Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122667 times)

FukkenSaved

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_19 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #2025 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:47 pm »

If anyone wants to use the newer version:
SoundSense seems to be version independent as all it does is poll Dwarf Fortress's log. It will ask to point to that so look for gamelog.txt in Dwarf Fortress's folder.
To get Phoebus running, get http://www.mediafire.com/?2p7axbyagp2ij and copy the contents over the Dwarf Fortress folder.
Dwarf Therapist still seems to work fine, but you need v0.40.23_graphics.rar from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2014/share/memory_layouts/windows. Put that in the latest Therapist /share/ folder and it should work just fine.
You can disable aquifers by searching inorganic_stone_layer.txt, inorganic_stone_soil.txt, and inorganic_stone_mineral.txt in the /raw/objects/ folder by searching for [AQUIFER] and replacing with nothing.
Otherwise everything else that matters to me at least is in data/init/ d_init.txt and init.txt
Frankly the starter pack and the new version each have their own advantages, but once DFHack is applied to a version with priority (and autolabor allows you to import/export settings, maybe has a GUI) our labor micromanagement issues will be all but a thing of the past.

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 28, 2014, 12:14:16 pm »

Hey guys I am having a little problem and I am not sure if it is me, my computer, or the internet connection or the site. Or something else.. Hopefully you guys can help.

I just bought a new laptop. My first. A toshiba satellite c55 . I put my flash drive in the usb post and could not get dwarf fortress to play.
I could not find the executable file to run the starter pack. If I need to I can go back and chase down that problem later. But for now I decided to use my folk's wifi to download a clean version.

I am trying to download the 34.11 version of the starter pack from  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8687  and it will not complete the download. It always tells me it "failed".

I know It is suggested to play the newest version, but I don't do well until bugs are ironed out. And, I rellay like where things were at in the previous version. I still have some challenges I want to finish under those constraints.  One of the times I got a fail message it said something about 'downloads have exceeded number' or something... Yeah that is vague, but it was 2 am and now it's the next day. This is the second network I've tried it on, both are a little slow, if that matters.

Can anyone else get it? Or any ideas what is causing me trouble ?

thanks in advance
an''t catch me!

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 28, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »

That seems to me to be more of a hardware/network issue.
What browser are you using?
Do you have Java installed?
Where does it attempt to save the files?
Can you download other files?
Did you attempt to Google your issues?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 28, 2014, 04:03:01 pm »

You can disable aquifers by searching inorganic_stone_layer.txt, inorganic_stone_soil.txt, and inorganic_stone_mineral.txt in the /raw/objects/ folder by searching for [AQUIFER] and replacing with nothing.
Try replacing [AQUIFER] with !AQUIFER! instead.  That's how the starter pack disables aquifers, and importantly it's an operation that can be reversed.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Draaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 29, 2014, 04:01:53 am »

Maybe your antivirus is picking up dfhack in the zip file as a virus, which mine does but I tell it to ignore it.  If it is picking that up then it will fail the download.

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 29, 2014, 05:45:02 am »

i looked but didnt see anything, i am using the newest version of this pack and the tile sets arent working. i have tried every one but there is nothing. it loads for three seconds when i start dwarf fortress then switches back to the default texture pack.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 29, 2014, 05:59:46 am »

i looked but didnt see anything, i am using the newest version of this pack and the tile sets arent working. i have tried every one but there is nothing. it loads for three seconds when i start dwarf fortress then switches back to the default texture pack.

3. Don't panic if it seems graphics aren't working - menus and text are meant to use ascii tiles now.

O cool thx.  Hadn't made it to the actual embark yet.  Assumed it wasn't working 'cuz the world gen screen looked very different from what I remember....

Thank you for the replies.  :)

Edit: Discovered it must have been a true type font thing btw.  I switched to 2D and TrueType and it's all as I recall it now.  :)

- Text will be Text v5.36 (with item overrides, clear text, and multilevel)

This DFHack plugin means all menus and test is in vanilla ASCII (or your choice of font), while your actual fort can use a graphics pack.  Worldgen is also affected, so if you've now got a fort going try changing back to print_mode:TWBT - you might like it!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:01:22 am by fricy »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 29, 2014, 06:31:18 am »

3. Don't panic if it seems graphics aren't working - menus and text are meant to use ascii tiles now.

O cool thx.  Hadn't made it to the actual embark yet.  Assumed it wasn't working 'cuz the world gen screen looked very different from what I remember....

Thank you for the replies.  :)

Edit: Discovered it must have been a true type font thing btw.  I switched to 2D and TrueType and it's all as I recall it now.  :)

- Text will be Text v5.36 (with item overrides, clear text, and multilevel)

This DFHack plugin means all menus and test is in vanilla ASCII (or your choice of font), while your actual fort can use a graphics pack.  Worldgen is also affected, so if you've now got a fort going try changing back to print_mode:TWBT - you might like it!
thank you
is this true when i generate the world too?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 29, 2014, 06:40:42 am »

I had to change the advanced setting for the graphics.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 29, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »

thank you
There was a raging tomayto/tomahto argument about the proper font for world maps.  If you use the TWBT print mode, then your world maps will be in ASCII, and if you use the TWBT_LEGACY print mode then your world maps will be the graphics font.  At the time this was implemented, there wasn't much difference between the two from a feature perspective, but that may have changed.  If you just use the maps to (f)ind desired locations, then I'd recommend sticking with TWBT mode.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 29, 2014, 03:39:42 pm »

thank you
There was a raging tomayto/tomahto argument about the proper font for world maps.  If you use the TWBT print mode, then your world maps will be in ASCII, and if you use the TWBT_LEGACY print mode then your world maps will be the graphics font.  At the time this was implemented, there wasn't much difference between the two from a feature perspective, but that may have changed.  If you just use the maps to (f)ind desired locations, then I'd recommend sticking with TWBT mode.
Afaik the difference is that TWBT mode uses a more efficient rendering method and supports non-square text tiles along with square map tiles.

Kluge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 29, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

If anyone wants to use the newer version:
SoundSense seems to be version independent as all it does is poll Dwarf Fortress's log. It will ask to point to that so look for gamelog.txt in Dwarf Fortress's folder.
To get Phoebus running, get http://www.mediafire.com/?2p7axbyagp2ij and copy the contents over the Dwarf Fortress folder.
Dwarf Therapist still seems to work fine, but you need v0.40.23_graphics.rar from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2014/share/memory_layouts/windows. Put that in the latest Therapist /share/ folder and it should work just fine.
Otherwise everything else that matters to me at least is in data/init/ d_init.txt and init.txt
Frankly the starter pack and the new version each have their own advantages, but once DFHack is applied to a version with priority (and autolabor allows you to import/export settings, maybe has a GUI) our labor micromanagement issues will be all but a thing of the past.
Can confirm this is almost entirely working (thanks!). Having a weird issue where keys occasionally rebind on DFHack, but it's solved by simply restarting it. Crashes occasionally happen in worldgen and very rarely while playing. There are some strange happenings outside that... hard to say if it's from using mismatched software or if it's a new DF bug... or maybe I'm just misreading this?

I'm having difficulty visualizing where a dog's eye tooth would be, though I'm impressed by the fortitude of the dog's toe which came out unscathed. He fared much better than the previous guard dog which had a kind of "toothsplosion" after a macegoblin thunked his thinker.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 29, 2014, 08:15:54 pm »

Eye Tooth is a certain specific tooth, I'm not sure which one though.

I think.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Kluge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 29, 2014, 08:20:55 pm »

Eye Tooth is a certain specific tooth, I'm not sure which one though.

I think.
:D You know... that makes more sense.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:04 am »

An eye-tooth is a canine, or fang, y'all.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 385