Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126331 times)

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_23 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #2160 on: January 16, 2015, 01:27:17 am »

That's all Text Will Be Text.
Is that a plugin? I'm not sure how to install that.

Are you not playing the latest version of the starter pack? Make sure in the launcher the print_mode is set to either TWBT or TWBT_LEGACY. Any of the other options 2d for example won't activate text will be text. Or you may be wondering why the multilayer view isn't as deep as it use to be or why the shadows aren't as dark as they use to be.

You'll want to open up dfhack.init which is in Dwarf Fortress 40_xx Starter Pack r1\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.xx and there you will see multilevel xx it's not recommended to go more than 10 and 5-6 is better for fps. That is what you will want to edit to see more z levels below.
Thanks for the reply. I opened the dfhack.init and added a '5' after the multilevel, tried the print mode in both TWBT and Legacy, and i can still only see 2 levels at a time. I also just noticed that dfhack's first error message is 'multilevel is not a recognized comand'. I am sad. I also turned off antivirus to no effect, but still. Also im using the most recent 40.23 starter pack r2 and not the 40.11 r3.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:29:13 am by Steforian »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2161 on: January 16, 2015, 03:07:45 am »

Are there any other messages in dfhack console in red or yellow? Also post your init.txt here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 16, 2015, 03:36:26 am »

Does "plugins/twbt.dll" exist? I think your antivirus deleted it.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 16, 2015, 11:59:03 am »

Does "plugins/twbt.dll" exist? I think your antivirus deleted it.
There comes a point when you just want to exclude your entire DF folder from scanning.  However, if you're using one of those "trust-based" antivirus systems, it will notice as users white-list the files and eventually stop harassing people who download it later.

Everyone who likes to be an early adopter of DF or its starter packs should take a moment to learn how to undelete and whitelist files with their antivirus software.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »

Are there any other messages in dfhack console in red or yellow? Also post your init.txt here.
I found my plugins folder, inside was 'twbt.plug.dll'. Also ill post an image of my dfhack messages and my init.txt

http://imgur.com/C7IFjlN http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10454

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 16, 2015, 01:44:30 pm »

I found my plugins folder, inside was 'twbt.plug.dll'. Also ill post an image of my dfhack messages and my init.txt

http://imgur.com/C7IFjlN
Yeah, dfhack folder is messed up, you tried to combine .19 with .23.  ???
My advice is to go with a clean .23 pack, only copy your save games to the new one, then use the launcher to install the graphics and select print mode TWBT.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »

http://imgur.com/C7IFjlN
Yeah, dfhack folder is messed up, you tried to combine .19 with .23.  ???
My advice is to go with a clean .23 pack, only copy your save games to the new one, then use the launcher to install the graphics and select print mode TWBT.
Yes! That fixed it. Thank you, and thank everyone else who tried to help stupid me.

fpsKorean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: January 16, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »

Hi, should I wait until 40_24 or is this comparable with the latest DF version? (Rather confused if the bugfixes from .24 are included).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: January 16, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »

They're not. Not sure where you got the idea that they are...

fpsKorean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »

Sorry, but it was updated 9 days ago, thought PeridexisErrant would have updated it yet but just made minor changes to the existing file. My bad...

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #2170 on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:23 pm »

Sorry, but it was updated 9 days ago, thought PeridexisErrant would have updated it yet but just made minor changes to the existing file. My bad...

He ca'n't update the Pack until Dwarf Therapist and DFHack are updated, which can take longer than many things because it involves reverse-engineering the memory space the game uses every time there's an update.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

fpsKorean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: January 16, 2015, 06:00:52 pm »

He ca'n't update the Pack until Dwarf Therapist and DFHack are updated, which can take longer than many things because it involves reverse-engineering the memory space the game uses every time there's an update.

Ahh, thank you for explaining. Should I wait for the next patch or just jump straight in? I have a tendency to stop playing when I need to "update" to a newer version...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: January 16, 2015, 07:10:38 pm »

Jump right in - DF won't be finished for decades yet, and the current pack is good.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fpsKorean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: January 16, 2015, 07:20:09 pm »

Jump right in - DF won't be finished for decades yet, and the current pack is good.

OMW! And thank you for picking up the lazynewb pack. You're bringing joys to hundreds that can't be bothered the microing.

Melax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simplifing
« Reply #2174 on: January 17, 2015, 09:42:00 am »

Hi,

the Starter-Pack is  REALLY great for DF-newbies like me :)  thanks a lot!!

But a quick question if I may: would it be possible to add the "standardized" mods of Meph  (standardized wood, standardized leathers, etc) into the pack (maybe with option to undo)?

Especially for people like me who just start with DF, all the different (more or less "same") items are a great problem to get a start to the game... so it would be great for a STARTER pack when this could be included, getting an easier "how to play" with the option to undo the changes and play like a profi ;)
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 385