Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911458 times)

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 21st October
« Reply #1455 on: October 28, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »

It usually is. At any rate, there's growing evidence it wasn't a fire creature showing up and touching the grass, but my Awakened One wagon-pullers going apeshit for no discernible reason and blowing up passing civilians with firey iceballs.

Said Awakened Ones were busy helping construction of a floor at the time, so it looked like they picked up a stack of wood and then detonated. Entertaining, but annoying. Any reason why they'd do that?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:54 pm »

Question: Can we... NOT allow firey things to show up as diplomats or caravan members? Because my fledgling succubus fort just died because the caravan from home brought a fire imp. Like, I can't even play past summer, because every damn time something sets the whole map on fire and kills half my fort. Half the time the ambassador herself is firey and walks straight in, immolating everything on her way to the office.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH FIRE, STOP MAKING EVERYTHING OUT OF FUCKING WOOD!
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 28, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »

IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH FIRE, STOP MAKING EVERYTHING OUT OF FUCKING WOOD!

TELL THAT TO ARMOK HE'S THE ONE WHO MADE THIS FOREST OUT OF WOOD AND GRASS FOR SOME REASON

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1458 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »

Question: Can we... NOT allow firey things to show up as diplomats or caravan members? Because my fledgling succubus fort just died because the caravan from home brought a fire imp. Like, I can't even play past summer, because every damn time something sets the whole map on fire and kills half my fort. Half the time the ambassador herself is firey and walks straight in, immolating everything on her way to the office.
Maybe... dont play the fire-based race? ^^ Its a feature. If you dislike the fires, use "weather rain" to stop them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 28, 2016, 08:11:19 pm »

I thought Succubi were immune to fire? Did that change?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:13 pm »

The grass and trees are... less immune.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 28, 2016, 09:18:43 pm »

The grass and trees are... less immune.

Yeah, but who cares about those?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:00 pm »

Succubi are only fire-immune if they go through the ritual to become that way. I hadn't even set up basic living arrangements yet.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 28, 2016, 11:28:45 pm »

Nope fire immune... I've trapped them in lava too... use to need a building... now you can just give them a fire bath whenever you want...  worse problem they won't path through fire or lava so they might run up to it, then get engulfed, then wait for the fire/lava to pass/disappear  before running out.... usually naked.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1464 on: October 29, 2016, 12:04:30 am »

It usually is. At any rate, there's growing evidence it wasn't a fire creature showing up and touching the grass, but my Awakened One wagon-pullers going apeshit for no discernible reason and blowing up passing civilians with firey iceballs.

Said Awakened Ones were busy helping construction of a floor at the time, so it looked like they picked up a stack of wood and then detonated. Entertaining, but annoying. Any reason why they'd do that?
Awakened one wagon pullers?

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 29, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »

Yup. Sure didn't see anything resembling a horse, just two awakened ones.

I've come to find awakened ones are, well, stupid. I can't seem to get one on the map without it attacking a succubus or a caravan member. They're making trading as a succubus fort impossible, because they keep turning up, picking a fight within three tiles of the edge of the map, and wiping out the entire caravan.

And now that I look closer, I think the cockatrices are doing it, too. In fact, the cockatrices might be going rogue and provoking the awakened ones, there's been a cockatrice every time this happened...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:37:48 pm by CaptainGame »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1466 on: October 29, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »

Aren't they megabeasts though? Wouldn't that explain it?

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 29, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »

I don't know for sure. All I know is that two of them turned up when I embarked.

...That said, I'm really beginning to think it's the cockatrices. I just watched one peck its goblin owner to death unprovoked.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1468 on: October 29, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

I don't know for sure. All I know is that two of them turned up when I embarked.

...That said, I'm really beginning to think it's the cockatrices. I just watched one peck its goblin owner to death unprovoked.
That's kind of weird, I'm assuming both were part of my DD creature pack addon (unless Masterwork had cockatrices before) - I'm not sure why they'd be popping up as just wild creatures though, since they're supposed to be megabeasts.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 29, 2016, 04:44:29 pm »

They're not even turning up as wild creatures, they're showing up alongside caravans and then obliterating them once they're on the map.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:43:32 pm by CaptainGame »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 166