Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122817 times)

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3090 on: December 28, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

Wow, you were right to warn about the unstable new version!  :)

Admittedly, I don't think it has anything to do with the Starter Pack. (Certainly, I didn't use any of the utilities that come with it.) But I haven't played DF for a year or two, so I decided to try a little Adventure Mode in version 0.42.03. It works great until I decide to save the game. Then it crashes about half of the time. Without saving anything.

OK, I only played a couple of days, so it crashed twice in three, maybe four, saves. But after playing for hours, it's a bit frustrating to lose everything you've done. So I think I'll wait for newer versions.  :)

I love the Lazy Newb Pack, though. It's great! Thanks much!

Bill

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 29, 2015, 12:51:23 am »

So, with the fairly substantial additions of 42.04 only a couple of days old, the next release looks like it's going to fairly radically change how the undead work. I wonder how much more is going to be added and tweaked in the .42 version before Toady goes back into the longer development cycle.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 29, 2015, 04:24:05 pm »

I've had no problems with the bleeding edge version. I even use some of the utilities, like Armok Vision.

Thanks much to everyone involved.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 29, 2015, 10:12:50 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.03-r03!  As usual, you can get it here.

Minor update, but this is now basically stable - everything done, except that DFHack is a prerelease version.  Strike the Earth!

0.42.03-r03
 - added TwbT
 - updated Dwarf Therapist
 - fixed a keybinding issue
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Avernite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:45 am »

Is that only me or dwarf therapist doesnt update jobs?

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 30, 2015, 02:17:40 am »

Great, thank you very much!

Someone wrote ":!: Virus in this one, I would RE it but don't have time right now." in the comments of the download. For a prior version. Well, it is possible, there's tools and shared libraries... Also it could mean false positives, also some report on upx packers... Anyone? I currently have only MSSE which does not report anything.

EDIT: Probably this: https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5edc1c3a6b3ae171022cf3dd1b761d970752dbe0d367dacfebc5e6c98daf007c/analysis/

I think no problem. I don't know. BTW, I just realized, Sysinternals tools like process explorer can now send all running processes at once to check at virustotal.com (options menu). So this is a great way to check for an infected system.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:31:37 am by jaardichten »

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 30, 2015, 02:37:40 am »

I have a question about the fonts, I am not an expert at this.

If I set TWBT (TT fonts are set to NO), DF after start does first show the ironhand tile letters (I prefer Ironhand), but then switches to some old school font after a second.
If I set fonts to "2D", ironhand fonts stay, but dfhack complains that I should turn on TWBT.

What do? Thx :D

EDIT: OK, ShizzleCleanText is what is best on my notebook. I've set it to both, font and graphics_font.

What is the difference between font and graphics_font? Thx again, I guess I'm annoying...

One more thing. There is that message if an autorun tool like Soundsense is already running. Pylnp then asks if it should start it again. Wasn't there a possibility to supress this message and allow only 1 instance?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:59:20 am by jaardichten »

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 30, 2015, 09:11:04 am »

My virus scanner found nothing wrong with the file.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3098 on: December 30, 2015, 11:07:26 am »

Great, thank you very much!

Someone wrote ":!: Virus in this one, I would RE it but don't have time right now." in the comments of the download. For a prior version. Well, it is possible, there's tools and shared libraries... Also it could mean false positives, also some report on upx packers... Anyone? I currently have only MSSE which does not report anything.

EDIT: Probably this: https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5edc1c3a6b3ae171022cf3dd1b761d970752dbe0d367dacfebc5e6c98daf007c/analysis/

I think no problem. I don't know. BTW, I just realized, Sysinternals tools like process explorer can now send all running processes at once to check at virustotal.com (options menu). So this is a great way to check for an infected system.

This comes up all the time. DFHack reads and modifies running programs, and the others apps read running programs, and so they tend to set off virus alerts. It's a false alarm, as long as you're downloading the official DFFD hosted files.

If enough people report the version as 'safe' when the alerts pop up eventually it gets filtered out by the virus scan.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Plo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 30, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »

Is that only me or dwarf therapist doesnt update jobs?

same here, a soon as i start a game, Dwarf Therapist tells me "Labors cannot be changed for non-citizens" for all 7 dwarves

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 30, 2015, 12:55:50 pm »

If the problem's in the bleeding-edge pack, I'd guess it's probably because the functionality hasn't been fully integrated in the latest version, probably something to do with the addition of non-dwarf residents.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 30, 2015, 01:20:27 pm »

There was recently a DT change that was supposed to handle non-citizens correctly. I guess that check is incorrectly preventing citizens' labors from being changed too.
The DT thread in the utilities subforum is a good place to report DT issues: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0 (so is https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/issues)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Schnoofles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 30, 2015, 08:52:52 pm »

Total newb here, so it's very possible I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having an issue where trying to toggle items in the dfhack tab does not seem to actually change anything. I don't know if it's a case of it changing things silently, if there's a bug or I've made a mistake somewhere, but regardless of whether dfhack is currently set to on or off clicking, double-clicking or right-clicking items in the list do not produce any visual or auditory feedback to confirm if something has changed. I have also tried running the launcher with administrator privileges.

Here's a youtube link (00:00:16) showing my issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwd-J_ltZ-4

Dainz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 31, 2015, 03:00:15 am »

I think DFHack at the moment doesn't support the functions, future releases will enable them!

Xaygon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 31, 2015, 04:41:53 am »

My game always freezes when I confirm a trade anyone having the same issue?
Might be that it is because I have DFHack enabled but I dont know for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 385