Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122698 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3105 on: December 31, 2015, 08:45:54 am »

I think DFHack at the moment doesn't support the functions, future releases will enable them!
There isn't anything missing from DFHack that I know of. It's most likely a pack or launcher issue.

My game always freezes when I confirm a trade anyone having the same issue?
Might be that it is because I have DFHack enabled but I dont know for sure.
It might be the confirm plugin, but that's never frozen the game for me. Is that just happening in a specific save?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3106 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

There was a bug in 42.02 (I think) that would cause a freeze on the trade screen if you were trading goblets.

Are you still in 42.02?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 31, 2015, 12:01:22 pm »

There wasn't a release of this pack for 0.42.02, although DFHack 0.42.03-alpha1 does support DF .01 and .02 as well. There was a crash caused by goblet trading from saves created before 0.42 that was fixed in 0.42.04, though - is your save from 0.40?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xaygon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: December 31, 2015, 01:15:37 pm »

I see that might be the case.... Yes the save is from 0.40 and no I am in 42.03 I will try and see if it still happens if I carefully avoid trading the goblets

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: December 31, 2015, 04:17:36 pm »

I doubt it's the goblet trade issue, since that cause DF to crash when you tried to enter the trade screen if goblets were among the things selected to be tradable from the "bring to depot, 'g', screen, rather than a crash at confirmation. The problem can be worked around by reentering 'g' and remove all goblets from the selection and then trade. You could also sell goblets to non dwarven caravans.
However, it's probably worth it to try to see if it's the goblet issue.

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: January 01, 2016, 11:45:42 am »

I have set Aquifers to "No" in your cutting-edge pack and created a new world - it has Aquifers... why is this?

GaenaralHONK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: January 01, 2016, 11:57:20 am »

Turning aquifers off worked for me. Maybe try restarting/making another world. If that won't work just reinstall

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3112 on: January 01, 2016, 03:33:45 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.03-r03!  As usual, you can get it here.

Minor update, but this is now basically stable - everything done, except that DFHack is a prerelease version.  Strike the Earth!

0.42.03-r03
 - added TwbT
 - updated Dwarf Therapist
 - fixed a keybinding issue

Thank Armok, TwbT! I love that mod.

The page still says r02, but the file name is r03. ??? It made me do a double take before downloading.

Thanks for your hard work, Peridexis!  :) 

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: January 02, 2016, 01:00:08 am »

So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this. It's somewhat Starter Pack related, but not an actual problem with the Starter Pack. Perhaps just in the way I'm using it correctly or not.

I am using the Spacefox setup, but was having trouble with reading some of the menu items still. I know I was seeing everything VERY clearly using GemSet, so I went looking through all the setting in the starter pack and tried changing some of the font tilesets in the Customize section of the graphics tab. I don't think I tried every combo (probably should have been writing down the combos I was using) of the font and graphics_font lists but I tried quite a few, and just wasn't getting that 'look' I was after. I then swapped back to GemSet in the starter pack and started comparing that setup with the SpaceFox setup in that customize area. Noticed that the Curses_1280x600.png wasn't in the SpaceFox area.

From there I went looking for that file using windows explorer, and once I found where it was located in the GemSet area, I copied and pasted it to the same location in the SpaceFox folder hierarchy. Restarted the Starter Pack and did find it that in the customize area where I was expecting to find it. Installed that in my current game, set my color to Vherid_Natural and delved back in.... Success! Everything looks wonderful.

My question is: Have I done something I shouldn't have done? Meaning, are there differences between these files that are going to come back and bite me in the rear-end later? Will some stuff be shown that is for something else entirely? Any help and advice would be most welcome!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope I did that spoiler thing right, first try at it!

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: January 02, 2016, 01:01:48 am »

Guess my spoiler tag worked correctly, yay! My cropping job on the screenshot on the other hand... not so much, got some of my other monitor in there, like a fool.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: January 02, 2016, 06:13:42 am »

You're just using a different text tileset and different colors there's nothing out of the ordinary that you have done. Spacefox already contains a large number of "tilesets" included in it so placing a large number of text tilesets with it is not likely going to happen since the files big enough as is and you adding another one to your own isn't a problem.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: January 02, 2016, 07:08:18 am »

Thanks for the updated version!

Does somebody else have issues with Dwarf Therapist? It does not seem to work at all for me. I checked Splinterz thread and he said that version 34.0 might cause hickups with anything older than 0.42.04 - could it be that the two versions in this pack (DF 0.42.03 + 34.0 Therapist) are not compatible?

EDIT: just to clarify: Therapist reads all my dwarves correctly but I'm unable to assign any labors
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:10:11 am by Afghani84 »

Malakhaj

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: January 02, 2016, 08:33:04 am »

I am using LNP 0.42.03-r02; Have trouble with DT there aswell; dwarfs are all there but can`t asign any jobs (all jobs for all dwarves are red - disabled). When I point a particular dwarf there is a short note below his position etc - can`t assign jobs for non citizens. I think DT just do not recognize dwarfs from previous version saves as citizens in ver 0.42.03.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: January 02, 2016, 08:39:29 am »

The latest DT version doesn't work with 0.42.03 (well, technically it's the configuration in this pack that doesn't work with the latest DT version and .03).

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 02, 2016, 08:45:51 am »

The latest DT version doesn't work with 0.42.03 (well, technically it's the configuration in this pack that doesn't work with the latest DT version and .03).
It seems that way. Is it possible to manually update the pack to 0.42.04? I tried copying the files over (making sure I don't delete the graphic packs) but afterwards the LNP only shows ASCII as option...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:52:12 am by Afghani84 »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 385