Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126477 times)

Artlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for maintaining this starter pack! Great work.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm really new to DF, tried it with the LNP last year and didn't make it very far.  I decided to take another crack at it, downloaded this starter pack, so I'd have a quick and easy way to get some graphic packs and run Dwarf Therapist, which is really the only utility included that I understand.

Upon launching, DFHack automatically ran and enabled about 20 tweaks.  I don't understand what they are.  I don't want to cheat at this game, and tried to select options from the included LNP launcher that were closest, I thought, to the base game.

What are these?

monitoring: all
enabled stable cursor
enabled readable build plate
enabled stable temp (x2)
enabled fast heat (x3)
enabled fix dimensions (x5)
enabled advmode-contained
enabled fast trade (x2)
enabled military stable assign
enabled military color assign
enabled military training (x4)
enabled patrol duty
spring has arrived on your calendar
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:39:28 pm by Mathalor »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

Upon launching, DFHack automatically ran and enabled about 20 tweaks.  I don't understand what they are.  I don't really want to cheat at this game, and tried to select options from the included LNP launcher that were closest, I thought, to the base game.

What are these?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/Readme.rst#bugfixes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* "stable cursor" keeps the cursor in the same place between k/v/u/t menus, as long as you don't move the map
* "readable build plate" makes weights readable when building pressure plates (e.g. "200000" is cut off in vanilla, and this changes it to "200K").
More can be found here - tweaks are generally small bugfixes/improvements (there are some that are cheating, like clear-ghostly, but those aren't enabled in the default dfhack.init)

Edit: The reason for the identical lines is that some tweaks use multiple hooks to perform their task (for example, fix-dimensions applies to bars, powders, liquids, thread, and cloth). DFHack r4 and up display more detailed messages for each hook (e.g. "Enabled tweak fix-dimensions (dimension_cloth_hook::subtractDimension)").
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:48:17 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the responses and the link.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The reason for the identical lines is that some tweaks use multiple hooks to perform their task (for example, fix-dimensions applies to bars, powders, liquids, thread, and cloth). DFHack r4 and up display more detailed messages for each hook (e.g. "Enabled tweak fix-dimensions (dimension_cloth_hook::subtractDimension)").

You know, this is the first time that's been explained clearly to me?  Thanks!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has been updated to r56, and it's a big one!

Changelog: 
 - added Picturefort 1.0 - like Chromafort, but better.  If it works out I'll remove Chromafort in a few versions time.
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v21.8; lots of little fixes and a few small upgrades
 - added Dorven Realms R1 - a DF world map to minecraft converter. 
 - updated Legends Viwer to 1.13.11; fix for an encdoing bug and some corrupted XMLs
 - removed obsolete readme files (adding graphics packs: new version.  DT manual: now in utility folder.)
 - changed some embark keybindings: now move embark selection with 'wasd' (from 'uhmk'), resize with 'uhmk' (was 'UHMK').  More intuitive, as resizing an embark uses the same keys as resizing constructions and 'wasd' for movement is common.
 - updated Falconne's UI plugins to v0.45 - mouse tracking is now automatically disabled while linking levers

As always, you can download the latest pack here, at the secret Dropbox mirror (don't crash it please!), or on the regular torrent which will no doubt be updated soon. 

There are a few cool things coming up in the near future, too: 
 - a dfhack plugin "text will be text" that allows graphics packs to use separate tilesheets for text and graphics
 - the long-awaited stonesense overlay, which puts an isometric view in your DF window (test version)
 - dfhack r5, which will have many many upgrades
 - and of course DF2014 is coming in early July!

The first three are likely to come in r57, which I'm expecting to release in mid- to late-June. 

When DF2014 is released, I'll upload a basic pack ASAP - but don't worry if you want a stable game, because I'll keep the 0.34.11 pack around too and it will get small updates and bugfixes for a while longer. 

Have !!Fun!!, everyone!
 Donations here.

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There used to be a improvement to the layout of DwarfTherapist, but it doesn't seem to be included in this pack. It works for me when downloading Masterwork, and I've read about it some time ago when it came out. But when I downloaded r55 yesterday, the old screen was back.

Can it be a problem with my own settings, or is this something with the starterpack?

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnet for r56: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c3bb27835ebba15f0a132416fb94e729decb4948&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r56.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- updated Falconne's UI plugins to v0.45 - mouse tracking is now automatically disabled while linking levers

Kudos to everyone involved in that change, me is happy!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has received a rare double-update, r57 and r58 on the same day!

Following the upgrade to dfhack-r5 - the main point to r58 - an older version (r57) is available HERE, on dfhack-r3. 
Later packs do not include some plugins (notably stonesense), and until they are updated to match dfhack some people may wish to keep using the legacy version - this should only take a few days.  Note that this pack will not receive ANY upgrades and is thus behind on several other fronts. 

I would really appreciate any feedback (good or bad) on the new launcher, and any incompatibility with dfhack-r5; I try to check for bugs but there's limits to what I can do alone. 

The full changelog: 

r58
 - updated Picturefort to v2.1
 - removed Chromafort
The big one: 
 - updated dfhack to r5, the long-awaited update.  See the DFHack changelog here.
     This has a number of consequences - mostly dfhack-dependant components are removed until they update over the next few days.
     For this reason Starter Pack r57 will remain available for now, as the last dfhack-r3 version, to prevent anyone losing their favorite tool
 - some scripts are no longer listed; they are now included in dfhack by default and the dfhack readme covers them
 - dfterm3 (utility+plugin) removed, until the plugin is updated
 - Isoworld will not show any detailed view until the plugin is updated.  The large maps still work.
 - Stonesense removed until it is updated for dfhack-r5 (ETA "next few days")
 - DFfusion removed (legacy dfhack inclusion)
 - growthbug plugin removed pending update; provisionally replaced by fix/growthbug.rb
 - slight downgrade to Falconne's UI plugins; the ones included in dfhack-r5 are a month or so out of date
 - new plugin "embark-tools" uses 's' on embark screen, keybindings adjusted slightly to compensate (move with 'waxd' now)

r57
 - upgraded the launcher:  "Starter Pack Launcher" uses new icons, more space for graphics and utilities, clarified some names and info.  The old GUI is still available for now, because it also requires .NET 4.0 instead of 3.5 and there may be other bugs.  They should be completely interchangeable.
 - updated Falconne's UI plugins to v47; dwarf monitor now shows current date and weather in the border, buildingplanner allows you to assign a room to a position rather than person (eg will assign to the new mayor if that changes)
 - added dfhack script feeding-timers; experimental but it's meant to fix the common failure to give lifesaving food or water to unconscious dwarves
 Donations here.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

r57: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:89f697cc5f2116e165f244fccb1ca2a8b2ec2515&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r57.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

r58: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c8261c0351528fb1b395d14a007b668380b5c476&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r58.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- slight downgrade to Falconne's UI plugins; the ones included in dfhack-r5 are a month or so out of date

Can I manually update the ui plugin to use the latest version or is it not compatible with dfhack r5?  Confused on why they downgraded it.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Falconne has not built versions of his UI plugins for DFHack r5 yet, although they should be compatible. Some come with DFHack r5 by default, but are less up-to-date than his versions (for r3).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Falconne has not built versions of his UI plugins for DFHack r5 yet, although they should be compatible. Some come with DFHack r5 by default, but are less up-to-date than his versions (for r3).

Ahhh ok.  That makes more sense.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 385