Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126359 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3210 on: January 17, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

It was inevitable, etc.  Seriously, can we stop posting about it?  I know the update is coming...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 17, 2016, 06:50:56 pm »

Looks like it's already here. Sincere condolences to PE and all the other people who make this possible, that have to scramble to update their stuff pretty much the instant they get the current version fixed.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
CTD when placing furniture [v. 0.42.03 and .04]
« Reply #3212 on: January 18, 2016, 11:15:50 am »

I'm having problems when placing down furniture in both v. 0.42.03 and .04. The game CTD seemingly at random when I'm placing cabinets. I don't recall if it behaves like that with other type of furniture. I suspect it has something to do with DFHack, but didn't tested that yet. Has anyone else experienced that?
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 18, 2016, 12:07:02 pm »

Are you using truetype fonts? Are you using DFHack's buildingplan plugin?
Edit: I couldn't reproduce this with two cabinets just now, one constructed normally and one with buildingplan's planning mode. Does it reliably crash when placing cabinets, or at a consistent time after you load the save?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:41:15 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 18, 2016, 01:45:00 pm »

Are you using truetype fonts? Are you using DFHack's buildingplan plugin?
Edit: I couldn't reproduce this with two cabinets just now, one constructed normally and one with buildingplan's planning mode. Does it reliably crash when placing cabinets, or at a consistent time after you load the save?

No truetype, i'm using TwbT. And it have crashed with and without the buildingplan. Good point about the crashing after a consistent time, I'll check about that.

EDIT: It just happened while I was placing beds. First i placed some beds normally, then I used the DFHack buildingplan to lay down some coffers without a problem, then was going to place some more bed without the building plan again and it crashed. It might have something to do with the number of "placed" shadows waiting for the actual object... I don't know. There was about 20 of it when the game crashed.

EDIT2: Recounting, it was actually 30 or more of that shadowy object place-holders at the time of the crash. I'm being careful to not have more than 10 or 15 objects waiting to be placed at a time and no crashes as of yet.

EDIT3: Crashed again, two times, after only 5 doors placed. Its also not time consistent, as at the first time it crashed after 1h15min of gameplay, and at the second time it crashed at about 15min of gameplay. I will try to disable DFHack (dammit, no workflow or quicksaves  :'() and see if the crashing persists.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:07:53 pm by BadLeo »

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:29 am »

Oh, I'm looking forward to playing the newest version. The changes to zombies seem to make embarking near a tower much more appealing to me, since they tended to completely overrun my early game military before.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CTD when placing furniture [v. 0.42.03 and .04]
« Reply #3216 on: January 19, 2016, 09:07:49 am »

By disabling DFHack, I was able to place more than 50 consecutive objects without any issue. Will get back to using DFHack and see if I can track down what of the plugins are causing this...

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
Re: CTD when placing furniture [v. 0.42.03 and .04]
« Reply #3217 on: January 19, 2016, 11:25:22 am »

By disabling DFHack, I was able to place more than 50 consecutive objects without any issue. Will get back to using DFHack and see if I can track down what of the plugins are causing this...

I'm going to guess 'workflow' without any evidence.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 19, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

Actually, "Mouse Controls" seems to be the culprit, but my test wasn't extensive enough for me to be absolutely sure...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 19, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »

Were you placing constructions with the mouse? What exactly do "mouse controls" include (check PyLNP.json, I think)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LarryP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 19, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »

I'm a newbie so please bear with me.  I've been playing for a few days and found the game I've been looking for, but today it stopped working and I think the 'workflow' plugin is the culprit.  I have the starter pack 40.xx something, can't recall right now, sorry.  Anyway, while setting up carpenters, gem cutter, masons, kitchen, and crafter with workflow, it stopped, froze, quit.  All I could do was click 'close program.'  I have played it for about 20 hours and had one crash.  Not bad I guess for a game in constant change.

After reading the bugs posted on Mantis, I'm wondering if I'm getting into a game with constant heartache.    >:(

I can't imagine playing this without the DFHack extras.  The sounds, workflow, graphics especially, mouse help, and others.  The first time I played DF, I installed the vanilla and was really only put off by the ascii graphics.  Then I found out about the starter pack and fell in love!

I can't imagine doing without the workflow plugin... I got spoiled.   :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 19, 2016, 08:21:53 pm »

Were you placing constructions with the mouse? What exactly do "mouse controls" include (check PyLNP.json, I think)?

"mousequery edge enable"
 Donations here.

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 19, 2016, 10:00:39 pm »

So, how long before an update with DF 0.42.05 is ready? This is not to pressure you to hurry up, if this still takes a few weeks, I'll just play a different fort; but I feel the same way as Salkryn:

Oh, I'm looking forward to playing the newest version. The changes to zombies seem to make embarking near a tower much more appealing to me, since they tended to completely overrun my early game military before.

- and I have a very nice location, where I can only embark with the embark anywhere option from DFHack.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 19, 2016, 10:28:02 pm »

So, how long before an update with DF 0.42.05 is ready? This is not to pressure you to hurry up, if this still takes a few weeks, I'll just play a different fort

Basically a day or two after DFHack (for TwbT), which means in the days-weeks range but almost impossible to be more precise.  Generally I suggest just playing, as there's always an update coming somewhere :)
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 19, 2016, 10:48:36 pm »

I personally need tilesets and therapist at a minimum to play well. I don't really use too many of the dfhack plugins or other bells and whistles, but the ability to keep track of my dwarves when my fort is around 200 individuals is a godsend.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 385