  I have a save from afterwards but I dunno if it's useful since it's not really acting up at this time.  I'll repost another day if I can get a bad one.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12128

Srip121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 10, 2016, 01:07:41 am »

Fairly new to the forum, but not new to DF or Masterwork. I've been away from it for a while, and when I say you made a new version, I downloaded it as soon as possible.
I'd love to play, however, I can't seem to get the Masterwork GUI to work for me. I've got the latest Microsoft Framework, yet the GUI does not load or open for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Did some tinkering around, and Windows says it's a compatibility issue. Anyone have a clue?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 10, 2016, 01:28:20 am »

Which version of Windows are you on?

Thanks, but I didn't think to save when the spike hit.  I have a save from afterwards but I dunno if it's useful since it's not really acting up at this time.  I'll repost another day if I can get a bad one.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12128

Yeah, I couldn't get a spike when I was trying to check it out. I also did or saw some stuff that I know causes DFHack-related spikes sometimes--birth, death--but that didn't do anything. All of the main causes of FPS death are still DF-based, which I can't make heads or tails of since I haven't properly trained in the ways of reading disassembly.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 166