Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122709 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1950 on: December 14, 2014, 06:25:40 am »

Is the list of content on page 1, second post up to date?
I ask because it still says it includes Dwarf Fortress 0.40.16...

In every other particular, it should be (and I'm fixing that).  If in doubt, check the changelog.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 14, 2014, 06:44:35 am »

I've noticed the lack of Zs while dwarves in my current fort sleep, like a post from a few pages back, and was wondering if anyone knew why that might happen?

Changing TWBT/Truetype settings doesn't seem to change anything either.

This is using Phoebus, if anyone has noticed it with other tilesets.

Eklofakka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 14, 2014, 09:59:51 am »

I'd like to report a bug/problem I've been having with the latest 'Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2' release. The problem is that I'm unable to brew anything at all at the still.
In the 'z' -> 'Kitchen' options, there's no option for brewing. It just says '-----' (cooking is working). I've made sure to have lots of empty/free barrels and made sure that no plants were located in bags (read that it could 'cause problems).

I understand that having graphic packs might corrupt the raw data somehow. So I installed a complete fresh copy of 'Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2' and disabled the graphic mods in the .init file and also turned of all utility programs, even DFHack. But that solved nothing (been reinstalling it several times with different settings trying to get it to work).

I don't know if I'm doing something completely wrong or just missing something. But it feels that the default settings in 'Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2' should work. Since it's there to make things easier.

Sorry if this has been posted earlier. Could't find anything here about it.

Thanks for reading.

**EDIT** Just wanted to add that this is not just on a specific save. The problem percists through all my world gens and installations of 'Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r2' with the default settings.

**SOLVED** Did some more thural testing with the bags and it turned out that they are the problem. Putting all the bags in my fortress to 'Forbid' unlocked the 'Brew' option in the kitchen menu.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:54:36 pm by Eklofakka »

Janbure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 14, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »

The game crash at the coming of the new year, it's the first fortress of a new world.
I've imported the save from the 40_16 Starter Pack r3 using the utility in the pack.
That's really strange cause I've already been on this fortress for a year with no problem whatsoever so I don't know if it's the pack itself or the game.
Also in full screen mode the fortress view don't scale right, there is always an inch of black at the right side.

Bloodmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:32 pm »

Hello, after downloading this version and tried to start Sounsense but it asked me to find gamelog.txt in my Dwarf fortress directory, problem is that said file is nowhere to be found :( ! What do i have to do to fix that? (and yes i'm a noob)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 14, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

Hello, after downloading this version and tried to start Sounsense but it asked me to find gamelog.txt in my Dwarf fortress directory, problem is that said file is nowhere to be found :( ! What do i have to do to fix that? (and yes i'm a noob)

Starting DF will create the file, and Soundsense will then work on subsequent runs.
 Donations here.

Bloodmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 15, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

Starting DF will create the file, and Soundsense will then work on subsequent runs.
Thank  you :) !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 15, 2014, 03:13:50 pm »

Couldn't you just distribute an empty gamelog.txt if it's required?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 15, 2014, 06:27:09 pm »

Couldn't you just distribute an empty gamelog.txt if it's required?
Yep, I'm going to add this to my upload prep script.  The potential issue hadn't come up before, and I guess 40.19 ships without a gamelog.
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1959 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_19 r3!  As usual, you can get it here.

A couple of bugfixes - notably, "ASCII Default" graphics should be working again.  Dwarf Therapist update brings gelding options, and a host of miscelaneous upgrades.  And some new DFHack scripts round out the update. 

Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v30.1.0; adds gelding etc
 - fixed exportlegends bug; did not export detailed map
 - old changelogs are now in ./LNP/About/history.txt instead of this file/post
 - added DFHack script "burial", GUI option; auto-allow built coffins for burial
 - fixed ASCII graphics
 - added DejaVu-Mono font option
 - added empty gamelog; some utilities freak out otherwise
 - added DFHack script "position"; reports time in great detail

MD5:  DE363849ACF2B5103D08538D60A19529
 Donations here.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 16, 2014, 07:35:08 am »

Code: [Select]
- added DFHack script "burial", GUI option; auto-allow built coffins for burial
 - added DFHack script "position"; reports time in great detail

Is there an repo where the various starter packs store these non-default dfhack scripts? Maybe something to add to the LNP-shared-core?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 16, 2014, 08:04:26 am »

Basically no - the only standard report for dfhack scripts is dfhack, and most are added once they're finished or judged to be of an appropriate standard.

position.lua is currently in a pull request, despite being 2/3 done. burial.lua is by Putnam, I don't know what he plans but I'll add links soon.
 Donations here.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 16, 2014, 08:35:01 am »

Would making some basic layout/format changes to dfhack.init (so I can actually read what's in it without my eyes bleeding) cause any problems for it's function?

And if not, is there anything I need to not mess with in there?

The block of unbroken text that is in there now just makes my brain want to go into a martial trance of text formatting.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 16, 2014, 11:57:52 am »

Loving the packs so far, but I can't download r3, is the website down?

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 16, 2014, 02:59:47 pm »

Would making some basic layout/format changes to dfhack.init (so I can actually read what's in it without my eyes bleeding) cause any problems for it's function?

And if not, is there anything I need to not mess with in there?

The block of unbroken text that is in there now just makes my brain want to go into a martial trance of text formatting.

Some text editors (Notepad!!) don't honor the line endings.  The DFHack.init file does have them.  Try reading it with Notepad++ or Sublime Text 2/3. 
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 385