Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122744 times)

Skyline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #900 on: August 17, 2014, 07:03:31 am »

Hey guys,

thank you very much for your fast work!

I have a question regarding the soundsense file. There are so many updates in the last weeks and if you delete the whole DF-file, the downloaded sounds from Soundsense have to be reloaded every update.
Is it possible to copy/paste the soundsense file every time or does it get updates that often, too?

Thanks in advance,

Skyline

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2014, 08:09:38 am »

I have a question regarding the soundsense file. There are so many updates in the last weeks and if you delete the whole DF-file, the downloaded sounds from Soundsense have to be reloaded every update.
Is it possible to copy/paste the soundsense file every time or does it get updates that often, too?

Yes, you can copy the soundsense music across to a new version.  The pack update script should do this for you.

You can still catch the occasional updates by using the update button in soundsense. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Casei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:34 am »

Unhandled Exception Error when I terminate the program's ability to call home, then it runs upon hitting OK.

Give us the ability to turn off the call home "feature" gracefully.

Henour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:59 am »

craft-age-wear is enabled in dfhack for "Pure Bugfixes". As I understand it it changes wear to occour every twenty years.

I never did sience on this but from what I remember the "normal" wear rate is a lot faster. Is it considered considered a bugfix because wearing out masterworks can make your crafters go mad?

I fondly remember !!fun!! because I forgot to get a clothing industrie going in time in an older version. With the fixed level of wear it sounds like most dwarfs will die before their clothing wears out.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:59:38 am by Henour »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 17, 2014, 11:02:14 am »

craft-age-wear is enabled in dfhack for "Pure Bugfixes". As I understand it it changes wear to occour every twenty years.

I never did sience on this but from what I remember the "normal" wear rate is a lot faster. Is it considered considered a bugfix because wearing out masterworks can make your crafters go mad?

I fondly remember !!fun!! because I forgot to get a clothing industrie going in time in an older version. With the fixed level of wear it sounds like most dwarfs will die before their clothing wears out.  :-\

I would actually welcome that because it'll mean less worn clothing clogging up the finished goods stockpile and not having to jump through hoops to get them to put worn clothing in a refuse stockpile.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #905 on: August 17, 2014, 11:06:44 am »

I have started to make wide spread use of auto-quantum stockpiles recently. If something has a legit way to reduce the stock pile clutter like a bin I don't but mechanism and furniture in general just take so much room and when I am making 55 each of beds, doors, coffers, and cabinets the workshops can get quite cluttered.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 17, 2014, 11:08:37 am »

Usually when I'm making 55 each of doors, beds, etc, I'm also installing them. Plus I always make a single huge furniture stockpile with plenty of room.

Bolland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 17, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »

Great update as always, PeridexisErrant.

However, there are a few things missing in dfhack.init
I had to add the mousequery params back in from the old pack. I think they should be included again. I can't play without cursor tracking. :)
I may have missed others.

The legends processor outputs regionX-legends_archive.zip, but you have a typo when moving it (regionX-legends-archive.zip instead of regionX-legends_archive.zip).
Not your issue, but I think I get old (pre-migration) numbers with the dwarfmonitor happiness bar when migrants come during the session. Have to reload to get the numbers to go up.

Zedus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 17, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

Released Dwarf Fortress 0.40.09 ;)
yay! +)
I'm HAPPY )))

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 17, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »

Unhandled Exception Error when I terminate the program's ability to call home, then it runs upon hitting OK.

Give us the ability to turn off the call home "feature" gracefully.
Changing the "checkagain" date (top of LNP/LNPWin.txt) to sometime in 2050 should do that for you.

I have started to make wide spread use of auto-quantum stockpiles recently. If something has a legit way to reduce the stock pile clutter like a bin I don't but mechanism and furniture in general just take so much room and when I am making 55 each of beds, doors, coffers, and cabinets the workshops can get quite cluttered.
Usually when I'm making 55 each of doors, beds, etc, I'm also installing them. Plus I always make a single huge furniture stockpile with plenty of room.
You guys might want to investigate the dfhack plugins workflow and buildingplanner - between them you can place furniture you haven't made yet, and it'll be built and placed automatically. 

However, there are a few things missing in dfhack.init
I had to add the mousequery params back in from the old pack. I think they should be included again. I can't play without cursor tracking. :)
I may have missed others.

The legends processor outputs regionX-legends_archive.zip, but you have a typo when moving it (regionX-legends-archive.zip instead of regionX-legends_archive.zip).
Not your issue, but I think I get old (pre-migration) numbers with the dwarfmonitor happiness bar when migrants come during the session. Have to reload to get the numbers to go up.
DFHack being new for 40.08, there's a fair bit of stuff I haven't done much with - enough command syntax changed and so on that I need to spend a while reading before I re enable everything.  I did try that anyway, but errors everywhere.  Glad that you've got a handle on it though :)

Typo: that explains much.  Thanks, I'll fix that!

Released Dwarf Fortress 0.40.09 ;)
Patience, I'm waiting for dfhack and Dwarf Therapist. 
 Donations here.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »

in the old  versions i could set up those workflow parameters within the DF UI and didn't have to insert commands in a console, will this UI integration be back again?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 17, 2014, 07:35:47 pm »

in the old  versions i could set up those workflow parameters within the DF UI and didn't have to insert commands in a console, will this UI integration be back again?

Yep.  We're still in very early days for 40.xx dfhack, it will be better than 34.11 once it stabilises and finishes updating properly instead of scrambling for compatibility. 
 Donations here.

Admiral Badger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 17, 2014, 08:32:41 pm »

Forgive me for asking what's probably a rudimentary and basic question, I'm not quite as fluent with computers as you guys are, but how exactly does one go about updating the starter pack to work with the latest update? Or should I just be more patient?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 17, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

Yep.  We're still in very early days for 40.xx dfhack, it will be better than 34.11 once it stabilises and finishes updating properly instead of scrambling for compatibility. 

Yeah, DFhack is kind of buggy right now.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 17, 2014, 08:43:34 pm »

Forgive me for asking what's probably a rudimentary and basic question, I'm not quite as fluent with computers as you guys are, but how exactly does one go about updating the starter pack to work with the latest update? Or should I just be more patient?

No worries.  This is the quick and dirty option, which doesn't include utilities, graphics, configuration, etc... but it works. 

- Make a copy of the most recent pack for the previous version (40_08 r3) in this case
 - Rename it for the new version, r0 ("Dwarf Fortress 40_09 Starter Pack r0") - this will be recognised by the update script once my update is released
 - delete the "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08" folder
 - replace it with an equivalent for 09, and insert files.  DON'T just overwrite the current set, that would break things.
 - don't install graphics, that would break things.  https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics has updates if you need one.

Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 385