Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911447 times)

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2016, 08:42:48 am »

I just downloaded:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=5315

And got Trojan warning. wtf?

Trojan:Win32/Rundas!plock

\Masterwork V1.06 (42.06)\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Utilities\Announcement Window\AnnouncementWindow.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fRundas!plock&threatid=2147711527&enterprise=0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1006 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:55 am »

I just downloaded:

\Masterwork V1.06 (42.06)\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Utilities\Announcement Window\AnnouncementWindow.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fRundas!plock&threatid=2147711527&enterprise=0
Did you read any of the posts previous to yours? It appears to be a false positive

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 22, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »

I just downloaded:

Did you read any of the posts previous to yours? It appears to be a false positive

Yes and those where regarding the "Dwarf mockup utility" not the AnnouncementWindow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2016, 01:44:24 pm »

Fair enough. At least according to Symantec and Avast, both of which I used to scan the download, there's nothing harmful in it. I'd guess that the file is being flagged because it uses some suspicious looking method to access DF's memory directly or something.

Axetibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 22, 2016, 04:27:58 pm »

So... is the Hermit race playable in the last version? It doesn't seem so, but there is still a Quickguide and one is able to pick it in the Masterwork Settings.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 22, 2016, 06:25:56 pm »

The announcement utility getting a false positive was posted in a different thread, the 1.06 update one I think. The announcement utility apparently gets hit with a false positive on a not-uncommon basis, because they do some funky unzipping procedure in its own directory while running to make it work correctly, which looks to an anti-virus like its secretly installing stuff.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2016, 11:27:25 am »

I have been playing with Fortress Defense race and they cause a ton of problem in fort when you build a tavern, because they keep destroying furniture they come across. Also it was reported that werebeast also come as visitors and attack because they are crazed.

For werebeast, perhaps this can be fixed with an ATTACK interaction that add a CRAZED syndrome? That way they are mentally stable until they first combat action?

I'm sure opposed to life civs are going to cause the same problem.

For fortress defense races I have no solution except not making a tavern.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 23, 2016, 11:57:34 am »

I have been playing with Fortress Defense race and they cause a ton of problem in fort when you build a tavern, because they keep destroying furniture they come across. Also it was reported that werebeast also come as visitors and attack because they are crazed.

For werebeast, perhaps this can be fixed with an ATTACK interaction that add a CRAZED syndrome? That way they are mentally stable until they first combat action?

I suppose you could preemptively attack them when they show up on the map.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 23, 2016, 12:08:10 pm »

"I am a mighty naga!  I exist solely to slay and murder your kind!  But right now I'm a bit tired an thirsty from my long trip, would you mind fetching me an ale?  I've heard the ale at this place is rather good."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Topodic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 23, 2016, 12:11:17 pm »

seem to have a weird problem trying to get hermit mode to work, it appears to be killing off the 7 starting dwarfs but isnt spawning the hermit, so I get the "your settlement has crumbled" message once all ur civs are dead. tried genning a new world and selecting a few different races for the hermit (goblins, dwarfs + a few animal men) but the end result is always the same.

redownloading seems to have fixed the weird file extraction problem, although it still keeps killing off the 7 dwarfs and not spawning the hermit

I'm having the exact same issue as this person. Anyone know a fix for it? Google didn't turn up much anything, sadly.
The hermit does spawn, but I get a few .lua errors in DF Hack once the reaction is called. And, as this person experienced, all seven dwarves die and I get a game over, unable to continue in the hermit mode. What's the deal?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 23, 2016, 12:19:33 pm »

seem to have a weird problem trying to get hermit mode to work, it appears to be killing off the 7 starting dwarfs but isnt spawning the hermit, so I get the "your settlement has crumbled" message once all ur civs are dead. tried genning a new world and selecting a few different races for the hermit (goblins, dwarfs + a few animal men) but the end result is always the same.

redownloading seems to have fixed the weird file extraction problem, although it still keeps killing off the 7 dwarfs and not spawning the hermit

I'm having the exact same issue as this person. Anyone know a fix for it? Google didn't turn up much anything, sadly.
The hermit does spawn, but I get a few .lua errors in DF Hack once the reaction is called. And, as this person experienced, all seven dwarves die and I get a game over, unable to continue in the hermit mode. What's the deal?
It's probably because spawn-unit isn't working 100% for 0.43.03 yet. Are you playing on that or the 0.42.06 version?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Topodic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 23, 2016, 12:38:33 pm »

I'm still playing on the 0.42.06 version, yeah. I've tried many races on the list, including animal ones, but much like the other poster, the result's always the same.

Strangely, the unit doesn't always seem to spawn, though even when it does, I still get the "Your civilization has crumbled to its end." screen. I've also tried with hermit as the only playable "race" in the configs, and tried on many different worlds, but, again, the outcome has been the same.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 23, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »

"I am a mighty naga!  I exist solely to slay and murder your kind!  But right now I'm a bit tired an thirsty from my long trip, would you mind fetching me an ale?  I've heard the ale at this place is rather good."

I'm already busy whipping all ethins and blood cyclops... well I would if I could get a military worth something that isn't bitten by a werewolf while possessed by a preta.

Masterwork with all option activated is quite something.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 24, 2016, 03:15:04 am »

Would adding Slow-learner tags to the fortress defense races fix them showing up to taverns? I've gotten a few goblin travelers but never any of their trolls.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Topodic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 24, 2016, 04:54:04 am »

Well, I decided to try again and this is the exact errors that are popping up when I try hermit mode. Still no luck.  ::)

(And yes, none of this is cut off - it really is trying to call something called ools..?)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:55:52 am by Topodic »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 166