Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126646 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1935 on: December 11, 2014, 04:52:24 pm »

Does disabling TwbT change anything?
Obviously it turns off the TWBT features like multilevel, text font, and overrides.

mifki did make single-line changes in some other DFHack plugins to make them compatible with TWBT, but they behave exactly as before if TWBT isn't running (that is, no need to track them down and revert them).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:55:55 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 11, 2014, 05:04:18 pm »

Does disabling TwbT change anything?
Obviously it turns off the TWBT features like multilevel, text font, and overrides.
I was referring to the problem mndfreeze mentioned in the post above:
No idea how or when this occured, but at some point in the last few versions my dwarves no longer have the flashing Z over them when they sleep and I'm pretty sure some other graphics are missing as well.  No idea if this is due to starter pack changes or something else but the fort I'm running is pretty new and the problem was not there at first on an older starter pack version.

Pressing ALT three times fixes my hotkey issue, it does seem to crop up quite often, I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause it. I wrote a little program to monitor the status of my Alt button and it doesn't seem to be sticking, so seems like it might be a dfhack/windows related issue.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that it's a DFHack-specific problem at this point, particularly since DF's libgraphics (which also handles SDL input) contains a workaround for this exact problem (that is, modifier key releases not registering properly). It should be relatively easy to implement that fix in DFHack as well, but I don't have a Windows machine to compile/test on.
Edit: By "stuck", I was referring to key release events not being handled properly (which I think is an SDL problem), not a physical problem with your keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:08:10 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 11, 2014, 05:27:45 pm »

Here is another report of autolabor enabling itself. I'm fairly certain this is a problem with this pack, rather than a DFHack problem, since I've never seen autolabor do this myself.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 11, 2014, 11:11:34 pm »

So I'm having an issue enabling ASCII characters. ASCII default doesn't show up in my graphics list, and going to customize and setting it to curses still has living creatures Phoebus-ified. Resetting to default doesn't help, and nothing I do seems to be getting the ASCII default folder (which IS there) to show up as a selectable option.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 12, 2014, 04:56:21 am »

You have to turn the graphics option off in init.ini it should be an option in the launcher Idk.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 12, 2014, 10:00:17 pm »

Why does this keep changing the resolution and how do I change it back to the default?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 12, 2014, 10:13:35 pm »

Why does this keep changing the resolution and how do I change it back to the default?
Are you changing graphics packs or something?  Those might be overwriting init changes that you made.

Or your copy of DF was built by Bloody Stupid Johnson.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 12, 2014, 11:04:39 pm »

Are you using TwbT?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 13, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

Are you changing graphics packs or something?  Those might be overwriting init changes that you made.

Or your copy of DF was built by Bloody Stupid Johnson.

It comes straight off of the bay 12 front page.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 13, 2014, 04:16:43 pm »

Why are you reporting a problem in this thread if you're not using this pack? Also, what exactly is the problem? Can you provide screenshots?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 13, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

Why are you reporting a problem in this thread if you're not using this pack? Also, what exactly is the problem? Can you provide screenshots?

Because I'm starting with DF Starter Pack r2.

It is changing the tileset/resolution, I haven't touched anything other than start.

After
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:01:17 pm by locustgate »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 13, 2014, 06:19:37 pm »

That is the font changing a few seconds after the game launches, not the screen resolution.  What you're seeing is the TWBT plugin activate, which alows you to have a text-centric font in your text areas while having a map-centric font for your maps.  Set to the defaults, you won't see your map font until you actually embark (the embark-selection maps use ASCII because map-centric fonts weren't built for those maps).

(Edit: Though it's hard to tell, that might be TrueType instead of TWBT.  They have similar goals of making the text legible, but they are not compatible with each other.)
Just got back, updating:

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 13, 2014, 06:44:04 pm »

No, the second picture shows Truetype. You can disable that in data/init/init.txt if you like (change [TRUETYPE:...] to [TRUETYPE:NO]).

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 13, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

That is the font changing a few seconds after the game launches, not the screen resolution.  What you're seeing is the TWBT plugin activate, which alows you to have a text-centric font in your text areas while having a map-centric font for your maps.  Set to the defaults, you won't see your map font until you actually embark (the embark-selection maps use ASCII because map-centric fonts weren't built for those maps).

(Edit: Though it's hard to tell, that might be TrueType instead of TWBT.  They have similar goals of making the text legible, but they are not compatible with each other.)

That was it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:29 am »

Is the list of content on page 1, second post up to date?
I ask because it still says it includes Dwarf Fortress 0.40.16...
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 385