Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126560 times)

Draba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #2295 on: February 01, 2015, 09:52:46 pm »

Just started a game, didn't do anything besides designating the first few foors.
If I just copy the save into the new r3 df folder should everything work without a problem?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:27 pm »

Is it safe to copy default art, raws and init from the old version (for example r2 to r3)?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: February 01, 2015, 11:04:51 pm »

Sorry should have read the topic first, :p
Anyway i just had to copy a custom hotkey, color and phoebus.png over to the new version, so no problems.

Just a question, when running Soundsense (the version included in the pack ofc), it can update to about 170mb when downloading the sounds, but it says 170mb out of 340mb or something similar. It then stops as if done downloading with a negative size indication for the next files.
When i start it again, it lists 170 out of 340 again, and i can restart the update, and it re-downloads the same few files again but with no change to the overall progress. The dos window also displays a lot of "Did not find: blablabla.mp3"

This never happened in the past when i used Soundsense. Is this a bug to the utility itself, or with the copy in this pack?
Thanks

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: February 01, 2015, 11:38:08 pm »

Just started a game, didn't do anything besides designating the first few floors.
If I just copy the save into the new r3 df folder should everything work without a problem?
Yes - but I suggest using the copy-my-data.bat script, which will handle all your saves and a significant volume of other data.

Is it safe to copy default art, raws and init from the old version (for example r2 to r3)?
You can usually delete-and-replace files, though changing DF version might make this unsafe.  Never just copy over an older version!  In this case, it's safe to delete-and-replace from the previous pack.

When running Soundsense (the version included in the pack ofc), it can update to about 170mb when downloading the sounds, but it says 170mb out of 340mb or something similar. It then stops as if done downloading with a negative size indication for the next files.

When i start it again, it lists 170 out of 340 again, and i can restart the update, and it re-downloads the same few files again but with no change to the overall progress. The dos window also displays a lot of "Did not find: blablabla.mp3"

This never happened in the past when i used Soundsense. Is this a bug to the utility itself, or with the copy in this pack?
As far as I know, it's a bug in the utility - it's apparently unable to download files with spaces in the filename.  Try downloading the zip directly, and manually extracting to the proper folder.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: February 02, 2015, 03:05:13 am »

Made a new colorscheme.
I love Bone, but also the natural grass and leaves of Mishka.
I decided to mix them a bit.
Specifically to keep blood looking like blood, and to keep the snow fairly white, and pink flowers or leaves pink rather than yellow/orange as in Mishka.
Most of all to add the Bone warm brown UI colors to Mishka.

The majority from Mishka, but the LightMagenta, Magenta, White, LightGrey, DarkGrey and Black are from Bone.
Brown is my own warm wood color. Red is more like blood.
If you think its diverse and/or good enough, feel free to include as another option.

Vherid-Baleur_Miskha-Bone.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: February 02, 2015, 04:58:56 am »

Just started a game, didn't do anything besides designating the first few floors.
Yes - but I suggest using the copy-my-data.bat script, which will handle all your saves and a significant volume of other data.

Great, thanks.
+as others have already stated a million times, the starter pack is a godsend :)

KimmyM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: February 02, 2015, 08:40:23 am »

The .bat copied my SoundSense data this time, but to download it the first time I had to edit the configuration.xml file and switch the order of the servers.

This is what it looks like, I just changed the order around, and put www.armedassault.info on top

<autoUpdateURLs>
      <item path="http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/soundsense/au" />
      <item path="http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack" />
   </autoUpdateURLs>

And thanks so much for the starter pack!  I'm just getting back into DF after not playing for years, and things have changed quite a bit.  I'm not sure I would have my client cobbled together at all if I was trying to jump in cold.

Edit: Further research shows that flipping these doesn't really fix anything, all it does is let the autoupdater skip the files it can't handle.  I appear to be missing some files, and all of them have spaces.  I'm manually downloading the soundpack now, but I'll leave this here, it might still be helpful.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:43:46 am by KimmyM »

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: February 02, 2015, 11:06:44 am »

Sadly, Salithus is no longer maintaining the Torrent links (referenced in the OP). Can someone please take that on?

Evershifting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: February 02, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »

Good evening fellow seekers of !!Fun!!

I have a question. Is there something I might have done to make my Building Planner cease to work? Doors and tables are planned but not constructed.
Yeap, I have idle dwarves with furn. hauling enabled.
Yeap, non-planned furniture placing is working fine
Quality/material requirements are set to "Any"

BTW, I have a small goblin camp at my embark zone, but I haven't started at their fort or something like this. Is it normal?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:57:05 pm by Evershifting »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: February 02, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »

Has anybody tried legends viewer recently? It always crashed whenever I tried to load an xml.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:00 pm »

Good evening fellow seekers of !!Fun!!

I have a question. Is there something I might have done to make my Building Planner cease to work? Doors and tables are planned but not constructed.
Yeap, I have idle dwarves with furn. hauling enabled.
Yeap, non-planned furniture placing is working fine
Quality/material requirements are set to "Any"

BTW, I have a small goblin camp at my embark zone, but I haven't started at their fort or something like this. Is it normal?

hauling has been broken for me since the priorities lists came out. I would suggest moving the items you want built to a stockpile only for those items.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: February 02, 2015, 10:30:15 pm »

Maybe when you have enough dorfs you can reserve some haulers and disable hauling for other dorfs using Therapist.
I don't have this kind of problems with the new system, even though I have only 20 dorfs.

Childeric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: February 02, 2015, 10:40:19 pm »

Has anybody tried legends viewer recently? It always crashed whenever I tried to load an xml.

Hi, I used it without any problem. The legends mode anyway induced Dwarf Fortress crash is I went to the play game after leaving the Legends mode, but this is not your current question :)

I exported the XML but I first exported the world map... I had a crash of Legends Viewer the time I forgot to export first a map of the world... or if matters, whole set of maps... I dunno because I haven't tested all the exports.

I hope my answer can help you.

Kind regards.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: February 02, 2015, 10:58:44 pm »

Yeah, it worked this time. I deleted the old world and generated a new one.

Maybe the xml export had some problem, it was only 2mb in size, which is too small for a 1050 years history.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: February 03, 2015, 03:06:59 am »

Whats with Phoebus graphics pack engravings showing a picture of what the engraving is. While i like the idea, it looks terrible in my opinion and makes it difficult to see. Any way to have the old style engravings?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 385