Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413195 times)

The_Jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.55
« Reply #1785 on: April 07, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »

To be honest, I think that at this point following the MQ is pretty pointless. We don't need most of that stuff. All we need is Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard. It would be beneficial to have Nerevar's Ring, and become the Hortators, etc. but it isn't necessary. I think our goal should be to acquire those items, and begin building alliances for an army. Dagoth Ur has already started the war, and we can use that to gain allies. BTW, talking to Vivec does need to be on our list because he is key in acquiring Wraithguard. But that can wait if it needs to. As far as Vivec is concerned, could we get him to be more on our side if we don't go around trying to tell people we are the Nerevarine? Perhaps we could directly ally with him?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 07, 2014, 11:53:04 pm »

He didn't say it. It was said by our character/Lord Bucket's narration, which also mentioned that this was when he WOULD say it, if he wasn't called away early.

It's still a lead.
A lead to what, though? In-game it's part of the main quest, but requires breaking her out to complete and is done by somebody with a lot more progress towards Neverainedom.

I just thought of a major point of divergence in the MQ here. Vivec tells all the ordinators to hunt down the player because he feels the Nerevarine is a threat, but he changes his mind. Except, pretty much the first thing we did in this game was talk to him. Might we have affected how he'll respond to this situation?
Another interesting point here- Vivec seemed relatively approving of us, and not really the type to order us murdered just because we might be "a threat." I wonder if there's something we're missing there (possibly just his more cryptic/alien nature, or "the greater good" type reasoning), or if the player Nerevarine does or can be assumed to do something to trigger that kind of a reaction.

To be honest, I think that at this point following the MQ is pretty pointless. We don't need most of that stuff. All we need is Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard.
Don't we? Even if the Nerevarine is a single, predetermined individual who is also us, can we really bypass the prophecy like that?

It would be beneficial to have Nerevar's Ring, and become the Hortators, etc. but it isn't necessary. I think our goal should be to acquire those items, and begin building alliances for an army. Dagoth Ur has already started the war, and we can use that to gain allies.
The ponies might make ideal allies here, and I'm not sure who else would follow us without proving ourselves the Nerevarine. I'm not entirely sure what an army would do in any case; distract Dagoth Ur's superminions while we go for the Heart, maybe, but that seems kind of obvious. Pony bodyguards might have a better chance of being useful, though we have no idea what might convince them to help.

BTW, talking to Vivec does need to be on our list because he is key in acquiring Wraithguard. But that can wait if it needs to. As far as Vivec is concerned, could we get him to be more on our side if we don't go around trying to tell people we are the Nerevarine? Perhaps we could directly ally with him?
Also, didn't somebody tell us that Vivec had disappeared? Or am I just thinking of the fact that he vanished after talking to us, not necessarily that we've gotten word that he's remained vanished?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 07, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »

No one's told us that he's disappeared. He gets abducted or something during the Oblivion crisis, but that's a good 6 years off.

I do think that for the usual Morrowind ending, we're going to need an army. As seen by Khul (does that mean we can't get to Solstheim btw?), Dagoth has an army of his own. It will take more than just a few high-level PC's to keep it occupied.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 08, 2014, 01:16:54 am »

Note:
Will probably start tallying votes tomorrow.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 08, 2014, 02:43:51 am »

To be honest, I think that at this point following the MQ is pretty pointless. We don't need most of that stuff. All we need is Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard. It would be beneficial to have Nerevar's Ring, and become the Hortators, etc. but it isn't necessary. I think our goal should be to acquire those items, and begin building alliances for an army. Dagoth Ur has already started the war, and we can use that to gain allies. BTW, talking to Vivec does need to be on our list because he is key in acquiring Wraithguard. But that can wait if it needs to.
You know what might be a good idea for building ourselves an army? Uniting the Ashlander Tribes. I am point this out less because it's part of the main quest, and more because it seems like something we can do that some other similar character isn't already doing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 08, 2014, 10:51:59 am »

To do that, we'd need to prove ourselves to them. Also, making trips to the ashlands. We can't do it right now but it could be a long-term goal.

I'd support training ourselves, whether focused or on the way to somewhere. We've finally got the skill we've been looking for since almost forever, time to make it pay off.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 08, 2014, 11:13:45 am »

I think training ourselves via an overland trip to Vivic city and looking into starting the questline might help though. And you know what we might find? (Also, while we are in Vivec we might be able to talk to him again about what we need to beat Dagoth Ur, and see if we can't get him to provide it)

That someone else is already doing it, so really all we need to do is talk to them and convince them about the danger Dagoth Ur poses.

In fact, I think traveling and find and talking to every one of these much strong than us characters should be our goal. Clover was a bust - even if she WAS still their, we know she spends all her time doing the morrowind equivalent of being AFK. But the others might be an option.

I'm actually... kind of wishing we'd gone to the duel now, since we could have talked to Adorabella about this. Asking where she is and trying to arrange a meeting with her now might actually be a good idea...

But I really agree with what was mentioned about how we aren't going to be able to solo this
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:17:10 am by GlyphGryph »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 08, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

I'm going to finalize my vote as whatever IronyOwl suggests, since our ideas were similar enough that I'm content with either, but with the added stipulation that we ask someone in the Mages' Guild where we can find Adorabella, if we're near a chapter of the guild at any point in the near future.

I really think we should focus somewhat on contacting PCs, amongst out other goals. I've got a feeling they're important for determining whether or not we're the Nerevarine, and we've yet have a worthwhile conversation (worthwhile from my skewed perspective) with any of them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 08, 2014, 11:56:23 am »

In fact, I think traveling and find and talking to every one of these much strong than us characters should be our goal. Clover was a bust - even if she WAS still their, we know she spends all her time doing the morrowind equivalent of being AFK. But the others might be an option.
We only saw her doing that once, though. We don't know.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

I've been reading these but somehow I keep forgetting to post to watch, doing that now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 08, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »

Console testing results are abysmal.

We can, unsurprisingly, take mudcrabs and kwama foragers. Alits are a fight to the death, with us losing in my test run. Not necessarily by very much, but it's still not very encouraging. My test armor also came to 6 with a pinch of combat wear, whereas Michael's is listed at 4, so even that might have been a bit generous.

I'm not sure what we should be doing. I'm sorely tempted to go to Seyda Neen and let mudcrabs beat us until our armor skill is better, but it'd cost money to get there and back, destroy our armor (which isn't entirely a bad thing, but still potentially expensive), and not do much for our attack skill.

The other option would I suppose be fighting things along the route to Vivec. I'm not sure I actually see us arriving at Vivec, so I'm more concerned with the route than the goal. Fighting rats or kwama foragers would be marginally better for our dagger skill, I suppose, but worse for our defenses, and we might have to flee if we encounter anything except rats or kwama foragers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »

Can you plot us a route that is fairly free of things we can not effectively  run from?

Oh, that reminds me:
Can you actually, like, climb things? Like use your arms to pull yourself onto stuff or whatever? If we could climb trees we might be want to figure that out in case we need an emergency escape from a ground critter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 08, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »

I'd guess that the acrobatics skill, in our case, represents stuff like that. We see a first person camera moving up and down with no arms, so we'd assume jumping, but Michael might experience it differently. Still, it's a good question.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 08, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »

Also worth noting that in a worst case scenario we do still have an invisibility potion.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:41 am »

How are we doing on the cliffracer front? Last time we encountered one as close as Fort Moonmoth.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 161