Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122799 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #2955 on: December 06, 2015, 11:47:10 am »

You could try passing 'wb' to zf.open(). Neither of those files seem to decode to valid index files, by the way - your correct one is missing an "=" at the end, and I have no idea what's wrong with the second one.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

GaenaralHONK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 06, 2015, 12:05:08 pm »

I keep getting crashes on the 40.24-r20 version of your pack. I only use Dwarf Therapist, Soundsense and DFHack Workflow and Performance Tweaks additions if that helps.
Crashes seem to be at kind of random times, though they are less often than on r19 when i used Workflow as well. The last crash I just had was while saving.

Edit: I am running on Win7 64 bit
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:18:46 pm by GaenaralHONK »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 06, 2015, 12:17:29 pm »

Does "on a save" mean while saving or while you had a save loaded?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

GaenaralHONK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 06, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »

I meant while saving

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 06, 2015, 01:05:07 pm »

I see you don't even bother updating the title anymore. Understandable.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 0.42.01-r03
« Reply #2960 on: December 06, 2015, 02:10:44 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.01-r03!  As usual, you can get it here.
Would be cool to update the thread title then, I only swung by to see if there was an ETA.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #2961 on: December 06, 2015, 02:38:06 pm »

If you look back to where PeridexisErrant first posted the new versions of each major update to DF, he doesn't update the thread title or the first page until the new build is relatively stable -and- Dwarf Therapist and DFHack are in the Pack, since those are the most essential utilities for new folks (and not new folks, I don't start using the new version until I have DT and DFHack)

So... wait for it, and it will happen. But being sarcastic and disrespectful ("I see you don't bother...") will not make anything faster, just make you look like an unpleasant person who is ungrateful for all the work so many people put into updating this pack.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:29:42 am by EBannion »
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:04 pm »

The thread title will be updated once I judge the new pack stable, at which point I'll also move it to the main DFFD page.  Until then, you can create a DFFD account and get email updates about watched files if keeping up with this thread is too painful.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fiordhraoi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 07, 2015, 12:11:37 pm »

Thanks again for your contribution.  Frankly, I wouldn't have ever toughed it out enough to learn DF without the starter pack.

Crossing fingers that DFhack gets its update soon!  :)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: December 07, 2015, 02:42:54 pm »

I haven't gotten any visitors since switching to the Windows LNP.  Is anyone else experiencing that, or am I just getting unlucky?
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Friti

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Roo. Hop to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: December 07, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

IMHO, Dwarf Fortress is neigh unmanageable without Dwarf Therapist, at least with anything approaching 20+ dwarves so good on PeridexisErrant for waiting for stability and support from this utility. 

DT with the ability to have predefined roles (Soldier, Farmer, Drudges, Nobility, Craftsdwarves, etc.) makes it /LOADS/ easier to manage your dwarves on a macro-scale, going micro for the few exceptions to general rules. 

Keep up the good work, and we await your pleasure on the new toys!

Sheer_Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: December 07, 2015, 07:45:32 pm »

Installing tile packs doesn't seem to work for 40_24 r20. I applied a bunch of different ones one at a time but nothing actually updated and I'm stuck with ASCII.
Breaking thumbs since 2013

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: December 07, 2015, 08:22:18 pm »

Installing tile packs doesn't seem to work for 40_24 r20. I applied a bunch of different ones one at a time but nothing actually updated and I'm stuck with ASCII.

Thanks to the TwbT plugin, all the menus use ASCII text - but the map area will still use the graphics you've chosen.
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 0.42.02-r02
« Reply #2968 on: December 08, 2015, 08:34:56 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.02-r02!  As usual for the cutting-edge pack, you can get it here.

This is really Fricy's update:  it's his excellent work maintaining and updating other people's graphics packs that have made this possible.  When I went through file by file, checking all the other updates and changes I've seen over the last week - from six people over four packs, plus the DF updates - every single upgrade had already been integrated.  So Strike the Earth - and if you're using a graphics pack, think of Fricy!

0.42.02-r02
 - using Fricy's graphics repo again; all packs from 40.24 are back
 - data/index problem vanished; was a heisenbug? (hotfixed for r01)

For those interested, the blocks to this becoming the stable/mainline pack are Dwarf Therapist, DFHack + TwbT, and remaining DF bugs.  Everything else is done!
 Donations here.

Corambis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 0.42.02-r02
« Reply #2969 on: December 08, 2015, 09:26:26 am »

For those interested, the blocks to this becoming the stable/mainline pack are Dwarf Therapist, DFHack + TwbT, and remaining DF bugs.  Everything else is done!

I'm really glad that Mayday is working again. That's been my go to set since the tutorial. Now the only thing I'm waiting on are the things you mentioned above. With DFHack and Dwarf Therapist, I'll be ready to jump in and brave the remaining bugs. This will be my first game with my drastically better new computer, so I think that's going to really improve things as well.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 385