Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122815 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Brilliant! WanderingKid, you're a life saver. I turned off Norton for a minute, and it worked fine. Thanks.
It continues to amaze me that people keep using Norton. Anything but that steaming pile of... :)

@Perix: Check out this beauty by Urist DaVinci.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Brilliant! WanderingKid, you're a life saver. I turned off Norton for a minute, and it worked fine. Thanks.
It continues to amaze me that people keep using Norton. Anything but that steaming pile of... :)

It's cheap, it was the only one that could get rid of some ransomware I had at one point, and I don't have that many issues with it.  Sorry, I disagree with your opinion of the product.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile

It's cheap, it was the only one that could get rid of some ransomware I had at one point, and I don't have that many issues with it.  Sorry, I disagree with your opinion of the product.

You can never know that your computer is clean until you format & reinstall (or format & restore from known clean backups).

Using antivirus after your computer is infected is like getting a vaccine after you are infected.

DaL33T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want vanilla init files. What happened to them?! >:(

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I want vanilla init files. What happened to them?! >:(

They're in with the vanilla ASCII graphics.  It's unfortunate in this case only that the GUI now preserves settings across graphics changes, but you can just copy the files manually. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this counts as a bug report but just downloaded r55 and it is missing the lazy newb GUI exe file.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this counts as a bug report but just downloaded r55 and it is missing the lazy newb GUI exe file.

I'm not the manager of the pack, but where did you download it from? 

I had this problem with r53 when I downloaded it from the Dropbox link.  When I downloaded it from DFFD, it was fine.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have tried both the DFFD and Dropbox links, and even the magnet link!

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

I downloaded from the magnet link and my pack has that file, maybe try checking if your anti-virus deleted it or something? It is a .exe file after all...

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would check your antivirus program then.  I have downloaded r55 from the DFFD link, and it has all the needed files.  It sounds like something might be tripping a false alert, and your antivirus is eating the executable for your safety. 
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AV+firewall disabled and.... nothing from dropbox or DFFD!  :'(

Trying the magnet link now.

Edit: The Magnet link is now crashing my utorrent ><
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:58:54 am by Yarma »

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AV+firewall disabled and.... nothing from dropbox or DFFD!  :'(

Trying the magnet link now.

Edit: The Magnet link is now crashing my utorrent ><

Interesting...  When you open the zip file with your extractor, does it show the EXE in there?  There may be another issue with your setup, but its still best to work through the basics first.

Edit: I'm redownloading now from DFFD to a new directory.  I'll confirm your findings.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:08:47 am by Dragoon209 »
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Checked the zip when extracted and in 7zip, no exe anywhere. Ran the search of the files but nothing. Finally got the magnet link to work again so just checking that download now.

Edit: Magnet link gave me the exe but utorrent complained about the file. It may be that chrome was munching the exe from the download?

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think Chrome does that by default.  I just downloaded it via Chrome and the DFFD link.  I have the EXE in the Zip, and after extracting.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea what was causing it but all is working fine now. Magnet link with AV worked.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 385