Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 21038 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Oi, check this one:
Code: [Select]
Nation 73: Agarhamburg generated with seed -1409963518

Easy to mass hoburgs with pikes and halberds, mosquito and hawk riders(slightly inferior, but cheaper than Nefurt's), and sacred, ethereal, awesome abysians on scorpions. Drain immunity and +1 heat preference.
Drawbacks are cap-only archers(but with magical bows), bad priests and expensive temples.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

words about province defense
I decided to just go look at the mod files to see what the PD for each of our nations is. I've spoilered everything because this word be a very long post otherwise and I'm sure some of you don't care. Province defense is set in terms of units per ten PD, which is why all the numbers go to one decimal place (in other words, when I say you get 0.9 units per point of PD, it's defined in-game as nine units at ten PD).
Udostria
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nefurt

Ettles

Maelmar

Burburg

Sardarm

Not that any of this matters because all PD is basically chaff, albeit sometimes useful chaff. I will note though that Sardarm's PD is substantially better than Caelum's typical "melee units attack, then the archers murder them and force an instaroute" PD.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shhh!!! Don't tell them that! :'(

But yeah, Caelians are significantly better when they have shields and heavy armor. Especially if you find Robust ones so their HP is higher too.

On the other hand, they're pretty cool when they're fairly lightly armored and only have fist weapons, too. Especially when one fist weapon causes fear and the other resurrects killed enemies.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:23:06 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Huh, did not know where to find that info. Good to know its there. Guess I should go check it out and it means that it will take me even longer next time I do a NationGen game.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I don't think I'm going to be able to make a 26 hour turn. If I can get like 5 extra hours I should be fine. Sorry!

Never mind! A little less sleep isn't going to matter in the long run.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:49:34 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, I do need an extension. +20h please.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

Twenty hours it is! I suppose your turns are a lot more involved than anyone else's. ;D

So, I don't think I'm going to be able to make a 26 hour turn. If I can get like 5 extra hours I should be fine. Sorry!

Never mind! A little less sleep isn't going to matter in the long run.
My apologies! By the time you posted I was fast asleep. Admittedly, the fast turnover on turns means that advance notice is rather difficult.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would have been noticed in time, by the looks of it. I just knew that if I didn't do it right then I wasn't going to get to it in the next day or so.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for waiting.

Heh, Boksi has got some really bad luck with enemy flankers. At least this time these were Udostria's special troops, and not a bunch of barbarians.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

...You know, if I had remembered to give that one mage a pearl so he could've cast Power of the Spheres, the rest of the communion would've cast acid rain instead of acid bolt.

You know, at this point all I can do is do as much damage as I can because I'm out of the running. And I don't think I can be bothered to do that. I'd rather just go AI.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooooooo!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Well, I'm going to Sweden next week anyway, so I wouldn't have been able to do my turns then.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

It looks like this is the second time Burburg staled. Anything going on, Karlito? Though, given your current position I guess I wouldn't blame you for bailing.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Real life busyness/being dumb and not planning well. I got in the habit of doing my turn when I saw the 12 hour email in my mailbox, but since the deadline got moved from evening to the afternoon I'm either asleep or at work for the last 12 hours. I'll have to see whether or not it's worth continuing at this point.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

It looks like Karlito staled for the third consecutive time. Same problem as before?

I haven't really been feeling any pain from the hosting time, but does anyone want the time limit extended? We are getting later into the game, after all, and pretty much everyone is a war. I imagine Il Palazzo's turns are getting rather involved.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13